Status
Not open for further replies.

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
Scared or concerned of what you buy ?
So my story first , I started to DIY more than a month ago to try to keep some control over my spending and also customize my vape the way I want it.

First trial was awesome , I got the nic base , got the flavors mixed them up ... all good. When I ran out , my previous source was Out of stock so I found another reputable seller got the nic base , mixed it up and .... well results where not as good. The juice was tasty but with a nasty bite I didn't experienced before. Asked my vaping guru if there is any way the nic was bad , he says no such thing and that I should contact the seller which I did. Seller first said I might have mixed the whole thing wrong , I was open to that explanation , tried it again , left juice to steep , tried it again... same unbearable burn in my mouth like vaping habaneros , emailed back to seller explained that I got same results... and that's where everything went sour, seller accused me that I don't know what I'm doing , that I have communication issues, saying that I mixed already made juice with nicotine base and so on.
Not even ONCE seller offered to take it back and take a look at my claim and their logo is something is along the lines that customer is #1 ? No. 1 what ? Victim ?

So now I am really concerned of what exactly I buy and how much quality control takes place at the juice bottlers ?
Another one is how exactly would you react if that would happen to you , aside trowing the whole thing in the toilet ? Would you escalate this with authorities ? Again is not for the money , I NEVER asked for a penny back , I just asked them to look into it.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I too am sorry you are having a bad experience, with the nic and the seller both. I am not scared or concerned, the suppliers I buy from have good feedback here. I bought one of these- http://www.eliquidtest.com/BuyNow.aspx -to test if I feel the need to. I haven't yet, but it's here if I need it. I agree with kabonk, some nic tastes peppery and not in a pleasant way.

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
sorry you had a bad experience. I know that some nic taste peppery and I don't like that kind of nic so i always buy my nic from the same place a site that sell nothing but nic and a DIY supplies so I know what to expect.

So not all nic is the same ? I was told that nic is all the same and the peppery comes from concentration alone.

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
Didn't read the thread...but to answer your question, no.

I only buy from vendors that I trust (as far as what they put into my e-liquid). Although some of the TASTES from certain e-liquids have been beyond terrible (lol!), my experiences have all been positive.

I used to think like you but not anymore , I got the stuff from a supporting member of another forum , I don't want to release names until I get some sort of confirmation that it is their fault . I am not doing this to smear anybody.

I bought one of these- http://www.eliquidtest.com/BuyNow.aspx -to test if I feel the need to. I haven't yet, but it's here if I need it. I agree with kabonk, some nic tastes peppery and not in a pleasant way.

Good idea , I would say this kit is a must for any DIY-er. It doesn't have to be mischief from seller , just old fashion negligence to seriously harm you.

Last edited:

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
The last round of nic I got was a little more harsh than normal when mixed at my desired 24mg level.
Chalked it up to that after 1 year plus vaping and DIYing maybe 24 was too high for me.
Tossed in a little more vg/pg and flavour and now I'm a vaping machine again vapin' some sweet
DIY. About 16mg now. Like every batch, it's the best yet!

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
look30 - Is it just the nic base or did you get new flavors at the same time? As far as the nic base, it could be the processed used in producing the base (different manufacture/source country) than the vender you were dealing with. Hitmetwice had a good idea with cutting the nic level down.

I used same everything , only change was the nic base.
I vape low nic , usually 10-12 , I tried the cutting down but the peppery effect , while lessened was still there.
I wasn't aware that there is bad nicotine out there , now I know .
Going forward I will buy only from one source , the one I bought first and gave me good quality.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Since my start of DIY, I follow 1 rule.

Try your base straight. Make a small mix to your desired nic level and Vape it! No additives other than PG and /or VG.

Once you know what your bases taste like, you know if something is wrong with it, or if it's your mixing that made it bad.

A plain juice base should be mostly tasteless, possibly a bit of pepper tang, and an after taste of sweetness. It may be orderless in the bottle, or have a slight bitter smell to it. Not everyone smells it exactly the same. But once you know what it smells and tastes like, you will know where the problems are.

Litta'sGabby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Sandston, Virginia, United States
I was open to that explanation , tried it again , left juice to steep , tried it again... same unbearable burn in my mouth like vaping habaneros
I know of a vendor that sells their juice with a throat hit additive that is made partly out of Capsiacin, which is the active component of chili peppers, so you are not losing your mind! Perhaps your vendor sold you a bottle in error that had this extra throat hit additive? \Capsaicin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
I was open to that explanation , tried it again , left juice to steep , tried it again... same unbearable burn in my mouth like vaping habaneros
I know of a vendor that sells their juice with a throat hit additive that is made partly out of Capsiacin, which is the active component of chili peppers, so you are not losing your mind! Perhaps your vendor sold you a bottle in error that had this extra throat hit additive? \Capsaicin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That explains a LOT.

Litta'sGabby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Sandston, Virginia, United States
LOL! Yeah, I took a HUGE hit off of one of their vapes and it burned down into my lungs! Holy crap! I immediately emailed the vendor and they explained what it was. It was my first order with them and I had added this to all of my juices that I ordered and they had emailed me before mixing up my order and asked if they could "tweek" it since it was my first order. I said to go ahead, and I am glad I did. I can still barely vape the ones with the additive but they made one of my selections without it, and I love it. I was so glad they tweeked. I recommend to shake like you have never shaked a bottle of juice before, and it may calm down. Hope it gets better for you.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Not in the slightest but then I dont mind paying a premium for a quality juice from a vendor that Ive trusted for years. In all the time Ive ordered from them, every single bottle has been spot on and remarkably consistent.

Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. I didnt buy cheap cigarettes when I smoked.I dont buy cheap juices either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread