asking the proper way to use e cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

character

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
philippines
I have bought a e cigarette mini but what i notice i can only get one puff then after that no more vapor that comes out ... and because of that I feel cheated I really am a heavy smoker averaging 2 packs per day and having that experience I thought e cig is just a fad... but reading how you guys succeeded I believe I can also do it ( by the way it started smoking when i was 12 and now I am on 35) there are some guides here I read on what they have experience but some abbreviation is jargon to me lot of times I am using a 3g using tapatalk so I cannot see the abbreviation stated

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'm going to go ahead and guess that you have an automatic battery.

Automatic batteries can be a real challenge to get them to work right.
They are often the cause of people thinking their electronic cigarette is junk when it isn't.

So if you are having trouble getting it to work, or getting it to work consistently, don't give up.

Stand in front of a mirror and watch the little light as you inhale.
You will need to learn how hard to draw to get it lit, and how hard to draw to keep it lit long enough for a decent drag.

Also, some automatic cigarettes have a cutoff which limits the length of your draw.
If you wind up hitting that limit before you get a satisfying drag, you are going to become very frustrated.

All this can be avoided with a manual battery, which is MUCH easier to use than an automatic.
The little button takes about 30 minutes to become second nature.

Check out this poll for more information: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/polls/64101-manual-automatic-batteries.html?

ckgjt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Ga
I have bought a e cigarette mini but what i notice i can only get one puff then after that no more vapor that comes out ... and because of that I feel cheated I really am a heavy smoker averaging 2 packs per day and having that experience I thought e cig is just a fad... but reading how you guys succeeded I believe I can also do it ( by the way it started smoking when i was 12 and now I am on 35) there are some guides here I read on what they have experience but some abbreviation is jargon to me lot of times I am using a 3g using tapatalk so I cannot see the abbreviation stated

What type of e-cig are you using? You might need a model with more power. I was a 2 pack a day smoker and I started with a mini but am pretty satisfied with an Ego and an Ego-tank. I might one day like to try a mod but I'm having no problems with my equipment satisfying me. Lots of vapor and long battery life, in my opinion.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I agree with DC that a manual battery will provide much less frustration than an auto battery. I was also a heavy smoker and the mini PV you have just never could (or will) come close to duplicating the "inhaled feel" of a cigarette. For that you need warmer vapor and better throat hit which comes with bigger batteries and higher nicotine strength eliquid. I would suggest upping your nicotine strength to 24mg strength. I would also suggest looking at better battery models in the 5 volt level. At a minumum I would get a bigger battery 3.7 volt model such as the eGo or Riva 510: Ego from Joyetech.

But an even better option would be a good 5 volt model such as: GLV2 (5 volt version) Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Do you really have a mini (at least 110mm in length and probably 9mm or more in diameter)? Or a super-mini? Super-minis satisfy few people and after a few weeks most of them get something better.

If you are a heavy smoker consider skipping right to Riva 510 or Ego - super long battery life and the ability to use hotter harder hitting low resistance atomizers and cartomizers.

If you want something slimmer (which cannot use LR parts), look at Joye 510 w/ mega xl manual batteries (standard Joye 510 batteries would only last a heavy smoker 1-2 hours)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread