Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemptation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Ridgeland,MS
I own 3 nautilus's I absolutely love the tank. there is a learning curve to using it tho. make sure you tighten the coil to the bottom piece securely. then while screwing the bottom back on, upside down....you want to just get it tight enough to make the seal. do not over tighten that part. or when you pull the bottom off for a refill the coil will still be attached to the stem that is part of the head. make sure you prime this bad boy several times. just a nice long, light draw. 7-10 times. then when screwing the tank to the mod, or battery or whatever you are running..make sure you screw it just tight enough to make a connection. that s where 90% of people's problems come in. they over tighten the tank to the mod. you just want to make a connection, thats it. if you over tighten there...you will push the connection pin up, and the e-juice will be able to flow back into your airflow system. it took me about 5 coils to figure everything out correctly. but once Ilearned the tricks...it has been smooth sailing. also, be careful in hot temperatures. it is hot where Ilive. and the temperate will make almost any tank leak. but not the nauty if handled properly. happy vaping

Hemptation, I know this question has been asked a million times dude, but what voltage are you using/ohms to get good results? I seem to prefer a lower voltage than most people (basically stick to the lower end of the spectrum when using a voltage chart to give you an idea.. 3.7 or 3.8 volts for a 2.5ohm atomizer.. sometimes up to 4 but rarely because it messes up the taste for me in my EVOD and mini protank. If I'm building on my Kayfun, I try to shoot for a 3 ohm and vape it at around 4.2-4.6 volts.
So anyway, getting to my issue with my Nautilus: I can tell it's definitely a superior product in a lot of ways when compared to other tanks that we've gotten, which is why I was really into it at first. The thing is though; Aspire, as far as I can tell, doesn't offer an atomizer over 1.8 ohms, with the other being a 1.6. Either one doesn't really leave much leeway at all for if they're off a little from the factory and come in below 1.5 ohms, but whatever.

My thing is this: With the atomizers I've used with my Nautiuls- one 1.6 and six of the 1.8 ohms.. I get this odd flavor. The best way to describe it would be burnt I guess, but not the usual like burnt caramel taste you get when you use an atomizer at a slightly too high voltage for a while, and not so much the pure .... taste of taking a dry hit.. maybe a mixture of the two. All of these experiences were primarily using it on my Semovar, bring the voltage from 3.0, and trying it all the way up to 4.2. Also tried it on my ego Twist. Got pretty much the same results. Starting from the lower voltages and moving up, I get: Muted flaver, muted flavor, muted flavor.... then it starts burning. My juice is 70vg/30pg (Just mixing a premade 100%VG Banana Fosters from Vaperite and mixing in 100%PG Nicotine liquid to bring my nicotine level up to 46mg, ratio around 2ml:1ml. if that matters.)

If anyone out there has any advice for me on this thing, I'd appreciate it for sure. Right nowI have this gorgeous looking tank staring at me that I'm afraid to drop any more money on atomizers for.

Edit: One thing that might be kinda important- I bought the EVOD 2 a month or so ago, and get similar results with it. I love my regular EVOD, but IDK if dual tiny coils mess things up for me by heating up to quickly or something or what.

Last edited:

Bionicunderwear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
Springville, Utah, United States
Best $35 spent IMO.. If you got it cheaper than that then good job!

Heads up guys. Vapor Co has the Nautilus for $19.87 and they are having a sale until tomorrow 30% off of their site (except items already on sale). They also have the coils. I picked up a tank and coils for $28.28 after discount and shipping added in.

NAUTILUS ASPIRE TANK (AUTHENTIC) | Vapor Co

shuvool

Nov 9, 2012
Austin, TX
Since I've seen this question asked a couple of times and not answered, I'll give my personal answer for power/ohms for producing a great hit. I'm vaping on some Vapedaddy's Isla Mujeres (no idea what the pv/vg% is) and I'm running power to the tank from an Itaste VTR. I'm using the 1.8 ohm coil that came with the tank when I bought it, and I'm running at 15 watts. using the second smallest hole gives me a great cloud and taste with a more "cigarette style" draw, where I mostly just puff with my mouth to get the draw, but if I feel like a long draw from the lungs, opening it up to the biggest hole provides a ton of vapor and the taste remains the same. The only time the taste changes is if I'm drawing too slowly for the airflow, and I get a bit of a "hot" taste that goes away on the next hit. This combo of VTR and Nautilus is awesome for an around the house all day vape, but it doesn't really fit well in the cupholder of my car without flopping around when I corner hard, so I would think about a different mod with the same tank for travelling (my Itaste 134 was great for setting in the cupholder)

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
What am I doing wrong with this tank? Flavors seem muted, not a ton of vapor no matter what setting. So far the least favorite tank of mine, including the mini evods that sell for 15 bucks. I must be doing something wrong with the coil. Also, if I screw it all the way down, my SVD won't fire at all. Argh.

Are you using the BDC coils that came with it? They're plagued with issues and aspire has now released the new BVC's (bottom vertical coil) and they are a huge improvement. If you are not already using them I suggest giving them a try. It makes it like a whole new tank!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

arbeee

Sep 14, 2014
Hong Kong
Are you using the BDC coils that came with it? They're plagued with issues and aspire has now released the new BVC's (bottom vertical coil) and they are a huge improvement. If you are not already using them I suggest giving them a try. It makes it like a whole new tank!

Are the new single BVC equal in heat output as the BDC for the same power given?

Last edited:
BVC can be used the same as BDC but IMHO its 100% better. I accidentally bought BDC replacements and immediately threw them away .

As for the Nautilus, I have a different question. I have two mods VV and VW that goes up to 20watts.
I want to get a new Mod but I cant find anywhere on how much these nautilus can handle, for instance why are they not used for mechanical mods/ and what are their tolerance ranges?

coreyoli

Oct 5, 2014
BVC can be used the same as BDC but IMHO its 100% better. I accidentally bought BDC replacements and immediately threw them away .

As for the Nautilus, I have a different question. I have two mods VV and VW that goes up to 20watts.
I want to get a new Mod but I cant find anywhere on how much these nautilus can handle, for instance why are they not used for mechanical mods/ and what are their tolerance ranges?
I really like my nautilus but personally haven't run it over 12 watts... I've heard of people going bigger but if I remember correctly they started tasting the coil burning around 17ish...

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
I really like my nautilus but personally haven't run it over 12 watts... I've heard of people going bigger but if I remember correctly they started tasting the coil burning around 17ish...

I'm limited to 11w on my MVP2 but have had one up to 17w before it started tasting burnt. Then another started burning at 14w...

Waterdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2014
NH
Im having this same issue. Did you ever find a solution? Or anyone else?

Fill up the tank to the top of the center post but not over. Turn your air control to closed between to air holes. Doing this has almost always given me no flooding. I also store them upside down when not in use. That will 100% not leak. If you do get gurgle use the biggest air hole or remove the drip tip and roll a tissue up small enough to fit down the shaft. That almost always gets rid of any flooding I might have. Much less mess then blowing the juice out the bottom.

One thing I advise people to when initially filling or on a refill of any tank is to give it a good wipe down with either a knapkin or paper towel to remove any excess from the outside of the tank or clearomizer. That however is second to inspecting the coil or atomizer to see if that became loose or was never fully tightened.

With the Nautilus and similar tanks any spill over on the outside would run down into the main slot you line up with the air holes. If the base is on tight that would be where the ejuice came from rather then from inside due to the base being sealed except for the well in the center where a loose coil can be the problem as that would allow the ejuice to pass through internally to the air holes. On an eGo threaded tank in contrast to a strictly 510 threaded when a coil is loose ejuice will travel down onto the main connector unnoticed at first due to being hidden from view by the skirt at the bottom of the base.

Here I have three Nautilus tanks constantly attached to a pair of Vamos as well as the MVP2.0 and not one drop since the first fill by first checking to see if the coil that comes preinstalled happens to be loose or the base wasn't tightened up enough as I found with the Atlantis tank where the base wasn't on tight enough apparently since I haven't lost a drop since in the two days of use so far. When the first coil didn't fire I had found the tank a bit wet and simply swapped that out for the spare. Once I go to refill it I will try the first coil again sinceit may been loose and was simply shorted out by ejuice getting down on the inside of the bottom connector.

I prefer to use the Nautllus on one of the larger APVs like the Vamo V5 and V6 or MVP while keeping Smok Tumblers in use on the eGo type batteries since the mah is better matched with how much ejuice you have in the tank. With the larger 5ml since you want something with more mah time like 2000+mah seen with 18650 powered or other longer life sealed batteries. The Nautilus with the air flow control allows you to compensate the air flow to the voltage or wattage you have a variable set for especially when turning to 12w on a 15w or 20w mod.

Heads up guys. Vapor Co has the Nautilus for $19.87 and they are having a sale until tomorrow 30% off of their site (except items already on sale). They also have the coils. I picked up a tank and coils for $28.28 after discount and shipping added in.

NAUTILUS ASPIRE TANK (AUTHENTIC) | Vapor Co

I'm glad I read the reviews before placing an order because that looks like a scam.

I think I'll stick with my local b&m. :)

I'm glad I read the reviews before placing an order because that looks like a scam.

I think I'll stick with my local b&m. :)

$14.52 now! But simply seeing a low price at this by itself wouldn't set off alarms since 101vapes had a special going for $18 with two additional coils added in as factory deal. On Amazon when ordering three one each from three different sources the last sent a larger box with a replacement glass as well as the two extra coils. The complaints at this site however remind of a scam site I ran into back in 2012! If you should across anyone who has been burned by this place refer them to Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

kfolse107

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Houma, Louisiana, United States
I've been vaping for 8 months now and have been using the Iclear 16 and iclear 30s clearomizers the whole time and liked them. Two days ago I saw a review (PBusardo's review) for the Nautilus mini and decided to buy one. All I can say is "Awesome". I only vape 2 flavors (a light tobacco, and a cinnamon/menthol). After 2 days using the Nautilus for the tobacco, I went and bought another Nautilus for the cinnamon. The flavors are so much better. I use the second smallest air hole. I find that the smallest hole is equivalent to the draw of the Iclear cartos.

In reply to mention of tightening the tanks, when screwing the bottom hardware back on after filling, I heard that if you put it too tight, it will be difficult to remove later due to the vacuum buildup. It was said that looser is better. If you look at how the lower silicone seal is made, it not only seals the bottom of the glass but goes inside the glass too, making it not necessary to put it too tight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread