Aspire ET-S

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgavilondo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Is there any way at all to clean or dry burn the dual coil heads in these things? This may be more of a chore than just replacing. Just putting Loving the flavor, vape and draw so far.. But my last tank totally bombed out on me with the nastiest burnt flavor ever after a week solid of amazing flavor ... Saw a vid of the guy taking this baby apart and trust.. It's complicated and I'm a newbie so dry burning anything is still a major job.. Wondering if I just soak everything in vodka, alcohol will work for now as the heads are barely visible upon disassembling? Wow this new "hobby" is so McGyver esque!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Is there any way at all to clean or dry burn the dual coil heads in these things?[/URL]

I have a couple Aspire ET-S's and love them!!!

Haven't needed to clean mine yet. But on another Aspire thread a fella' suggested:

"I managed to dry burn the coils, (no, I did not take the cap off, it doesn't seem to come off without taking the whole thing apart and damaging the threads...)

I soaked the atty for a few hours in vodka. After that I blew it out I ran it under the tap. I let it dry out and then did 3-5 second pulses, blowing down in the hole every few times. It took a good 7-10 minutes but eventually I could see both coils glowing down inside. Once I could see both coils glow, and there was no smoke or sizzling and it was all set...

I filled the tank up and after 2 or 3 draws there was not noticeable burny flavor, it performed like it was brand new I'm going to see how long I can keep this atty going by cleaning it every 2 days...
hoping I can get a few weeks out of each. We shall see..."

ephemerata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
I tried what you did and did not get the same results... Didn't see a glow at all and put it back with no vapor production... wondering what I did wrong :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmm :( i'd let it dry out overnight and see if it continues working the next day. i've had a few coil heads come back to life on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread