Status
Not open for further replies.

OdysseyScheme

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
about.me
8MoRQ3K.jpg

I got these batteries yesterday. Anyone else use these ones (or ones similar) in their mechanical mods?

wshanncap

Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Ohio, USA
Never tried the Panasonic but I hear they are ok. I still use the red Efest batteries rated at 10 amps. I don't do super sub-ohm builds so I have never needed more than 10 amps. But I have heard others talking good things about the Panasonics. Should be ok.

Add Note: I'm at 0.8 ohm now and my max load is only 5.25 amps. Thats why I get away with the lesser batts.

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The Panasonic 18650 3400mAh NCR18650B batteries are not a high drain battery. They would not be recommended for mech mods as they are 2C rated and only be good for higher resistance usage (Max. Discharge rate: 2C (6.8A))

Check the specifications here....Panasonic 3400mah 18650 battery NCR18650B rechargeable 3.7V

The Panasonic 18650 NCR18650PF and PD would be better, and rated at at least 10 amps, gives you more headroom, extra safety margin.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with Stosh. That model of battery has a low amp rating of 6.8 amps continuous discharge rate. Depending upon what resistance build you are using on your mechanical mod, the NCR18650B may or may not be adequate for your application.

If using normal resistance coils (1.2 ohm or higher), that battery is fine. If using sub-ohm build coils, you need a high-drain IMR battery with at least 20 amp continuous rating. Click on the "blog entries" under my avatar for my "Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or ICR" article for a large list of recommended IMR and IMR/hybrid batteries that cover a wider range of applications.

OdysseyScheme

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
about.me
I agree with Stosh. That model of battery has a low amp rating of 6.8 amps continuous discharge rate. Depending upon what resistance build you are using on your mechanical mod, the NCR18650B may or may not be adequate for your application.

If using normal resistance coils (1.2 ohm or higher), that battery is fine. If using sub-ohm build coils, you need a high-drain IMR battery with at least 20 amp continuous rating. Click on the "blog entries" under my avatar for my "Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or ICR" article for a large list of recommended IMR and IMR/hybrid batteries that cover a wider range of applications.

Thanks! I appreciate the extensive advice.

.....Hey, we're from the same city!

So I've read many articles on here about batteries but none of them mention where to get batteries. I've bought more crappy batteries in the past 2 years than I've bought good ones. Granted the first year I never realized it was my charger that was killing them. Anyone have a good recommendation on who is a good reputable vendor for good batteries?

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
So I've read many articles on here about batteries but none of them mention where to get batteries. I've bought more crappy batteries in the past 2 years than I've bought good ones. Granted the first year I never realized it was my charger that was killing them. Anyone have a good recommendation on who is a good reputable vendor for good batteries?

I've had excellent luck buying batteries from the following vendors:

rtdvapor.com
lightningvapes.com
imrbatteries.com
illumn.com
trianglevape.com

These are my go to sources and I pick among them based on current pricing.

OdysseyScheme

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
about.me

I got my Samsung 25r batteries from Illumn.com
Great and fast shipping, and the 25r's are definitely my favorite battery compared to Sony, Panasonic and Efest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread