Aspire CF Sub Ohm Battery questions from a newb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metimbo

Jan 5, 2015
Memphis, TN
Hello everyone,
I have just got in my Atlantis and Sub Ohm battery and I love them! I have been doing a ton of reading and researching and I think I am ready to get into RDAs. I am thinking about a Tug Boat or Magma clone. The reason I want to get into RDA's is that I like to switch flavors a lot and the Atlantis tank is more for longer vaping one flavor at a time.

I know the CF Sub Ohm battery is rated for .3-1 ohm builds. With that said, there should be no danger in building over 1 ohm with this battery if I understand things correct? I am thinking I will try to do single coils around .5-.8ish or so. I plan on ordering my ohm meter before I do anything and I know the dangers of going sub ohm on batteries that are not made for it. I just want to do things safe.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

~Metimbo

Metimbo

Jan 5, 2015
Memphis, TN
Thanks for the responses. I have a Mephisto on order right now to use with my Sub Ohm Battery. I just wanted to make sure if I built over 1 ohm there would be no danger in doing so even though the battery says it's for .5-1 ohm.

So, no danger, but the wattage will probably be too low and I will not get a good vape. Gotcha, thank you )
~Metimbo

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
i have used a kanger subtank nano with a stock 1.2 ohm coil and it is fine. At that resistance the CF sub ohm will give you very roughly between 10-15w depending on its charge state. Vape is ok with a fresh charge but goes off pretty quickly in my opinion. Its not a terrible thing to do though. I certainly wouldn't bother with anything higher in resistance than that...have fun!

Arnold Ziffle

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
San Quentin
I also have a sub ohm. bought it after having the Atlantis for awhile. having a few variable devices it's sweet spot voltage coincided with most of my tanks. besides the Atlantis it works well with the kayfuns @ 1.2-1.4, and the sub tank with either the .5 or the 1.2 coil. it's light and lasts a long time and doesn't look too shabby either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread