Aspire Atlantis ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Okay I have another question . What would be the best tank for flavor and the biggest. My fiancé is having trouble with all his tanks and could burning up and his tanks aren't big enough . Is there an Rdta that holds 7ml ?
Boreas, the Aromamizer Supreme. These 2 are best of their class. Must learn to coil & wick.
So which is better? Whichever one is in my hand..

Reactions: Brittany497

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Go to website to be absolutely sure. I only 1/2 fill both.
I'm so penurios with juice. And the occasional error!
Sorry, i have no use for tank systems. Expensive, spotty Q/C & poor performance compared to other options.
I've been making coils over 5 yrs. It's a bit intimidating for the first week or so. Pays a handsome dividend..

Reactions: Brittany497

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
there is no "best" tank, everyone has a favourite... it depends on the type you're looking at.. single coil, dual coil, how much airflow, etc.

I must have close to a dozen tanks, RTAs RDAs, and tested a few dozen more, and that's the main difference, airflow being the biggest... the mechanics for all of tanks or drippers are the exact same, the difference in "flavour" is more about the coil, airflow and your setup (built and wicking).

Most "large tanks" are usually 5ml... unless you go with the huge weird looking oval type tanks, like this: Huge Capacity 10ml Vape Tank 4.0 for Vapor Wholesale 2015 New Generation Sub Ohm Tank Xtank 4.0 E Cig Vaporizer Big Tank 10ml Tank Xtank 4.0 Atomizer Online with 25.0/Piece on Melody2772's Store | DHgate.com

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Okay I have another question . What would be the best tank for flavor and the biggest. My fiancé is having trouble with all his tanks and could burning up and his tanks aren't big enough . Is there an Rdta that holds 7ml ?
What kind of trouble is he having? (and with what tanks?)

Brittany497

Aug 15, 2016
there is no "best" tank, everyone has a favourite... it depends on the type you're looking at.. single coil, dual coil, how much airflow, etc.

I must have close to a dozen tanks, RTAs RDAs, and tested a few dozen more, and that's the main difference, airflow being the biggest... the mechanics for all of tanks or drippers are the exact same, the difference in "flavour" is more about the coil, airflow and your setup (built and wicking).

Most "large tanks" are usually 5ml... unless you go with the huge weird looking oval type tanks, like this: Huge Capacity 10ml Vape Tank 4.0 for Vapor Wholesale 2015 New Generation Sub Ohm Tank Xtank 4.0 E Cig Vaporizer Big Tank 10ml Tank Xtank 4.0 Atomizer Online with 25.0/Piece on Melody2772's Store | DHgate.com
I saw the xtank but noticed it is plastic and read that certain juices will crack it .

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
He runs his tank dry without noticing at work . So he needs a bigger tank . And even without running his tank dry he goes through coils like every other day

Well the Kanger tanks are getting to be regarded as sub-par tanks more and more.. I had an Aerotank V2 for a while, loved it, but moved on to better ones.

As for as running his tanks dry without noticing... he needs to really consider going with Temperature control (TC), which prevents dry hits/burns.

I believe that there is a RTA for that Kanger tank, so he might want to consider looking into that, get some proper TC metal wire and make some coils (and cotton/wick).

And he can easily bring a bottle with him... but again, he might consider getting a top fill type tank... as I'd assume that refilling his tank is part of the problem.

Getting something like the Eleaf Melo 2 (or Lemo 2), or most OBS tanks that have sliding fill doors, makes them the easiest tanks to refill, heck, you can refill them while walking.

There's also the Freemax Scylla tank that's a top pop fill, very easy and nice, and you can get it with the RTA too. (and it still takes the "standard" coils cartridges that you can cross-share with about 20-some tanks.)

And going through coils every other day.. if he burns them.. yes, that's kill a coil. Also, lots and lots of liquids from stores have so much sweeteners that they are known coil-killers... they gum up the wick and coil very quickly, especially if he overheats it.. again, TC would help a LOT.

For example, I now do my own liquids, almost only use TC, and regardless of coils on RTAs, Drippers or Cartridges, they last for weeks, even over a month each.

Brittany497

Aug 15, 2016
How does temperature control prevent dry hits ? We've never done temperature control because we don't know anything about it . Yes a top fill tank would definitely help . The juices he uses are strawberry lemonade and some other fruity tangy flavors . And he may be overheating it I'm not sure . He seems to like his wattage higher . See my coils do last a good while. He will say he can't taste much flavor or it tastes bad and change the coil . Part of our problem was our juice which we have switched now.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Like Continuity said....

Temp. control is done by measurements of the coil's resistance...

So you set the type of metal of the coil (NI, TI or SS), set the wattage accordingly (this sets how fast the coil heats up), and then you set the temperature.

The mod as a system that measure the resistance (ohm) of the coil when you put it in, and as it heats up, these metals' resistance changes, telling the system the temperature of the coil. Once it hits the set maximum, it stops and pulses the power to maintain this temperature.

This does a few good things:
1) if the coil gets too hot too fast, it pulses or stops the power, preventing the burning of the wick and such
2) it regulates the power, so it will extent battery life
3) once you know what settings you prefer, your vape will be stable, never go hotter as you pull.

ECF1114

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2016
I have the cuboid mini by joyetech and was wondering if the aspire Atlantis tank would fit on it ? And peoples opinions on the tank .
As others have said, you cant go wrong with an Atlantis tank. Im not sure if you are talking about the V1 or V2, but V2 is much better in my opinion. Wider bore and and a top AFC make a difference. I also have a couple of Cleito tanks and I really like those especially for higher wattages, and you can even get an RBA kit for them if you like. I guess the only one Im not thrilled with is the Nautilus X, maybe for MTL, but I just didnt like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread