Aspire BDC disappointing so far...doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ1

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Florida
I'm comparing the BDC Aspire CE5 and ET-S to the Kanger BCC EVOD and T3S. The Aspire CE5 (all 3 I have) and the Aspire ET-S have a very noticeable harder drag to them compared to Kanger ones. That would be personal preference I suppose, but I think the harder drag is contributing to a buildup of juice in the airflow hole. More on that later.

My experience with the Aspire CE5: I made sure the coil was screwed on tight to the base, made sure the entire airflow hole was clean and put one of my favorite juices in. The device seems to gurgle somewhat consistently and after 4-5 puffs I could taste the "buildup" of vaporized juice in my mouth upon inhale (at least I'm hoping it's vaporized, although I'm not sure cause I have to suck so dang hard to get a drag). Sure enough I unscrewed the base and saw a decent amount of buildup in the airflow hole. I clean it out, make sure the coil is screwed on tight, reassemble, and take another few puffs with the same result. Consistent slight gurgling, hard drag, and quick buildup of juice in airflow hole. As much as these cost I'm very disappointed so far. Any ideas on what I could possibly be doing wrong? Is the Aspire known for the harder drag? Any help is greatly appreciated as I'm about to turn back to the Kanger EVOD and T3S BCC. Thanks!

Last edited:

AJ1

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Florida
How does not putting them on tight effect the vaping experience? My juice is a popular mix somewhere along 70/30 pg/vg can't imagine that being the issue. My battery is an adjustable voltage 3.2-4.8. Tried them all and have issues no matter what voltage I use. Do all of yours have a harder pull than other popular BCCs such as those by Kanger? Thanks!

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
I have 2 of Kanger T3, 2 of the Aspire T3 and 3 of the CE5. I've not found much of a harder draw and gurgling only when first filled and completely filled. I've had none of them leak or gotten any juice in my mouth with them. Now I did have it happen on my Nautilus with one head and on close examination the bottom rubber seal was broken. Replaced it with another and problem was gone. I'm now waiting for the Kanger the new base to convert my old T3 to the new T3s which should be here Monday as well as a package of the new heads.

8dragon9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
North Charleston, SC
Personally I do.notice the harder draw however its usually backed up by the throat hit and.reasonable.vapor production. I use an aspire as a backup to my pt3 and typically have to.adjust my wattd up to 9.5 and.my volts to 4.0. Take.out.your coil, tap both sides on a paper towel, reinstall without priming, than tap the tank.coil down, should clear your gurgles

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

BuffaloSoulja

Jan 28, 2013
Buffalo,NY
The guys at my local B&M really hyped up the aspire BDC,So I caved in and bought one. I gave it a fair chance and used only the aspire BDC for about 2 cweeks.I wasn't really impressed with mine... I mean its okay but not all that great. I really dont like the fact that you have to tilt towards the end of tank on a BCC..all my heads had problems vaping juice from Fuzion Vapor,didnt try any juice from anywhere else. BUT anywho alot of my heads also had the leaking/gurgling after a few hits. Idk just my 2 cents..bored and rambling lol.

AJ1

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Florida
Thanks for the feedback.

Here's what I figured out, these BDCs can rock flavor and vapor wise if you use them correctly but here's what I had to do:

1. Make sure first fill is at least 2/3
2. Make sure coil is screwed tight to base (one came loose)
3. Every time you take a draw after letting it sit for a while, or after first filling it, you have to moving the liquid around by tilting e cig upside down and right side up. Then during first draw, make sure it's at least parallel to floor, otherwise you can get that nasty burnt taste.

Seems to have fixed my issues. Hope this helps others! No gurgling and great flavor/vapor and all around great vaping experience.

Problems with no workaround (that I've figured out so far):
Drains battery faster than BCCs
Have to remember to move liquid around before first draw
Can't fill up all the way because of bottom fill

Other than that, great experience since first bad impression. I'm using the 2.1 ohms coils for more flexibility with my variable voltage e cig.

eazye99

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
North Carolina, United States
For those having problem's. I have had to so far. The first was a plastic one. The Aspire T3 510. It ended up breaking. It leaked between where the plastic and metal meet. Get a glass one they are great. Check out the rebuild video on YouTube. Take the top part off the head. The piece that has the white wicking material under it. U could probably just make sure the holes are lined up with the long channels. I use tweezers to pull the wicks. I then wet and thread peaches and creme yarn through the coils. U have to twist it very small to start it. Then use tweezers to pull it through just a Little bit. Grab the yarn twist it tight so its small then pull it through to a clean section. Cut the yarn to it over hangs a Lil more than the silica wicks. Do the same for the other coil. Then put it all back together. I get an even better vape like this than plane stock. I did rebuild my first coil. It worked great till the tank broke. I'm done with plastic. All glass from now on. Hope this helps some one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread