Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Aspire BP80

Details:
    The Aspire BP80 has been completely updated in Design and partly exploits the features of the previous Aspire BP60 kit, inheriting the excellent performance of the intelligent ASP system.

Thanks to its adjustable AFC it can allow different styles of vaping, from the open one in the cloud to the more narrow one. The BP80 kit has a 4.6ml capacity and has bottom filling. Adopt Aspire's innovative BP coil technology. The package includes a 0.17Ω Ka1 Mesh Coil and a 0.6Ω Ka1 classic coil. The BP80 kit is also compatible with all BP60 coils.

The new Mod is powered by a built-in 2500mAh good-lasting battery with 2A Type-C fast charging.
    The BP80 uses a renewed smart chipset to support automatic and manual modes, it also supports a user interface that shows all the parameters useful for vaping including the Puff counter.

The automatic mode has some functions to make vaping easier: it automatically detects the connected coil, uses the smart power suggestion, stores the power and so on.
    Also with the manual mode you can enjoy a more flexible adjustment. For the screen there are 5 color options including brightness adjustment.

1.jpg

Enjoy the reading.

The package with which the BP80 arrives presents on the front the image of the device and the writing "BP80 Innovate The Way You Vape".

On the back there are: the content, the warnings, the address of Shenzhen Eigate Technology Co, Ltd. and some social icons where the brand promotes its products.

Laterally we find: Color indications, batch number, barcode, Aspire hologram, Scratch & Check, logos and brands.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Package Includes:
    1 * BP80 Device (2500mAh)
    1 * BP80 Pod (4.6ml)
    1 * Mesh Coil BP Ka1 0.17Ω range 45-55W
    1 * Coil BP Ka1 0.60Ω range 15-25W
    1 * Type-C Cable
    1 * User Manual

4.jpg

Characteristics and technical data:
    Dimensions: 118x33x26mm
    Weight: 152gr
    Material: zinc alloy and microfiber leather
    Built-in battery capacity: 2500mAh
    Chip: ASP chipset
    It supports switching from automatic mode to manual mode
    Intelligent Power Memory function
    Display brightness adjustment
    Output power: 1-80W
    Screen: 0.96 inch color screen
    Charging Port: Type C 2A
    Pod capacity: 4.6ml
    Fill Type: Bottom Fill System
    Pod material: food grade nylon
    Compatible with all BP60 coils including RBA (optional)

Available colours:
    Reddish Brown, Charcoal Black, Granite Gray, Navy Blue, Urban Camo, Retro Brown.

5.jpg

6.jpg

First impressions:
    I received the Urban Camo coloring, aesthetically I find the BP80 slender and well made, starting from the manageable size, from the tactile feedback through the textures of the body to the leather grip with hot stamped Aspire lettering, up to the quality stitching , i do not found any questionable aspects. So I feel like saying this is one of the most beautiful and well-built devices that I have been lucky enough to test lately.

7.jpg

The body is made of zinc alloy, the front houses a colored display, the fire button has a rectangular shape slightly in relief, the USB type C charging port is positioned under it.

The back of the mod highlights the leather grip that is shaped to fit the palm of the hand.

8.jpg

The leather insert continues on the side panels, the Up / Down adjustment buttons are positioned on the lower part of the external perimeter in zinc alloy.

The side view highlights (above) the slots of the AFC adjustment system, this is fully adjustable unlike 99% of this kind of devices, which is more unique than rare, this is really appreciable, good Aspire!

9.jpg

The housing compartment for the pod / tank is made of steel, AFC is an integral part of it. At the bottom of the compartment are the three floating and gold-plated contact pins. Above these is the ring that will guarantee the magnetic connection with the BP Tank, this ring is fixed to the compartment by means of two French screws and can be disassembled for any in-depth cleaning.

The bottom of the Mod bears the C E mark, the disposal logo and three vent holes for the integrated battery.

10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The Pod / Tank has a capacity of 4.6ml and is built in food grade nylon and polycarbonate, it offers excellent visibility but unfortunately the Drip Tip is integral with the structure (not replaceable).

The underlying part is the one used for the refill, through a liftable rubber tab you can access the filling door, sufficiently wide.
    The coils are inserted easily with the Push and Pull method.
    There are three generously shaped magnets that allow a tenacious attachment to the Device.

11.jpg

BP Coil:

In the package there are two types of BP coils, one for DTL use and one for a more restricted type of vape placed between MTL and DL.

- Coil BP 0.60Ω range 15-25W:
    The ASP chipset with AUTO selection sets this coil to 22W by default, the performance is good as long as you keep the AFC not too closed, closing it too much the pull becomes restricted, but the coil tends to supercharge, at 20w with AFC adjusted to about 50% I found the right compromise, consumption is relatively low.

- Mesh Coil BP 0.17Ω range 45-55W:
    The ASP chipset with AUTO selection sets this coil to 50W by default, the 0.17Ω I find it very satisfying, the shot is always fluid, never too hot, the aromatic perception is high, the amount of vapor is considerable. At 45 (minimum) you already get a lot of satisfaction, raising to 50 / 55W naturally the performance increases together with the heat, never too intrusive.

I'm curious to check the performance with a BP coil dedicated exclusively to the MTL.

12.jpg

RBA (optional):

I am really happy that Aspire sent me the RBA (optional) so I had the opportunity to test it and give my impressions.
    Package Includes.
    1 * RBA BP60 Base
    1 * 510 Adapter
    3 * Spare O-rings
    2 * Spare Screws
    1 * Multifunction Screwdriver
    1 * User Manual

13.jpg

14.jpg

I did the regeneration using 28ga Ka1, 5 turns on a 2.5 tip for a final resistance of 1.1Ω, this type of resistor I did it on purpose to check the MTL yield.

Taking care to close the Air-Flow slots sufficiently I managed to get a good MTL vape experience, the only limit is represented by the Tip which is a little too wide for the MTL vape, however the power supply is constant and the final result is generally appreciable.

15.jpg

BP80 Exploded view:

16.jpg

The 0.96 "OLED screen is bright but the small size of some fonts put a strain on my tired eyes.
    On the screen you can view; battery charge graph with residual percentage, lock / unlock padlock, current mode, Best (auto), power, Volt, Ohm, Amper, number of total puffs and vaping seconds.

Parameter setting:

Five clicks on the Fire button will turn the Mod on / off.
    Three clicks on the Fire button locks / unlocks the wattage.
    Pressing the Down / fire buttons simultaneously resets the number of puffs.

Step 1 Menu Navigation: Press the "+" and "=" buttons simultaneously for
    enter the main menu interface, the screen will display "AUTO",
    "MANUAL" "COLOR", "BRIGHTNESS" "and" EXIT ";

Step 2: Press the "+" / "-" button to choose the desired parameter
    to set, then press the Fire button to enter / confirm;

* If you choose "AUTO", the device will automatically detect the
    coil resistance showing the optimal power range,
    the output power cannot be adjusted to a value greater than the maximum value
    of power that the coil can support.

* By choosing "MANUAL", the adjustable wattage range is 1-80W.

* Entering the “COLOR” set, press the “+ '/" - "“ button to select
    the screen color between blue, green, orange, red and purple,
    then press the fire button to confirm and exit.

* Entering the "BRIGHTNESS" set, press the "+" / "-" button to
    adjust the screen brightness, then press the fire button for
    confirm and exit.

17.jpg

2500mAh Battery:

For a full charge cycle it takes about 80 minutes, while recharging it is possible to vape, also the time required for recharging is shown.
    With the 0.17Ω Coil I managed to do 230 puffs at 45W
    With the 0.6Ω Coil I managed to do 668 puffs at 15W

Safety protections:
    - Cut Off 10s: Exceeding this limit with an extended shot the screen shows "10S OVER TIME"
    - Open circuit protection: The screen shows "CHECK ATOMIZER"
    - Short circuit protection: The screen shows "ATOMIZER SHORT"
    - Low voltage protection: The screen shows "LOW BATTERY"
    - Overload protection: The device stops charging
    - Protection too hot: The screen shows "TOO HOT"

18.jpg

Comparisons:
    Given the similarity, it is a must to make a brief comparison with the direct competitor VooPoo Drag-S which is (according to many) one of the best pod devices on the market.

19.jpg

I state that they are two very valid devices (in my opinion) both have 2,500mAh, The BP reaches 80W the S only at 60W this in terms of performance and in view of future DTL coils certainly rewards the BP80.

I liked the 0.17Ω BP coil very much, certainly one of the best coils of this kind, in terms of air regulation, optional Rba and tank is a substantial draw (both with fixed drip tip).

Aesthetically, I find the BP80 slightly more slender and lean, in terms of materials and finishes it is a substantial draw.

The Display of the S offers larger fonts and a better reading, both chipsets push well, that of the S (Gene-chip) is more prestigious, however I find the BP better in offering the possibility of being able to lock the Up / Down keys (S absent), in the greater choice of background colors and in the fact that during recharging the BP offers the display of the remaining time.

Some consider the clock present in the S to be an obstacle (BP absent), the automatic shooting is present in the S (BP absent).

Overall I believe that Aspire has managed to catch up with the competitor and in some situations even improve it.
    For me the Aspire BP80 is highly recommended.

Thanks to Aspire for submitting this product for review.

Aspire BP80 - Aspire® Official Site

20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread