Aspire Atlantis owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who are wondering whether or not they should get the atlantis....big fat yes...it's basically a dripper in tank mode....I'm using max vg vaping rabbit and chain vaping at 40 watts and not one dry hit yet...no leaks no problems at all...how ever it does go through e juice quickly...the convenience of a dripper without the dripping...I see people walk around midtown with their drippers and constantly pulling out a big bottle of juice, you attention whores look ......ed...get you an atlantis

Reactions: Nikups
if people drip because proper atties don't do them I don't think this will satisfy them, it's more for those who want close to rebuildable levels without the rebuilding it might be good but can't believe it beats them.

I haven't had the chance to use one of the new Atlantis tanks yet, but it's on my list, I'm planning on ordering one when my next paycheck drops. I have seen however from the reviews on YouTube that is does kick out some serious performance. It may not quite hit the level of the RDA's but it looks like it's close. Easily one of the best performing tanks on the market anyway.

XBarbarian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
Largo, FL
interesting. I have just seen a post on this elsewhere, and a dripping friend actually claims they like it alot. def need to check it out. I have several rda's, rta's, etc. I do find during the day at work etc, I just need convenience more than anything else. I have a Erlkonigin which I enjoy very much, but I still often default to nautilus with bvc because they just work, and satisfy my need for vape / nic. the KF / R91 / ErlK's all rock.. but require more effort, and don't do well with my more favorite juices... max vg dripper juices. if this thing can support heavier juices nicely with a tank.. I'll be all about it!

XBarbarian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
Largo, FL
so.. I grabbed one.
Also grabbed a Sigelei 100w to go with it, that I can and am now running this Atlantis @ 40w, WITH - One of Tampa Bay area local juice favorite.. Cap'n Crunk by Boss Sauce. its a Max VG juice.. has ONLY ever been good in my RDA's... tried in Kayfun's, Erlkonigin etc RTA's.. too thick and not great in those tanks.

In this Atlantis.. vaping at 40w? As good or better experience, taste, clouds.. than my Magma!

Definitely STOKED!

Jiggity-J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
I used to build my own coils at around 0.8 - 0.9 ohms with the aerotank using the VTR and the Atlantis reminds me of that set-up but with much more airflow. I'm getting clouds, but not like a dripper or even an Orchid tank(not as dense). Seems like 35 watts is ideal for the Atlantis imo, without getting into the warm zone. I don't know what it is, but the quality of vape doesn't compare to a rebuildable device. Maybe it's the cotton? It's still a good vape, and the wicking has been perfect. You can just tell it is still a clearomizer.

(edit) OK now it's a lot better. I just loosened the tank up and centered the juice canals. Also switched the juice out. Before I was using Nerdz juice, which is high in VG, and switched to Cereal Killa, which is also high in VG. Not sure if that made a difference though, haha.

Last edited:

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I just got it. I have been barely satisfied with vaping nicotine. even at 30mg I chain vape a bvc. I set the aspire to 40 watts. took two puffs of 24 mg. had a head ache followed by the fire alarm! this thing is like 2x a kayfun imo. insane really. I went back to bvc. I am just afraid that hot even mouth to lung might seriously harm me/you. other than that, trust me you did not see clouds like this with a top rba. the flavor is like chef. too much really at 40 watts and I am concerned about safety. the battery bar on the dna40 went to zero and came back up a few seconds later. perhaps this is in fact dangerous but I am scared of it right now. I will just try like 25 watts should be good. I heard it will handle 80! that must be just nuts. so, yeah it's a game changer for sure but is it safe?

polarbare

Oct 10, 2014
Texas
I just got it. I have been barely satisfied with vaping nicotine. even at 30mg I chain vape a bvc. I set the aspire to 40 watts. took two puffs of 24 mg. had a head ache followed by the fire alarm! this thing is like 2x a kayfun imo. insane really. I went back to bvc. I am just afraid that hot even mouth to lung might seriously harm me/you. other than that, trust me you did not see clouds like this with a top rba. the flavor is like chef. too much really at 40 watts and I am concerned about safety. the battery bar on the dna40 went to zero and came back up a few seconds later. perhaps this is in fact dangerous but I am scared of it right now. I will just try like 25 watts should be good. I heard it will handle 80! that must be just nuts. so, yeah it's a game changer for sure but is it safe?

Well, a combination of backing off the watts and lowering the nic level might help :D Heck I'm using it at 15 watts on an SVD 2.0 with pretty good results. If I want to chase clouds, I'll have to bump up the wattage, but I'll be doing that on my DNA40. I also lowered my nic level to 4 (usually running 8 to 10 out of my rebuilt nautilus coils).

ETA - much bigger clouds at 35 watts :D

Last edited:

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
Just went to try the Atlantis at my go to vape shop.
This is the first time I walked out without buying something. I really liked the vapor production and the flavor was very good. Although I wasn't tasting my own juice so I was unable to compare . The coil in this thing is a monster. It looks like 28 gauge. I love the airflow controls.
What I didn't like was the construction of the chimney. Looked chinsey in my opinion. Also the 5 pack of coils are not available yet.
What made me back off and not buy was it made me think that Aspire may very well upgrade the airflow of the nautilus and make a V2. If that's the case I may just enjoy that just as much.
Being that only use my Provari's ,not sure I want to go back to mechanical mods.
It's leaning toward dripping so why not just drip.
Just thoughts on a lazy grey day in South Fl.
Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Sent from my iPhone

Slips

Nov 7, 2014
Bay Area
I am a dripper 90% of the time. Mechs, boxes, REO's, even the Dna 40 are where my time tinkering, building, modding, etc. Then along comes this Atlantis. Fisrt time I tried it was on a friends Zero at 33w, blown away (like a prebuilt kayfun), i now own 2, they sit on box mods at 20w-30w depending on juice. Won't take the place of dripping, but def has a place in my line up for a while. (Was gonna write this long ... review but ehhh, look this is a great clearo, just get to a vape shop and ask the owner to try his because they are all going to be using this thing, it really does stand alone in the prebuilt world).

Reactions: Stan81

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I'm 7 weeks vaping so a newbie. I spent most of that time using an N mini. Last Wednesday I picked up an Atlantis and a box mod and I've pretty much lost interest in the mini. The flavor from the Atlantis is better. It also seems to produce more vapor than the mini even at the same watts. There must be some physics that says that isn't possible but it sure seems that way.

The new box mod, ipv 2s, goes to 60watts. I can report that's the setting to use if you want to spoil a N mini coil. The only reason I can find to run the Atlantis past about 20 watts is to annoy people but may be that's just because I'm a beginner.

Jiggity-J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
I'm 7 weeks vaping so a newbie. I spent most of that time using an N mini. Last Wednesday I picked up an Atlantis and a box mod and I've pretty much lost interest in the mini. The flavor from the Atlantis is better. It also seems to produce more vapor than the mini even at the same watts. There must be some physics that says that isn't possible but it sure seems that way.

The new box mod, ipv 2s, goes to 60watts. I can report that's the setting to use if you want to spoil a N mini coil. The only reason I can find to run the Atlantis past about 20 watts is to annoy people but may be that's just because I'm a beginner.

Congrats on the IPV2S and Atlantis. I have the Atlantis on the IPV2S also and using it at 35watts with airflow fully opened. I can now say that the Atlantis is great tank. Only genesis-style tanks perform similar, without the mess genesis tanks can cause. Still holding out on a Kayfun-style tank to match the airflow.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I also find I prefer the air flow full open. When I started vaping the dealer wanted to sell me the box mod but I was too self consious to carry such a large device. I'm over that now. I'm sure the Atlantis is just the first of more and better. I want to restrain my spending on hardware so I can participate in the rise.

After 6 weeks of 4 cigs a day I let them run out a week ago and haven't had one since. It's been an amazing ride. Now I have to persuade a brother who smokes to start vaping. When we get together at Christmas I'm going to smoke just one of his and not another to make the point that it's about control, not quitting. Who doesn't want control? At least that's the pitch I'm going to make.

joe dirt

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2011
portland oregon
Just went to try the Atlantis at my go to vape shop.
This is the first time I walked out without buying something. I really liked the vapor production and the flavor was very good. Although I wasn't tasting my own juice so I was unable to compare . The coil in this thing is a monster. It looks like 28 gauge. I love the airflow controls.
What I didn't like was the construction of the chimney. Looked chinsey in my opinion. Also the 5 pack of coils are not available yet.
What made me back off and not buy was it made me think that Aspire may very well upgrade the airflow of the nautilus and make a V2. If that's the case I may just enjoy that just as much.
Being that only use my Provari's ,not sure I want to go back to mechanical mods.
It's leaning toward dripping so why not just drip.
Just thoughts on a lazy grey day in South Fl.
Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Sent from my iPhone

more like 24 guage

XBarbarian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
Largo, FL
ran out of atlantis coils. went back to nautilus. can't believe I ever thought that was good. atlantis is way closer to rda.

Im still on the original coil.. trying my best to hold out before using that last one ( the extra one that comes with it ) hoping they have coils available soon!

still using it with max vg juice, at 35-40 watts.

I havent searched yet, but I imagine these big coils would be more inclined to rebuilding them.. need to look..

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
If anyone is interested in seeing what the inside of the new sub-ohm bvc coil looks like, I did a review on the Atlantis and also tore apart the coil. It seems to have the same wicking material as the mini along with another type of material.

I was going to try and rebuild one of the coils but honestly, It looks very time consuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread