Aspire Tigon Stick Starter Kit 1800mAh/2600mAh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Tigon Stick Starter Kit from Aspire. The Tigon Stick Starter Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Tina from Aspire.

https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/as...ts551.html

Introduction

Aspire and Innokin are probably the two manufacturers who's products have been the most successful when it comes to getting people to quit smoking. The Tigon is a real starter kit with the Tigon tank being both a MTL and low wattage DL affair. Although ideal for beginners the Kit will be of great interest to low wattage restricted lung hit vapers and MTL vapers (a lot of low wattage DL vapers like me also MTL a percentage of the time so this is perfect for them). Coming in both Standard and TPD versions which have different size tanks and batteries, is the Tigon a Jack of all trades but the master of none or have Aspire hit it out of the ballpark? Let's find out!

In The Box

Contents:

3.5ml Standard Edition

1x Tigon Kit(3.5ml, 0.4ohm pre-installed)
1x Glass tube
1x Extra drip tip
1x Coil (1.2ohm)
10x O-rings
1x Warranty Card
1x User Manual

2ml TPD Edition

1x Tigon Kit(2ml, 0.4ohm pre-installed)
1x Glass tube
1x Extra drip tip
1x Coil (1.2ohm)
10x O-rings
1x Warranty Card
1x Screw adjustment tool
1x User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Tigon Kit came in the standard cardboard box with sleeve packaging that Aspire kits come in and on opening i was met by a matching battery and tank with very nice media blasted finish. I received the Blue version, it's also available in Stainless Steel, Rainbow and Black, all versions come with matching colour Tigon tanks. Starting with the tank and both top and base sections are smooth then between both top section and glass and the base section and glass we have narrow sections with very nicely machined fine knurling. The delrin drip tip covers the Stainless Steel ring on the top of the top cap so surrounding the drip tip is the delrin ring which is different and looks very nice. The base has a narrow slot just one side on the airflow control ring and both top and bottom of the tank steps out to a slightly wider central section where the glass tube sits. The battery section is quite plain but classy looking with the already mentioned media blasted finish. The front has a pill shaped fire button with translucent surround for the LED towards the top, near the bottom we have the Aspire trademark printed. The reverse has a micro USB port towards the top then the base is very shiny Silver with etched safety stamps. If you remove the tank the top of the battery has a mirror Silver finish with Gold plated, spring loaded 510. The build quality and finish is excellent and like with all tubular devices it's very ergonomic.

Tigon Sub-ohm Tank Specs and Features:

Size: 24.5 x 52mm (3.5ml standard)/23 x 49mm (2ml TPD)
Capacity: 3.5ml(standard edition)/2ml(TPD edition)
Coil: 0.4ohm Coil(23-28W), 1.2ohm Coil(10-12W)
Suitable for MTL & DTL vaping with two drip tips
Easy top filling system with child lock function (TPD Edition)
E-liquid sealing mechanism
Bottom precise airflow adjustment
Thread: 510
Colours: Stainless Steel, Blue, Rainbow, Black

Tigon Tank Overview

Everything about the Tigon tank impressed me, the build quality and finish is as good as with any tank i have used. The Tigon is for both MTL and low wattage restricted direct lung vaping and you get 2 drip tips one for each style, they are a standard 510 fitting so you can also use your own if you prefer. The top of the tank is flat and has the outer metal ring and inner stainless steel ring, between the 2 is a ring of delrin.

The tank has a childproof top-fill system that i like a lot, first you need to lift the top-cap up before sliding open by pushing where there is a little liquid drop symbol. The top cap slides open very smoothly revealing a fill port with self sealing silicon seal, when filling push your nozzle through the seal to fill when you remove the nozzle it reseals. To close the top-cap is just the reverse, slide shut and press down.

The glass is sealed with o-rings and is housed between the top fill section and the coil housing section at the bottom, to release the glass you need to unscrew the base and with no coil inserted use the supplied tool to separate the coil housing from the top section so the glass can freely be removed (you get a spare glass).

As mentioned the base unscrews from the coil housing and you just press fit the coil into the housing before screwing your base back on. The coil housing has 4 juice ports to allow the juice to get to the wicking holes on the coil, when you remove the coil it allows a metal section to lower and seal the juice ports so you can remove your coil even if the tank is full of juice, when a coil is inserted it pushes the metal section upwards re-opening the ports.

The Tigon doesn't have juice flow control so you can close the ports when filling but i like the way the ports seal when removing the coil and i suppose having both systems isn't doable (or is it?). The base has a single airflow control which is a slot for DL and then if you keep turning changes to a series of 5 small holes so you can MTL from very airy to super tight. I received the TPD version Kit so the capacity is 2ml and at it's widest point the tank is 23mm, the standard version has a 3.5ml capacity and at it's widest point the diameter is 24.5mm. As mentioned you receive both a MTL and DL coil with the kit, the MTL is 1.2ohm and rated between 10-12w and the DL is 0.4ohm and rated between 23-28w.

Tigon Stick Battery Specs and Features:

Size: 24.5 x 142mm (3.5ml standard)/23 x 123mm (2ml TPD)(includes tank)
Battery: Built-in 2600mAh(standard edition)/1800mAh(TPD edition)
Output Voltage: 3.3-4.2V
Continuous Firing Time: 10s
Stick pen-style sleek design
Direct Output
Output Voltage: 3.3-4.3v
Thread: Spring loaded 510
Colours: Stainless Steel, Blue, Rainbow, Black

Using The Tigon Stick Battery

The Tigon Stick is a direct output device so has the voltage decreases of the battery so does the power output, so it's a case of simply pressing the fire button and vaping. The device is the standard 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off and once on when vaping the fire button surround lights up to give battery status indication. When the surround lights Purple the batteries voltage is between 3.8v and 4.2v, when it lights Blue it's between 3.5v and 3.8v and when it lights Red it's below 3.5v. The device also has all the built in safety features you would expect which are indicated by various amounts of flashes of the surround. The kit i received as already mentioned was the TPD version it is 22.3mm in diameter and the battery is 1800mAh, the standard version is 23mm in diameter and has a 2600mAh battery.

Protections

Automatic Cutoff
Short Circuit Protection
Low Voltage Protection
Overcharge Protection
Over Heat Protection

Charging The Device

The Tigon Stick is charged using the micro USB port, it supports 2A charging so charges very quickly. When charging the surround of the fire button shows the status of the battery charging. When the surround lights Red the battery has less than 3.5v charge, when it's Blue it's between 3.5v and 3.8v, when it's Purple it's at over 3.8v and finally when fully charged the surround flashes 20 times and then goes off.

My Experience With The Tigon Kit

In my opinion we have a new benchmark for this type of dual MTL and DL tank, i really thought the Zenith would rule for longer but i am finding the Tigon the new king. The stick is what it is, a simple direct output device but there's nothing to really fault, the build quality is good, finish impressive and seems durable, has good battery status indication for both vaping and charging and has all the usual protections. The MTL coil gave really good flavour, preferring a loose draw i had 4 holes open but it covers MTL from super airy to super tight, i really didn't notice drop off with the 1.2ohm MTL coil. The DL coil i found gave equally good flavour but this did give a bit of drop off which didn't really affect the flavour but did make the vape cooler which was remedied by closing the airflow down as the voltage of the battery got less, i even found with this coil although not matching the performance of the MTL coil i could with 4 holes get a very decent MTL vape. With the Tigon stick battery i found the MTL coil just my favourite but when i used the Tigon tank on a regulated device at constant wattage the DL coil gave me the best low wattage DL vape i have had from a stock coil. The 1800mAh battery i received is pretty good lasting almost all day with the MTL coil, when using the DL coil for a whole day it needed charging halfway through, so the 2600mAh standard battery is going to give very good life with the supplied coils. The only thing left to mention is when using the MTL coil, i got very slight gurgling after filling but it was slight and cleared after just a few vapes, i suffered no leaking.

Conclusion

Aspire have hit it out the ballpark!

Great build quality
Aesthetically pleasing
Ergonomic
Nice Media Blasted Finish
MTL and Restricted DL
Childproof top-fill system
Comes with DL and MTL drip tip
Can fit own 510
Comes with MTL and DL coil
Spare glass
Tool provided for disassembling tank
MTL super airy to super tight draw
TPD and standard versions
Juice port sealing mechanism (sealing tank when removing coil)
Self sealing silicone seal
Tigon Tank can be used on other devices
Flavour very good with both coils
Smooth airflow
Suffered no leaking
2A charging

Cons

TPD version battery life could be a little better for DL coil
No juice flow control (the great sealing mechanism so no leaking when removing coils prevents us from having this)
DL Coil towards end of battery life need to reduce airflow to maintain warmth of vape
MTL coil after filling slight gurgling (clears after a few vapes)

I would once again like to thank Tina from Aspire for sending the Tigon Stick Starter Kit (TPD version) for the purpose of this review.

https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/as...ts551.html

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
It came into mind when i got the very slight gurgling after filling using the MTL. It cleared after about 4 vapes so to me not an issue but worth mentioning. I simply thought if it had juice control that possibly wouldn't of happened. The tank is that good it makes me will it to be perfect. Everything is opinions based on experience and the cream that comes to the surface is raised by a consensus of opinion so i am myself interested whether others find the Tigon a bit special, keep me informed mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread