Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Hi Guys

Well its been a while since i have reviewed anything since being ill for sometime with cancer but feeling much better now and today we are going to take a look at the Aspire BP 80.

It's a pod mod which is very comfortable to hold. It has a magnetic pod which just pulls off and this is where you'll find the fill port and the push fit coils which are very easy to change and produce a very good flavoursome vape. Out of the box it comes with the pod, and instruction manual and two push fit coils, one 0.6 ohms and one 0.17 ohms. They both can be vaped mouth to lung or direct to lung with adjustment of the airflow ring which is integral to the pod. Right lets kick of with a few pictures.

20201103_104701(2).jpg

As you can see in the middle of the photo is the RBA accessory which can be used with your own coils and cotton and although small is relatively easy to fit. I'm no spring chicken so I have to wear my glasses and I also have my magnifying headset which works great for any small intricate task. Having said that it is relatively easy to fit and I wouldn't let it put you off. Coil changing is push-fit and is really easy to accomplish and the design of the mod makes it really comfortable to hold and would be great as a take out stealthy vape device.

Creative And Smart Chipset System
Aspire has created an all new smart chipset system, supporting seamless switches between Auto mode and Manual mode, and an easy-to-read UI with detailed parameters and puff counter.

Auto Mode, Vaping Made Easy
Automatically detects the attached coil
Consistently optimum power supply
Smart wattage suggestion
Maximum wattage protection
Intelligent power memory

20201103_104938.jpg

Manual Mode, Widely Adjustable
Adjustments from 1-80W
Perfectly suited for your RBA settings
Flexible adjustment

2.png

Personally i just use it on auto mode as the chip is very good at finding the right range of wattage and using this it's very unlikely that you will burn your coil out. I tend to use the lower end of the range in DL mode and I find that it gives me a cooler softer vape which is less hard on the lungs but if you like a hard hitting vape then by all means wack the wattage up to the top of the range. Of course using the 0.17 ohm coil you can get to a higher wattage and a warmer vape.

20201103_105137.jpg

20201103_105151.jpg

Here are the set up instructions and safety settings along with the optional screen colours....

Parameters Setting: Step 1: Press "+" button and "-" button simultaneously to enter the main menu interface, the screen will display "AUTO" "MANUAL" "COLOR" "BRIGHTNESS"and "EXIT": Step 2: Press "+""_" button to choose the parameter you want to set, and then press the fire button to enter/ confirm; On choosing "AUTO" the device will automatically detect the coil resistance and show the optimal wattage range, and the output wattage can't be adjusted higher than the maximum wattage that the coil can support. On choosing "MANUAL" the adjustable wattage range is 1-80W. On entering the "COLOR" set, press "+" "-"button to select the screen color between blue, green, orange, red and purple, then press the fire button to confirm and exit. On entering the "BRIGHTNESS" set, press "+"/ "-"button to adjust the screen's brightness, then press the fire button to confirm and exit.

Safety Features:
Vaping Over-Time
Protection (10s)
The screen will display
"10S OVER TIME"
The screen will display
Open "CHECK ATOMIZER" Circuit Protection
The screen will display
"ATOMIZER SHORT" Short Circuit Protection
The screen will display
"LOW BATTERY" Low Voltage Protection
Overcharge Protection The device will stop charging
The screen will
Over Heat Protection display "TOO HOT"

Screen color options
ui-1.png

ui-2.png

ui-3.png

ui-4.png

ui-5.png

ui-6.png

The above screen colour options are nice to have but I found the green option on full brightness the best option for me and i could read the details well even without my glasses. Of course the younger members will find that this is not a problem for them. It's nice to have those options though as not all chips come with colour screens.

20201103_154459 (2).jpg

The above is a picture of the mod with the pod off and upside down showing the magnets and I dont know if you can see on the bottom left at around seven o'clock is the fill port which takes the form of a rubber bung which is completely leak proof. I have had absolutely no problems with leaking in the three week testing period and no condensation either which is really good to see and shows what a well designed device it is.

The Pod comes in a range of colours which I have highlighted below.....

The BP80 is available in 6 stylish leather colors: Charcoal Black, Navy Blue, Urban Camo, Reddish Brown, Retro Brown, Granite Grey

• 6-1.png

Retro Brown

• color1.png
    color2.png
    color3.png
    color4.png
    color5.png
    color6.png
In my opinion the colours are nice and subdued and make for a very good stealth vape when your out as I previously mentioned above and well I just like them.

So in conclusion I really like this vape device. The flavour is fantastic, it feels great in the hand and can be practically hidden by it, the coils are easy to change, the RBA works really well, the magnets on the pod are just right (it never comes off but is easy to take off when you need to) and the overall appearance is great. The placement of the fire button is just right too.

So would I recommend this device? It has to be a big yes definitely. I really like it and have been using it daily because its so flavoursome and a delight to use.

I hope that this review is helpful to you guys and we'll see you on the next one. See you soon.

Attachments

• 20201103_154459.jpg
    20201103_154459.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Great review Charlie....Thanks.
It's top my list once I can source it locally. It has to come with the RBA and that's not available here yet...but vaping taught me patience :D
I have the Nautilus Prime and the RBA is beautiful. It's a wee bit bigger (than the other AIOs out there), making it more flavorful. I suspect the BP 80 will have the same size RBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread