Status
Not open for further replies.

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
little birdhouse in your soul
I need a question answered................can you actually clean the Aspire Maxi heads or use them more than once?

I was using one, cleaned it and let it dry and today; changed out that one to use the cleaned one and all I have got off this is dry burnt hits. I have it on the spinner and haven't had it above 3.8 and it tastes horrible. I dropped it down to 3.3 and the same thing.

It hasn't been all day but it has been throughout the day and all of this afternoon and it is all I have until I get home.

It changes my mind on these if they only work once or cannot be cleaned.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
I'm using 3 different styles of the Aspire BDC head and simply let them soak a bit in vodka or ever clear. Take them out let them sit a few minutes and load it up again. I getting 3 to 5 weeks out of a head usually. Now I have gotten a couple that where bad out of the package. If you do a search of RiP Trippers you tube videos he has a video on rebuilding them. He has another on rebuilding the nautilus heads as a single with cotton wick.

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Maybe I just have a bad one then, this is awful and it isn't stopping.

I am not sure if it is just not wicking or what but it is unbearable. I am just going to have to tough it out for another hour and a half.

I have other options at home so I am not dead in the water but I have never had a clearo that just kept giving a dry hit.....maybe once in a while but not like this.

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
I'm still on the original coil for 2 months, waiting for it to go bad so I can try replacing it. I've vaped over 100ml, and every once in a while after filling, I get dry burn hits. I solved this by laying it on its side for a few minutes. May be just me, but when really full, it seems to have trouble soaking the wicks properly. Seems to happen more frequently recently, so I will probably try a new coil.

Having said that, I have rinsed it out every 2 weeks or so, when I change flavors. The coil seems almost indestructible. I'm using the one with the stainless tip.

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
I took the vodka advice and let it dry out. I have three currently in rotation so we are going to try "take 2" when I get back to that coil.

It was pretty full so it could have been too.

It has only been that one and I have had zero issues with any of the others and I bought more so that should say something :)

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
I took the vodka advice and let it dry out. I have three currently in rotation so we are going to try "take 2" when I get back to that coil.

It was pretty full so it could have been too.

It has only been that one and I have had zero issues with any of the others and I bought more so that should say something :)

So far I've not had any fail from Smokeless Image in their version of the Aspire Line however I did have one fail after cleaning due to the seal ring on an Aspire Nautilus on the second cleaning. Oh and this one is 510 treaded. One thing I would like to find is an adapter from ego/510 to ego/808 so I could also use the SI line of Aspire's on my Vamo V5 or other devices like it. I have actually purchase on of the 3 sizes I have in 808 in 501 so I could use the clearomizer by changing just the bottoms.

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Funny you should mention the adapter because I wish I could find an adapter to use my SI Spinner on my "other guys brand" glassomizer.

I got a 808 to 510 and although I can make it work (by not tightening the adapter down too much and covering the air holes) on my larger glassomizer, the mini version threads on the outside and I can't make it work. If there is no coil, it does screw on the bottom threads (where the cone goes) of the SI Spinner but it won't work otherwise. I assume that means I need 808 to ego but I haven't found that or I just bought the wrong 808 to 510 but it is hard to tell what I really need without making a string of 7 adapters on the end of the battery.

I will likely just buy "the other guy's brand" of spinning variable voltage. Shame really :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread