Asking for help from Canadians. New E-Cig User here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eFFeRR

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Hello everyone at the E-Cig Forum.

I would like to reach out to fellow Canadians, or Americans who are familiar with our laws in Canada. From my understanding, it's difficult to find good E-Cig stuff here. I am new to electronic cigarettes. I am a 15 year smoker and after my first case of "Smokers Cough" which lasted 2 months I am ready to quit. I couldn't take the constant coughing and inability to socialize with people due to having to cough everytime a word comes out my mouth. My smokers cough has been clearing up ever since I started using an E-Cigarette from a brand called "Premium E-Cigarettes". This was passed down to me from a former user of it who has quit smoking altogether after using it. He says good things about it. Below is the link to the exact product I am using.

E Cigarette Starter Kit PR110 - Economy Personal Kit

Along with the battery and charger, I have 5 refill cartridges with me. I plan to use these for the next week, but I would like a better alternative. These things don't produce enough vapor for me to be satisfied with them. Sure, I haven't smoked a cigarette in a week (since using it) but I know there is better out there.

I've seen reviews on the eGo CC, and it looks fantastic. Does anyone recommend a website that ships to Canada where I can get EVERYTHING I need to get started. I am still a noob at all of this and would very much appreciate any help from a novice or intermediate e-cig user.

Thank you guys!

RedNBlack

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
NE Georgia USA
Welcome to the ECF eFFeRR,
Do not know much about the laws in Canada,
Sure there are other members who can point you in the right direction for vendors that ship there.
After a few more posts, you should be able to check the sub-forum
Canada Forum
:2c:
The link for the PR110 appears to be a cig-a-like, and your next, best step may be an eGo style battery and carto/clearo. :vapor:

eFFeRR

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks guys.

I am in Toronto, Ontario.

I am mainly looking for hardware as I have a buddy who has tons of liquid and can help me with that. I guess I am open to opinions on hardware that can be shipped to Canada.

I prefer something small kind of like what I am using now. The PR110. I will be taking this out in public a lot and pulling out a massive e-cig is not really an option for me. That was kind of why I mentioned the eGo CC. It's long but doesn't look too thick.

Anything like it that people could recommend?. I could use my PR110 as a backup for when the battery needs charging on the Ego.. although having a second battery is probably a better idea.

I am willing to spend $150-$200 on hardware. I found a supplier about 10 minutes away from where I live.

Does anyone recommend the below unit? I like that the battery is replaceable.

http://www.happyvaper.com/Smoktech_ZMAX_V2_Kit_p/smok-zmax-kit.htm

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Here are the Canvape retail locations:
https://www.canvape.com/category-s/1890.htm
Canvape is the largest and least expensive Vendor in Canada. They are also ECF listed/ verified and have a very large and loyal following. For about $60 you could get 2 variable voltage Spinner batteries (fires from 3.3-48 volts), a charger and a Clearomizer. On my IPhone so it's really tough to post links but will post later today or tomorrow when I'm back on my Pc.
You could also buy 1 Spinner + 1 650 ego batt for less. They both use the same charger. If ordering from Canvape order online and pickup at stall= much cheaper.

Superchunk

Moved On
Sep 4, 2013
canada
Another vote for canvape.

If it was me (well, it is me, this is my setup) I would get a nice MVP 2.0 for home, it's a good all-around mod at a good price and comes with two clearos. $60.00 https://www.canvape.com/Innoking-MVP-VV-VW-2-0-p/mvpkit.htm
This is bigger, but would be your home/car setup.

Then one or maybe two nice small out and about setups - mini-ego 400mah. They are small and will still last a decent amount. If you have opportunities to charge (such as in your office, or car or whatever) you could use the MVP to charge your Ego up for the rest of the day. Or just take two small ego with you. Put an Evod on it (a small little clearomizer) and it will be a tiny and solid performer.

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/miniego.htm
https://www.canvape.com/product-p/evod.htm

Or a slightly larger 650mah batt with variable voltage (nice to have) https://www.canvape.com/Kangertech-EVOD-650mAh-Variable-Voltage-Battery-p/vv650ktbat.htm

eFFeRR

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks for the suggestions!

I don't mind spending the cash.. this will be my first purchase. I don't think I'll constantly be upgrading but you never know. I'd like to get something really good at first.

The ego mini looks about the right size but does it really produce enough vapor?..

The Kangertech 650mah battery looks real good though, I could be leaning towards buying two of those. I'll read some reviews on it. I wonder how it comes to an EGO-C Twist 650mah. Is there a big size difference?.

When it comes to tanks.. anything specific I should look at? I'd ideally want something that can fit the EGO-C Twist, or the Kangertech EVOD. It looks like they have the same threading. Any recommendations on good performers? I don't mind spending $10-15 on a tank replacement every so often as long as it performs.

Thanks!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Re the mini ego I own a similar PV and it's hits like mule. Fires at 3.7 volts. Kanger also fires at 3.7 volts. In regards to tanks/ Clearos there are 2 separate groups- top coil Clearos give a warmer vape while bottom oil Clearos give a oiler vape.
Top coil clearo=Vision Vivi Nova
Bottom coil clearo= ProTank II, Evod, Iclear.
Realize some acidic juices will degrade plastic tanks. ProTank II is glass so no issues. When buying a clearoake sure you get the right size as some are meant for larger Mods and look rediculous on an eGo style PV. "Most" eGo style batteries accept both 510 and eGo threaded accessories. I own both Twists and Spinners and prefer the Spinner.
Many of us use a smaller PV for out and about and a larger VV PV while at home.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Re the mini ego I own a similar PV and it's hits like mule. Fires at 3.7 volts. Kanger also fires at 3.7 volts. In regards to tanks/ Clearos there are 2 separate groups- top coil Clearos give a warmer vape while bottom oil Clearos give a oiler vape.
Top coil clearo=Vision Vivi Nova
Bottom coil clearo= ProTank II, Evod, Iclear.
Realize some acidic juices will degrade plastic tanks. ProTank II is glass so no issues. When buying a clearoake sure you get the right size as some are meant for larger Mods and look rediculous on an eGo style PV. "Most" eGo style batteries accept both 510 and eGo threaded accessories. I own both Twists and Spinners and prefer the Spinner.
Many of us use a smaller PV for out and about and a larger VV PV while at home.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

eFFeRR

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks for the info..

I really don't mind the size of the EGO-C 650mah. I would probably use it at home, in the car and in the office at work. It seems to perform very well according to reviews online and seems to be one of the more popular models.

I think I pretty much have my mind set on it, unless someone can convince me otherwise for a similiar but better model.

As for tanks, thats useful information to know. I figure I can get a $5 clearo/tank and just toss them out when I'm finished with it, or go with something a little more durable ProTank II and just replace the coils to save money.

Do you think I'd be making a mistake buying an eGo-C + Kangertech ProTank II combination? What else (besides the e-liq) do I need with this setup? (chargers aside)

Is it worth it to go with the twist for the variable voltage?.. I understand it's a little bit larger.

Jdasilva

Oct 11, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks guys.

I am in Toronto, Ontario.

I am mainly looking for hardware as I have a buddy who has tons of liquid and can help me with that. I guess I am open to opinions on hardware that can be shipped to Canada.

I prefer something small kind of like what I am using now. The PR110. I will be taking this out in public a lot and pulling out a massive e-cig is not really an option for me. That was kind of why I mentioned the eGo CC. It's long but doesn't look too thick.

Anything like it that people could recommend?. I could use my PR110 as a backup for when the battery needs charging on the Ego.. although having a second battery is probably a better idea.

I am willing to spend $150-$200 on hardware. I found a supplier about 10 minutes away from where I live.

Does anyone recommend the below unit? I like that the battery is replaceable.

Canadian E-cigarette, Smoktech ZMAX V2 - Variable Voltage/Wattage VV/VW

Just got my halo g6 starter kit on Thursday about a 2 week wait for shipping. I have to say the thing is awesome I have gone from 25 analogs a day to 0. For around 60 bucks I got 2 batteries an automatic and manual 5 pre-filled carts charger and a nice case. they also sent a free 10ml bottle of juice the package got here without an issues.

Superchunk

Moved On
Sep 4, 2013
canada
By and large the size of the batt won't matter much to how it hits, only how long it lasts. The quality may be a different story.

For toppers I would suggest trying a few. The Evod is really good for the price and is small, so good for more stealth. The protanks are great.

They all work a little different and aren't particularly expensive, so I would suggest getting at least two different ones to determine what you like and don't like.

For top-coil you have: Vivi Nova (and mini), Iclear 16 and Iclear 30 as favorites.
For bottom-coil you have: Protank (and mini and 2), Evod are some favorites.

The top coild and bottom coil are a bit different and you won't really know what you like better until you try both. I like the Protank Mini the best for tobacco juices, and the Vivi Nova or Iclear for sweeter juices. My favorite all around these days might just be the Evod as it sort of mixes the qualities of both - warmer vape like a top coil, good flavour and performance like a bottom coil.

As far as variable voltage goes, I think it is kinda important.

I would say get exactly that setup, but throw in a mini nova or something as well. Then, try it out for a bit and if you find yourself curious about expanding the experience, you can use that one as a backup battery and try something variable voltage, maybe go a little higher end.

My wife and I have 5 batteries and we use them all, every day (and I just ordered another). So it won't be wasteful to try that one out and use it as a backup later if you upgrade. You can't really go wrong with the Protank 2 - even if it's not your cup of tea, you are getting probably the best value piece out there so chances are...

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
As for tanks, thats useful information to know. I figure I can get a $5 clearo/tank and just toss them out when I'm finished with it, or go with something a little more durable ProTank II and just replace the coils to save money.
Some inexpensive Clearos are problematic so it's not just a matter of ecomics but about having a trouble free delivery device.

"Do you think I'd be making a mistake buying an eGo-C + Kangertech ProTank II combination? What else (besides the e-liq) do I need with this setup? (chargers aside)"
Most move up to a VV PV. make sure the eGo- C that you buy fires at 3.7 volts. Older models fire at 3.3.

"Is it worth it to go with the twist for the variable voltage?.. I understand it's a little bit larger."
You could buy the smaller Twist. I own both Twists and Spinners and prefer the Spinner cuz:
It's smaller
Has wider knurled voltage dial and easy to read voltage markings (twist voltage markings are almost invisible)
Spinner comes in 400, 650, 950 and 1300 mah.
Pretty all of us that own both Twist and Spinner prefer the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread