Aspire SkyStar Revvo Kit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJan

May 4, 2011
Phoenix AZ
I just got this in the mail yesterday. I’ve been vaping close to 9 years and this thing makes me feel like a real noob. I don’t understand most of the settings and I can’t get the tank to work for me. And how do you do the updates? I watched an hour long video on YouTube by Juicy Jones and it was helpful but still not basic enough for me. I have a Nautilus tank that I LOVE! I’ve had tons of tanks over the years and it’s the only one I use. It works perfect on the SkyStar but I really wanted to use the tank that came with it. According to Juicy I need to set the wattage at 80? I vape at 15 with my Nautilus tank. The Revvo won’t even work at all at that wattage. I tried it at 50 and about chocked to death. How are you all vaping at such high wattages?? Are there other settings that need to be changed too or do I need a weaker juice? I vape HotVapes Menthol 3% mg/ml 50/50 blend. I fear that if they ever discontinue the Nautilus tank that I won’t be able to vape anymore. These new tanks that require such high wattage are just too much for me. Please if anyone has any advise, thoughts, instructions, any commenta at all will be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: My Batt Hurts

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hi -

Well, you're braver than I am - I'm sticking with the Nautilus!

Hard to say since the two tanks are very different. For the Revvo, you could probably use a thicker (higher VG) liquid and open up the airflow. I think more VG can help to smooth things out a bit.

You may find that other flavours work better with the Revvo - perhaps try something else? See if you can get one that's 70% VG. You could also try using less nic, although 3mg/ml is already quite low. Or try zero nic on the Revvo and keep the Nautilus for that?

The jump in power is big enough that you'll probably just need some time to get used to it.

Good luck.

Reactions: Aspire_Tina

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I just got this in the mail yesterday. I’ve been vaping close to 9 years and this thing makes me feel like a real noob. I don’t understand most of the settings and I can’t get the tank to work for me. And how do you do the updates? I watched an hour long video on YouTube by Juicy Jones and it was helpful but still not basic enough for me. I have a Nautilus tank that I LOVE! I’ve had tons of tanks over the years and it’s the only one I use. It works perfect on the SkyStar but I really wanted to use the tank that came with it. According to Juicy I need to set the wattage at 80? I vape at 15 with my Nautilus tank. The Revvo won’t even work at all at that wattage. I tried it at 50 and about chocked to death. How are you all vaping at such high wattages?? Are there other settings that need to be changed too or do I need a weaker juice? I vape HotVapes Menthol 3% mg/ml 50/50 blend. I fear that if they ever discontinue the Nautilus tank that I won’t be able to vape anymore. These new tanks that require such high wattage are just too much for me. Please if anyone has any advise, thoughts, instructions, any commenta at all will be greatly appreciated!
Yeah, that’s the way of things. Ecigs are an emerging technology and they change quickly.

I suspect the revvo tank is going onto your shelf with the rest of your disliked tanks.
The revvo is a Direct Lung(DL) style tank. They produce a great deal more vapor and make much bigger clouds. They also use much weaker juice. Generally half the strength or less of a Mouth To Lung(MTL) style tank such as the nautilus. MTL tanks such as the one you currently use are still made. The innokin zenith, for example, is well liked.
As for the settings most of them have to do with Temperature Control (TC) functions which are usable only with particular coils and tend to be quite complicated. Easiest to simply ignore them. Most do.

To make the thing work the way you are used to you want wattage mode.

ImJan

May 4, 2011
Phoenix AZ
Hi -

Well, you're braver than I am - I'm sticking with the Nautilus!

Hard to say since the two tanks are very different. For the Revvo, you could probably use a thicker (higher VG) liquid and open up the airflow. I think more VG can help to smooth things out a bit.

You may find that other flavours work better with the Revvo - perhaps try something else? See if you can get one that's 70% VG. You could also try using less nic, although 3mg/ml is already quite low. Or try zero nic on the Revvo and keep the Nautilus for that?

The jump in power is big enough that you'll probably just need some time to get used to it.

Good luck.
I did wonder if the menthol might be part of the problem but I would never have thought about using a thicker juice. I’m going to try it. I’ll never give up my Nautilus but I have the Revvo and figured it wouldn’t hurt me to try something new. Thanks so much for your post!

ImJan

May 4, 2011
Phoenix AZ
Yeah, that’s the way of things. Ecigs are an emerging technology and they change quickly.

I suspect the revvo tank is going onto your shelf with the rest of your disliked tanks.
The revvo is a Direct Lung(DL) style tank. They produce a great deal more vapor and make much bigger clouds. They also use much weaker juice. Generally half the strength or less of a Mouth To Lung(MTL) style tank such as the nautilus. MTL tanks such as the one you currently use are still made. The innokin zenith, for example, is well liked.
As for the settings most of them have to do with Temperature Control (TC) functions which are usable only with particular coils and tend to be quite complicated. Easiest to simply ignore them. Most do.

To make the thing work the way you are used to you want wattage mode.
Very informative and much appreciated! I have an old Innokin mod that I sure loved when I first got it. I’ll consider that tank for sure. I will ignore the temp settings, Thanks!

ImJan

May 4, 2011
Phoenix AZ
I can only say, that if anyone says to vape at 80w, they’d better give more details on what coil and tank, and I’d still ignore them and never believe a word they say.

Some do vape at those high watts. There is no reason you have to.[/QUOTE
Just what I wanted to hear! Thanks so much. You all are making me feel much better. I was getting extremely overwhelmed and over thinking it. I start to panic if I think about not being able to vape. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread