• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

As Seen On T.V. Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

myrindyl

Feb 10, 2010
Austin TX
Part 2
Bacon Wave It works, but not noticeably better than a plate and a couple of layers of paper towels.

Over The Door 5 Hook Rack Works great, I've bought a couple of them at different stores. I use one for hanging coats and jackets, one in the closet for purses, and one in the bathroom for robes and towels.

Ronco Electric Food Dehydrator I got the one I had at a garage sale, so maybe there was something wrong with mine. It never seemed to get hot enough, and the air didn't circulate properly. Maybe a new one would actually work.

Snap Hook Works, but only for very light things. I had trouble getting mine to hold anything much heavier than a wet washcloth no matter what surface I tried to stick it to.

Forearm Forklift I bought mine from a moving company, but they're still awesome. They work exactly as advertised.

That's all I've got for now, I feel like I've been touched by the spirit of Billy Mays!

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I have a gopher graber type thing made for the yard! I use it to pick up fallen oranges and pine cones and stray golf balls (thanks to the G'kids). My back does not appreciate the fact that every year the ground gets a bit farther away!
Mike hands a 5 gallon bucket on the riding lawn mower and carries the picker upper with him as he goes around the yard. Saves hopping of the mower to move sticks and pinecones.

GEMgarden

Feb 7, 2010
Toronto

These are a few things I'd still like to get and try-
Patch Perfect
Roll N Grow
Topsy Turvy Tomato Plant
EZ Combs (for daughter)
Hairdini (for daughter)
& I have always wanted a Jack LaLane Juicer untiiiiil, I saw the Vitamix shown at Sam's- & since it did it all... Now, seeing the HealthMaster- I want it because it is less expensive and the same...
Whew! This is a seriously long post! LOL But, you gals can see- I am willing to try so many things-

wow...you win the Shopaholic award for sure o_O

My colleagues likes to buy stuff from As Seen on TV but she has a lot to learn from you ;)

I've only purchased the slice and dicer (i think thats what its called)..Barely use it now..I think they always try to catch you by saying "only X payments of $X.xx"

That is one long post. I will read it when im at work and bored lol.

Metstoo

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Central Florida
We got the FURminator for our two cats. Bought it at the local pet warehouse type store. It really does work very well. Doesn't stop them from shedding but certainly gets a lot out of them.

Someone gave me that as a present and it does work... except I got a little carried away with one of my cats and she was damn near bald in one spot for a while. 8-o

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
Ninja Master Prep 400w Blender

This is the TSV on QVC-UK today. I've searched this thread and it's been mentioned once, but only by someone who's "seen" it, not by anyone who owns it or has used it.

It looks quite powerful, chops or "snows" ice even - there's a video on this page:

Ninja Master Prep 400w Blender with 1 Pitcher & 2 Bowls

Can anyone advise on its efficiency and sturdiness?

Thank you!

scylla :)

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
No expert here! That's just the name they give someone who talks too much!!! It goes by post count. I really need to chage it to something that fits me better..Chatty Cathy maybe!
At any rate, it is really great to see you! Come round more often!!:D
Oh..BTW I found my happy place! It's a KR808 Cartomizer setup. Of course I am a wimp so no big mods for me!

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
BTW I found my happy place! It's a KR808 Cartomizer setup. Of course I am a wimp so no big mods for me!

The first cartomizer/battery combo I bought was my No1 favourite vape in the whole world - but the battery was rather short-lived, so knowing my luck I didn't buy another for about 6 months, then I bought some cartos a few weeks back, with an adapter to be able to use them with my Screwdriver... = disaster: all air, no vape. The adapter had apparently been made for peeps who like a weak draw :( So I bought two purpose-built batteries (they're called Creator batteries here) to use with my cartos, and that's when I found out that all cartos are not made the same, these were w-e-a-k
t2301.gif
even without the adapter.

Then I dropped one of the new batteries down the toilet (loose cart, e-cig gripped between my teeth when I lifted the lid 8-o )

So I've given up on them for a while. I might try to do the staple mod to see if they work better with my SD, but... :rolleyes:

scylla... (way off topic, sorry)

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Scylla..since when do we care about topics in the Women's Room? I view this place as a big kitchen table with people popping in and out..topics slide all over the place like the plate full of coffee cake!
Gotta say..when you get in the mood again, try some carto's (premium style) and an extra long manual from vapor4Life.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
The touch n brush is the wall mounted toothpaste dispenser. My kids make a terrible mess with the toothpaste. Drives me nuts.

I wanted one so badly and it works great - WHEN IT STICKS TO THE WALL! I tried it on the wall and the mirror and it kept falling off! Finally, it fell in the middle of the night and broke. Waste of money, :(

Sonic scrubber works great! Please excuse my less than technical description
I got the big bathroom one and it doesn't seem to help at all - went back to using a green scrubbie and Comet cleanser.

I just had a quick comment on the Ped Egg-for me, as well as my sister, it worked great the first time but after that it pretty much did nothing. I don't think it is worth it for one use, and then having to replace the "grating". Did this not happen to anyone else?

It still works fine for me - when I remember to use it! LOL!

Someone mentioned the Pedi Paws in an earlier post. One of our local channels does a review of seen on tv products and only the people that owned small dogs like yorkies, were happy with it. They said it didn't have enough power to file a larger dog's nails.

Worked fine on my boxer. The beagel was afraid of it, though. The bad thing is that there is no place to store the replacement papers, so we lost them and I haven't seen them for sale. worked well, though.

I got a set of EZ Combs. $7.99 from a beauty supply store. OMG I LOVE them!!!! And you can lean your head back against the chair or the headrest in the car without hurting yourself as you would with a claw clip.

A+

Agree 100%! :thumbs:

I wanted to try the slap chop..I have a food processor, but the thing is big and heavey and a PITA to clean.

I have a KitchenAid chopper and I use it a lot for mincing and fine chopping. You still have to cut stuff into chunks first, but it's not a pain. I've heard the Slapchop is cheapo and you're better off buying something from KitchenAid or Pampered Chef.

Windshield Wonder I really want to know if this thing works. I'm looking for a good way to really clean all the crud off my windshield now that I've switched from cigs to vaping.

My brother SWEARS by it and gave one to my husband for christmas - he hasn't used it yet though.

Forearm Forklift I bought mine from a moving company, but they're still awesome. They work exactly as advertised.

We tried these - doesn't work so well if you're short. We used them for moving matresses and they didn't work so well.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Green Bags: :thumbs:
Foodsaver: :thumb: Would get 2 thumbs, but the sealer is so recessed that you waste 4" of bag everytime.
Touch N' Brush: :nah: Kept falling off the wall/mirror and finally broke itself.
Mighty Mend It: :thumbs: Have saved slippers, a comfortor and a sweater that the trim was falling off of. Great stuff!
Mighty Putty: :nah: Depends on the project - been hit and miss. Didn't work to fix a lamp and a few other things I tried, but worked to putty a hole that had a hook fall out.
Chia Pet Herbs: :nah: Not bad to start an herb garden & they work, but you can find a lot better ones at Menards or Home Depot that hold more, are just as affordable and look nicer.
One Touch Can Opener: :nah: So slow it's faster to grab the old fashioned kind. Nice, smooth edge, but can't strain out liquids. Good if you have trouble with regular can openers because of your fingers or hands.
Mr. Clean Erasers: :wub: Awesome product.
EZ Combs: :wub:
Swivel Sweeper: :nah: HORRIBLE. All it does is fling everything in front of it in all directions. Bad on carpet and worse on wood floors.
Swiffer Carpet Sweeper: :thumb: Works pretty well. Wish it held more stuff.
Bissel Spot Bot: :wub: While the self-cleaning is ok for tiny spills, the attached hose/brush is INDESPENSIBLE! We use it all of the time for kid spills and pet accidents. I don't know how we lived without it! Carpet & upholstery and I even used it on a fur blanket from Pottery Barn that my daughter spilled soda on.
Ped Egg: :thumb: Works as advertised - I just forget I have it, lol!
George Foreman Grill: :thumbs: Works well. Wish I would have bought the largest size, when cooking for a family of 5.
Package Shark Pro: :thumb: Works well opening plastic packaging. Would get 2 thumbs, but I never use the electric scissors it comes with and they should make it with a magnet on the back to store on your fridge - I can never find the darn thing when I need it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread