Aspire Atlantis leaking through airflow holes and in drip tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
It sounds like it's flooded badly or leaking around the coil. Check the oring on the coil and don't overtighten anything. What is the PG/VG ratio of the juice you're using? What opening is the airflow set at? If the eliquid is thin (Lot of PG) or the airflow is really tight (Tight draw, lots of vacuum) it might flood.

Have you tried changing the coil, that's fixed mine the few times it was flooding.

BigDvon91

Verified Member
Jan 27, 2015
UK, South Yorkshire
It sounds like it's flooded badly or leaking around the coil. Check the oring on the coil and don't overtighten anything. What is the PG/VG ratio of the juice you're using? What opening is the airflow set at? If the eliquid is thin (Lot of PG) or the airflow is really tight (Tight draw, lots of vacuum) it might flood.

Have you tried changing the coil, that's fixed mine the few times it was flooding.
+1 for this

Also...

It sounds really simple but it worked for me on my Kanger SubTank. I was having the same problem with the liquid coming from the airflow. i took it to the B&M and the guy pointed out the really obvious. The coil is just a tiny sponge, once its full its going to leak and take the path of least resistance (the airflow holes) all i started to do was take the tank off when i wanst going to be using it a while and i sit it upside down on a tissue. Then assemble when im ready to Vape :)

Just an idea :)

Hope you get sorted & Happy Vaping.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
You live in Vancouver. Any chance you're driving up and down mountains? The air pressure changes will force juice through the coils and cause leaking. You go up in altitude and the air pressure drops which is makes the air pressure inside the tank higher than outside. Tanks work by creating a vacuum effect inside the tank, and when the pressure inside the tank is higher than outside it's going to force liquid through the coils until the pressure is equalized.

The only way to prevent that is to take puffs on it every couple of minutes to equalize the pressure in the tank.

I've run into this a lot while driving through the mountains.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Simple test

Remove the base and separate the coil
Wipe both clean of e-liquid - wet wick is okay
Clear the Tip and tube with q-tip/etc.

Assemble and set upright on a paper towel for 1/2 hour

If it leaks it is not sealing
If it does not leak the problem may be thin e-liquid or simply you draw technique.

Thousands of people use Nautilus(similar) but my son has (2) and cannot use either without them flooding. His draw creates to much suction. Now all he uses are RDA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread