Aspire K1 Stealth Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the K1 Stealth Kit from Aspire. The K1 Stealth Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Tina from Aspire.

https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/as...ts556.html

Introduction

The K1 Stealth Kit strictly speaking isn't an AIO kit as the K1 plus tank without the magnetic base piece can be used on other devices and in theory if you have another tank with suitable dimensions it can be used in conjunction with the magnetic piece on the Stealth Mod. The device is a simple device with 3 low wattage settings to suit MTL vaping and is very box shaped yet small. The K1 plus tank is an updated version of the K1 which was released many years ago but the BVC coils are still used by many to this day and widely available. Updates to the tank include top-fill (which includes childproof TPD version), greater airflow adjustability, 510 threading (rather than ego connection) and increased capacity but still has very much a similar look. As already mentioned the K1 plus is compatible with BVC coils and also the spryte coils so let's give the K1 Stealth Kit a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1*k1 Stealth Mod
1*K1 Plus Tank
2*Nichrome Coils(1.6ohm, 1.8ohm(Pre-installed))
1*Metal Connecting Ring
1*USB Cable
1*User Manual
1*Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The K1 Stealth Kit came in the usual cardboard box packaging with sleeve that aspire products come in recently and on opening i found i had received the Silver version which includes a Silver K1 Plus tank, it's also available in Black which also includes a Silver K1 Plus.
The device is small and very box like, it's size helps the device ergonomically has it's shape and edges doesn't give the device ergonomic characteristics.
The four corners top and bottom are cut which adds to the aesthetic look and to one side we have a open frame for the K1 to be lowered into. On one side of the device we have "K1 Stealth" printed towards the right bottom and on the opposite side "aspire" printed bottom left.
The face of the device has a Black fire bottom towards the top and micro USB port towards the bottom, above the USB is a little indicator light. On the base of the device we have a mode button and a row of 3 indicator light for wattage setting indication.

K1 Plus Specs and Features:

Diameter: 16mm
2.4ML E-Juice Capacity (1.9ml TPD)
Coil Material: Nichrome + Organic Cotton
1.8ohm, 9-13W
1.6ohm, 6-11W
Compatible With Aspire BVC Coils And Spryte Coils
Convenient Top E-Juice Refill Design
4 Bottom Airflow Adjustable Slots
16mm 510 Magnet Adaptor
Colours: Silver

K1 Plus Overview

The K1 Plus is an updated version of the K1 MTL tank which has had quite a few improvements. The top-cap and mouthpiece are one piece so no longer a removable drip-tip so sadly you can't use your own but the Plus does have top-fill.
On the standard version simply unscrew the top-cap/mouthpiece and a fill port is revealed but it's not the biggest so using glass dropper bottles may be a bit messy. I received the TPD Kit which instead of just unscrewing the top section you first have to push it down then turn like you do with childproof medicine bottle tops, also with the TPD version the fill port has a self sealing membrane. The standard version holds 2.4ml of e-liquid while the TPD version holds 1.9ml which is reasonable capacity for a low wattage set-up.
The tank has mini dual cyclops airflow control but no stopper and each side we have 4 small holes so you can adjust the airflow to have 4, 3, 2, or just 1 hole open each side. The coils fit as with most tanks by simply unscrewing the base section from the tank and screwing the coil into the base. The coils provided are the pre-installed BVC 1.8ohm and also you get a BVC 1.6ohm coil, the Spryte coils are also compatible.

Fitting The Tank

Included in the kit is a circular section the same diameter as the tank with magnetic bottom which has central threading for the 510 thread of the tank to screw into now giving the K1 Plus a flat magnetic base with flush 510. Looking inside where the tank is inserted into the device we can see a raised 510 connection and a metallic surround to attract the now magnetic base of the tank. The tank snaps in place very securely, in fact it take a bit of effort to remove but as the tank can be filled while still attached to the device this is a job well done!

Stealth Mod Specs and Features:

Size: 68*39*21mm
Built-in 1000mAh Battery
8W. 10W, 12W, Three Working Wattage Setting
LED Light Indicator
Magnetic connection
Micro USB Port For Charging
Automatic Cut-Off
Short Circuit Protection
Low Voltage Protection
Over-Charge Protection
Over-Heat Protection
Colours: Black, Silver

Navigating The Stealth Mod

The Stealth Mod can be turned on and off with 5 clicks of the fire button and the little LED above the USB port blinks White 3 times to confirm.
The device has 3 low wattage settings for MTL vaping and to change between the wattage modes we have a mode button on the base of the device. The mode button is recessed in from the base surface so it will not be altered by accident and above the button we have an horizontal row of 3 LED indicator lights to see which mode is set.
Pressing the mode button twice lights up 1 indicator which is 8W, pressing the mode button twice again lights up 2 indicator lights which is 10W and pressing a further 2 times lights up 3 indicators which is 12W. Under normal conditions while vaping no mode indicator lights are on but pressing the mode button once shows briefly which setting you are on, (just a note, the indicator lights are small but impressively bright).
The Stealth Mod also has battery status indication which is shown by what colour the LED indicator positioned above the USB port lights when the fire button is pressed. When the light is Green it's above 3.8V, when it lights Blue it's between 3.5V and 3.8V and when it lights Red it's below 3.5V and you need to start planning to charge the device. The Stealth mod of course has all the usual safety protections you would expect which are indicated by various flashes of the LED.

Protections

Automatic Cut-Off
Short Circuit Protection
Low Voltage Protection
Over-Charge Protection
Over-Heat Protection

Charging The Device

The Stealth Mod has a 1000mAh in-built battery which can be charged via the micro USB port. When you first attach the USB the indicator flashes Red 3 times then lights solid Red until the charge goes over 3.5V. When the charge is between 3.5V and 3.8V the indicator lights Blue and when the charge goes over 3.8V the indicator lights Green. When the device is fully charged the indicator flashes Green 20 times then goes off, when unplugging the USB after charging the indicator flashes Green 3 times. You now have a full battery and can enjoy vaping!

My Experience Using The k1 Stealth Kit

This is what i class has a genuine starter kit ideal for a new vaper but there will be many a MTL vaper who would enjoy using this little neat kit, it was a pleasure and a bit of nostalgia to use.
Me and my wife used the BVC coils all the time many years ago and i had forgotten what good flavour they give although my wife who still used them up to only a year ago and had the original K1 hadn't and got quite excited when i received this kit and she is now using it.
The airflow gives good variations of a MTL vape and although you can't get as tight a draw as on a Nautilus 2 for example certainly with 1 hole either side it's tight enough for the majority and personally liking a very airy MTL i had the airflow fully open.
The different wattage settings work well my wife who uses a tight draw is using it on 8W and i found it gave a cracking vape on 12W with the airflow fully open. The tank fits very securely and the 1000mAh battery life goes a long way at such low wattage.
One thing worth mentioning from knowing these coils well and that is you really do need to prime a new coil and leave the full tank sitting for at least 5 minutes before you start vaping else you will get an immediate burn't hit and these coils don't recover, if you get a burn't hit the burn't taste will not go away. After saying that as long as you show some patience when the coil is new they have pretty good longevity and as mentioned give a flavoursome MTL vape. I only recommend using 50/50 e-liquid although i personally many a time have used 60% VG diy liquid and have never had issues.
The set-up as much as i like it does have petty cons that may be more than petty to some, first is the obvious which is having the mode button and indicators on the base. Other things that could be better is the fact the airflow can't be adjusted once the tank is fitted to the device and the fill port is on the small size, other than that, i love it!

Well made, neat looking device
Pocket friendly small device
Tank fits very securely
BVC coils (also Spryte coils compatible)
3 Wattage settings 8W, 10W and 12W
Genuine starter kit suitable for new vaper
Good MTL airflow options
2 different coils included
E-liquid level visible at all times
Good flavour
Top-fill
Good MTL capacity (2.4ml standard version)
Battery status indication
Good battery life (comparable to low wattage device)

Cons

Mode button and indicators on base
Can't adjust airflow when tank is attached to the device
Small fill port
All in one top-cap/mouthpiece so can't fit different drip tip
Not ergonomic shape (although the small size helps)

I would once again like to thank Tina from Aspire for supplying the K1 Stealth Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/as...ts556.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread