Aspire BDC Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
Here is what I have learned after having the Aspire BDCs for a while. They are my favorite topper. Most of mine are the S, glass versions. I plan on blogging this. Feel free to add your own tips.

Aspire BDC Tips
When topping off a partial fill, check the coil for tightness. Unscrewing the base can loosen the coil as it tends to stick to the tube.
Condensation builds in the tube from the coil to the tip. It drains down into the coil. It is thinner than e-liquid and will leak out the bottom of the coil pin. If you get gurgle, try blowing this out into a towel.
Don't dry burn. YMMV. Once they are gunked, replace or rebuild.
To clean a coil, rinse, blow through the top end, soak in water or vodka, blow out and air dry.
After cleaning and drying, prime the coil with 3-4 drops of liquid in the top hole.
Any time you have the coil out of the cap, pull the bottom pin out a bit so that it self adjusts when you put it on your battery.
ViVi Nova and mini Nova style, when topping off a partial fill, pull the drip tip and clean inside the cap with a q-tip. Blow through the tip.
Use a ring with 510 connector types for support and air control. Screw the ring down the ego thread, screw the tank until it makes contact, unscrew the ring until it takes the wobble out of the tank. Watch PBusardo's video on air control.
Once the liquid level drops to one third the taste changes and other bad things start happening. Refill or switch toppers.
Altitude changes can cause the air inside to expand, forcing the liquid out the bottom. The less air the better so start out full if going from low to high.
The tanks are the same with the ET-S and mini Nova S. Probably the plastic tanks too.
When assembling, keep the word Aspire on the coil end. That may remind you which end to refill from.
Watch Rip Tripper's videos on youtube for rebuilding Aspire BDC and Nautilus.
I have rebuilt with a single coil and removed the filler material with success. YMMV.
I keep an old dead ego battery for holding the base and coil while removing the cap with pliers. You will most likey nick the base with the pliers.
Getting the cap back on is a pain. I chopped an insulator off with the pin trying to press down on the pin with the cap down on a solid surface.
Put the coil in an ego style base, place the cap on a well as possible. Place the cap side down on a solid steady surface and press on the base with a solid item until the cap snaps on.
An alternative would be to place this in a vice with smooth jaws.

Last edited:

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
In the bigger capacity tanks like the ET and Vivi Nova plan on filling when juice level gets down to about 1/3. Once you hit that point it will start to gurgle. When the gurgling starts top off your tank, clean the excess juice out of the base and blow lightly through the top of the head.

Also this applies to the Nautilus which uses the same style coil. If you start to get a little gurgling when taking a puff give a quick blow into the tank through the drip tip. Like a reverse puff. Clears the gurgling right up.

Tap'd from my LG G2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread