Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
I personally feel parallel batteries can be just as or maybe more dangerous than stacked. I would only use a parallel mod if each battery had a separate fuse. If they are wired together and one battery goes bad the good battery is pushing current into the bad one. If they are wired together and one battery is weaker the stronger battery will initially take the full current load while also helping his weaker partner.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Series batteries aren't a bad thing when a circuit that requires 7.4 is in place. Generally this circuit will have safety in itself.

As far as parallel batteries, as long as they are a matched set, go for it. If you have uneven internal resistance from different batteries and a load that maxes one, then a volatile situation is present and should be avoided.

Parallel and series li-ion batteries are used all the time in other applications *read RC hobbyists. If safety is excercised, danger can be avoided.

For the sake of ignorant kids, I would say do not do it, unless you have complete understanding fo batteriy safety.

* I am not insinuating anyone in this thread is an ignorant kid. No offense intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread