Are these illegal in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning peeps! I just read an article in the paper about e-cigs. They said the e-cigs are illegal in canada except the 0 nicotine ones. Please don,t tell me the one thing i have found after 40 years of smoking to help me quit will not be an option!!!! I now want to buy 100 of bottles of juice and clearomizers just in case! So so sad :(

linkywins

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Tampa, FL
i'm from New Jersey and I recently tried to send my buddy in Canada my old V2 e-cigs with some extra juice(s) that I was not crazy about. The package made it's way to the border where it decided to just stall for a good two weeks.

Funny thing, I didn't think twice about what I was sending and where. It never ever occurred to me that I might be getting myself/someone else in trouble.

Maybe it just sits at customs for a while and then finds its way back here but i'm not too hopeful -_-

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
See the Canadian sub forum.

This is totally stupid by the Canadians IMHO. They should at least allow you to get nic-base with a prescription or some validation that you're old enough. I assume they only do it because they are worried about "new people" getting addicted to nic. But what about all the smokers that want to switch? Bah. The kicker is that you can get cigs with 7000 more chemicals in them in addition to nic. Sad.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Good morning peeps! I just read an article in the paper about e-cigs. They said the e-cigs are illegal in canada except the 0 nicotine ones. Please don,t tell me the one thing i have found after 40 years of smoking to help me quit will not be an option!!!! I now want to buy 100 of bottles of juice and clearomizers just in case! So so sad :(

I did a quick search on Canada laws on e-cigs and found that they are legal to use by individuals but illegal to import and advertise. Found one vendor that does sell e-liquid with nic content. Canada Vapes Store: Buy electronic cigarettes and e-liquid (e-juice) nicotine shipped from Canada. the drop down menu says strength 0, 6mg, 12mg, and so on, but doesn't say anything about nic. but with those mg choices has to be nic. they did have an evic in there starter kit selection, and some ego's too.

Another vendor that I came across in a previous search is CanVape: https://www.canvape.com/category-s/1914.htm
though they seem to have a wider selection of devises, all there e-liquids are shown as 0 nicotine.

I'm sure if you do a more thorough search one will find more options up north. Another thought is to check out Ebay Canada, might be able to score some decent stuff there. That is if there is a Canadian Ebay. there should be. HTH.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
After 5 posts wait 1 hr for the ECF servers to reset and http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...w-nic-supplier-list-via-pm-only-part-2-a.html
Closest place (Newmarket, Ont- have to register to view Nic juices) to you is www.CANVAPE.com Welcome to Canada's ultimate one stop shop on-line created for Canadian's to service your electronic cigarette needs. You'll find the highest quality products online for sale as well as the best pricing, service and sales. Quick proce
As for the legality of nic juice Health Canada has an Health Advisory out regarding nicotine juice and it isn't illegal BUT is regarded as a poison. HC and Customs have now wrongly interpreted the advisory as meaning nicotine juice is illegal.
Best of Luck.

Last edited:

tiff21300

Nov 23, 2012
Ontario
It's not illegal as of now. Is the patch or the inhaler? They are trying to scare us into believing it is illegal but it really isn't. The issue is HC has spent all this time building a negative attitude towards smoking and now vapers are making it taste like desserts and fruit instead of dirty nastiness. The gov't would prefer you smoke because the taxes are higher, cigarette companies make money off of selling them, and HC is worried more people will start up once they try vaping - these are 3 big players that do not benefit from vaping.

So it isn't illegal but we as Canadians are easily swayed by HC and the gov't so if you don't do your research on ecigs you will either die a smoker or quit completely so one of the 3 players win. With vaping, you are the one who wins.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Limner

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
Western USA
Go to YouTube and search "Vape Team". They do a regular series every Wednesday evening, each episode roughly two hours long, on all things vaping. They've had two episodes in the last several months devoted to Canadian vaping.

Episode #81 from August 21st is titled "What The Law Says", centering around a Canadian vendor of vaping gear and liquids battling mis-perceptions about the legalities -- the Canadian law discussion begins roughly 19 minutes into the video.
They had another episode last February, I've forgotten the title, also devoted to Canada.

Last edited:
FWIW. I tour a lot with my band, we did a 10 day run into canadaland and I had zero problems getting my stuff across the border. Keep in mind also that when we crossed we're in a van pulling a giant trailer, it's basically impossible to not be made to pull over while they inspect you further. We were there for about 30 min, the looked through all our backpacks, containers looking for "contraband". All the officers saw all my ecig stuff including the probably 60ml of juice that plainly said nicotine content on them and they didn't give me any problems. I walked around in public ripping clouds all over the place and nobody even gave me so much as an odd look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread