Are you still happy with your eGo-T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledouxmike

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Lafayette, LA
I love my ego tank. I upgraded from a normal 510. The vapor production is good, best thing is not having to top off every 5 friggin minutes. As long as there's about 20% vg or greater in your mix, you won't need to worry about leaking. I love this thing so much, I got my brother who was smoking Newports at the time to buy a Ego Tank kit. He tried mine and just loved it. Can't smoke cause he's got a baby on the way.

For the terminally frustrated, and slightly bad news:

Okay, so the system is obviously not perfect. The biggest problem is the atomizer wick. The wick is unbelievably small. Note: You really need a McGuyvery spirit with the Ego Tank Atomizer) First you have to take of the needle plate. Directly under it is the wick. It has nearly invisible bird pubic hair. Gross I know, but it's so small and delicate I can't even touch it with my bare hands. I totally destroyed 1 wick from this. So it's almost like surgery for me. Using tweezers and all kinds of gadgets to remove and fluff wick and put it back in.

what happens if you mess the wick up. (buy another?) Hell no, back to the McGuyver spirit, I bought silica rope (its what the wick is made of) from Mcmaster carr for $4 I got 1foot so I could make my own wick. There's no replacement parts for the Tank atty yet. They need to mass produce wick and needle plate replacements. That's another story. Anyway, if you don't mind doing all of this, then you will have some great vaping sessions. Driving without any problems. Stealth vaping at work all day. It's awesome.

Now, I am planning on buying some Clearomizers and the MAP tank. I just can't use these at work, since the Ego Tank looks like a big pen or marker and I can play with it, keep it on my desk, and have it in my mouth without anybody looking weird at me. Clouds of vapor has the MAP tank. I'm not trying to be driving around or walking in the grocery store vaping (as I do now) with that thing. :(

Anway, this is my long dissertation about why I like it. So far, for a mostly analog look and feel there is nothing that compares to it. I love mods, but I really don't want to walk around in public with an alien looking device to my mouth and then blow out vapor. :oops:

Basically, unless you have a mod, everything else on the market sucks .... Battery life, flavor, vapor production, and ease of changing flavors absolutely can not be beat. Hands down. :vapor:

End rant... :toast:

From what if heard, you are right, you do have to be a mcguyver to use these things. I just got 4 in the mail today. It seems the first one I got from an overseas vendor has a wick issue and needs to be adjusted. The second one from Cignot is working great. I'm going through the other ones to see if they are working properly. Thanks for all the input guys.

ledouxmike

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Lafayette, LA
I just got finished going through all my atty's. I had to perform surgery on two of them. They weren't wicking well. I adjusted the wick on those. I found the best thing to use is a big paperclip because it's big enough not to push a hole in the center. I adjusted the wick level with the bottom of the slant inside the piercing tube. This is how the Cignot's were setup and they both worked fine. Then I fluffed up the top of the wick with some pointed tweezers, made a little hole at the top of the wick with the tweezers and they are good to go. One of them has a burnt taste. Plenty of vapor, so I'm not sure what's causing that. I'm gonna run a tank through it i guess and see if the taste goes away.
I decided to blow it out and prime it with some fresh juice. This did the trick nicely.
Now they're all working great now.

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I'm still happy with mine. had it about a month. The atty I'm using now has been in service about 10 days and is perfect. the atty I was using before that was in service 2 1/2 weeks and I think it would still be in service if I hadn't lost it. I haven't had to do anything special other than blow the atty out between tanks.

odin

Jan 30, 2011
Gold Coast, Australia
Love mine. Have had it 4 weeks, rotating 4 atomizers and batteries with 10 tanks and about 20 liquids.

Only cleaned my atomizers for the first time today - soaked in some boiled distilled water with a dash of vinegar for 15 mins, blow through, let water run through a few times, rinse with plain distilled water. Dry burn, prime and they are all back to new.

Have had zero problems thus far, the whole system is much easier than cartomizers and dripping IMO.

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
i started out happy (2 days) bought some more atomizers by the time they came i was having serious leaking/flooding issues. got three more atomizers. One worked pretty well for a week. the other was decent but started gurgling away. I've used all the tanks a couple of times. cracked a couple and am re-using them. i don't think its the tanks seems to be the wick problems. working up the courage to poke at it a bit now that i got some back up atomizers and carts. just tried my first de-bridged lr 510 atomizer--nice addition to the repertoire! great for trying out new flavors as it has almost no capacity--sucks for driving heh heh as it doesn't have any capacity. super clean vape though...i guess i might be persuaded to try an LR tank but will snoop around a bit to find someone with a decent warranty.

odin

Jan 30, 2011
Gold Coast, Australia
One PITA is rinsing tanks and losing the end caps down the sink! Have lost 2 thus far and will remember to plug the sink hole prior to rinsing from now on.. or use a cup of water to rinse.

Has anyone tried the new black ego-t tanks? A dollar more expensive for the new design 10pc empty black Joye eGo-T tank cartridges - Joye eGo-T tank cartridges Heaven Gifts - any noticeable differences to the older blue / clear versions?

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
One PITA is rinsing tanks and losing the end caps down the sink! Have lost 2 thus far and will remember to plug the sink hole prior to rinsing from now on.. or use a cup of water to rinse.

Has anyone tried the new black ego-t tanks? A dollar more expensive for the new design 10pc empty black Joye eGo-T tank cartridges - Joye eGo-T tank cartridges Heaven Gifts - any noticeable differences to the older blue / clear versions?

Not a new design, I got some weeks ago. I like the transparent ones, you can see the juice level. Plus with a thicker liquid or just filled tank I can see air bubbles rise when I vap or primer puff.

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
10 days is unacceptable. I never had this problem with the eGo mega atomizers. Was surprised to see my tank atty die after about a few weeks/month. going to order a GO GO instead, i think.

I haven't had any issues with leaking, I'm still very happy with mine.

I'd be happier if I could get more than 10 days of use out of an atomizer, though.

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
I liked it at first (about a week), but for whatever reason it didn't pack the TH as the LR cartos I'm using so it's been sitting for quite awhile now. I'll probably mess with it more at some point when I have more time, but since my current setup is working just fine, the tank is gathering dust for me. (Still using the batteries though. The on/off feature is cool)

10 days is unacceptable. I never had this problem with the eGo mega atomizers. Was surprised to see my tank atty die after about a few weeks/month. going to order a GO GO instead, i think.

It's very frustrating - I have 510 attys that have lasted for months and months, and only one dud out of a dozen bought. The one upside is vendors who are willing to replace the atomizers that have died. Not that I've asked them to replace the replacements that didn't last any longer.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do from here - aside from early death syndrome, I'm pretty happy with the tank setup. I've never had much luck with cartomizers, the smart carts (1.0 and 2.0) are basically cute-looking garbage, and I've long tired of dealing with carts. I'll probably try VapeMate next - all my batts are auto, though; I've never been a huge fan of dripping.

Some days I think of how easy it was to just make sure that I always had an extra lighter.

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
i'm nursing along my last tank atomizer (of 4) waiting for a fresh shipment--I haven't tried cleaning or adjusting the wicks. Last few days i've been also using a plaoin ego cartomizer to good results. The syringe filling is a bit weird but at $2.50 or so a pop it looks to me like it's going to be way cheaper. I've had one bad dry vape filler burn experience in 4 days (either i was burning a lot more juice than i thought or i misfilled it.)

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
i bought the T 3 weeks ago this tuesday. (all regular attys) i'd say i'm getting an average of 5-7 days of good performance, then declinining to about the level of an old 510. One went completely kaput...Big burnt taste and then almost no vapor. One is still good but i am using it as a drip atomizer (too leaky). the other two have a clogged feeling and i think if i gave em a good soak and cleaning they might brighten back up. I don't have any (clear) alcohol handy and in the past boiling water never did the trick for my 510s and 306s. The only cleaning ive tried is blow and dry, re-prime with 0 nic pg/vg.

I'm waiting on an order of a cross-section of cartomizers now and once they are in hand i will experiment on cleaning these --but for now they are the last of my stock and it's just as likely i'll wreck them.

JackSam

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
NY USA
FYI letting it soak in water/alcohol does nothing to really clean it. It's the coil getting gunk built up on it only way to get rid of the crap is to burn it off. I experimented with my ce2's sitting in alcohol for 24hrs and it did nothing at all to help get rid of that gunk on the coil and the inside of these tanks is pretty much exactly the same in terms of cup coil & wick.

I've completely stopped using mine now and just use clearomizers, it's much easier., Only thing I miss is the double passage tip because it never had juice condensation pulling through to the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread