Aspire Triton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightly_Paradox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
East TN
Just picked up an Aspire Triton tank. At first it was "meh" till I replaced the 0.4 ohm coil that was installed with it with the replacement coil that was in the pack. To my surprise it also came with a 1.8 ohm coil, popped it in and all is well. Whats the recommended wattage to fire Triton coils at? As far as I can tell the Triton has 3 different coils.

1.8 Ohm
0.4 Ohm
0.3 Ohm

Andy79Z28

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2015
Long Island
After having my Triton tanks (2 of them) I have decided the suck down way too much juice for the amount of flavor they produce with the .4 ohm coils. Have other subtanks that taste great and use 50% less juice. So my next step is to try the i.8 ohm coil. I am a direct to lung hit. I do not think you can do lung hits with the 1.8 coil. What does everyone else have to say about this?

Reactions: drysprocket

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
After having my Triton tanks (2 of them) I have decided the suck down way too much juice for the amount of flavor they produce with the .4 ohm coils. Have other subtanks that taste great and use 50% less juice. So my next step is to try the i.8 ohm coil. I am a direct to lung hit. I do not think you can do lung hits with the 1.8 coil. What does everyone else have to say about this?

I do not own the Triton, but from the videos I have seen, the coil in the 1.8 ohm is too small for a comfortable lung-hit (despite what is on the device). The 1.8 coils are really meant for a mouth-to-lung (MtL)

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
The Triton has not been kind to me...I have a lot to say, but in short: for 1.8 coils, be sure that you're using 70+ VG. Even 60 VG tends to have gurgling/flooding issues at times, and 50/50 is simply terrible on it. Aspire also emailed me back to confirm that this coil was designed for high VG. But if you have a 70/30 juice, I find that 17-18 watts is a good place for most juices. I think it can do closer to 20 depending though and still be fine.

And like Andy said, it will guzzle the juice indeed. Also, watch out for leakage, it's random and may not ever happen, but I have 2 tanks and it's happened eventually on both. I've followed the saga on the Aspire forums, and no one really knows exactly what causes it. Just something to keep your eye on. Good luck.

this is my name

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2014
North Little Rock, AR, USA
I'm also having the excessive consumption issue with this tank. On the .4 ohm coil I went through almost 15 ml in less than half a day and I wasn't vaping much harder than I normally do with my drippers. I switched it to the 1.8 and love it as a MtL tank. I think I'm going to get a bottle of 6mg nic on my next vape shop visit to get the throat hit where I like it. 3mg just isn't cutting it, MtL.

Guzz

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Tempe, AZ
Just picked up an Aspire Triton tank. At first it was "meh" till I replaced the 0.4 ohm coil that was installed with it with the replacement coil that was in the pack. To my surprise it also came with a 1.8 ohm coil, popped it in and all is well. Whats the recommended wattage to fire Triton coils at? As far as I can tell the Triton has 3 different coils.

1.8 Ohm
0.4 Ohm
0.3 Ohm
Here's a quick mfg recommend list for the Triton coils:

0.3 ohm SS: 45-55W 4 holes, black O-ring
0.4 ohm SS: 25-30W 4 holes, black O-ring
1.8 ohm Ka: 10-13W 2 holes, blue O-Rings

Ka=Kanthal wire
SS=Stainless Steel wire
The "# holes" is the number of holes at the bottom of the coil, the higher the number, the less restrictive the airflow.

Nightly_Paradox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
East TN
Here's a quick mfg recommend list for the Triton coils:

0.3 ohm SS: 45-55W 4 holes, black O-ring
0.4 ohm SS: 25-30W 4 holes, black O-ring
1.8 ohm Ka: 10-13W 2 holes, blue O-Rings

Ka=Kanthal wire
SS=Stainless Steel wire
The "# holes" is the number of holes at the bottom of the coil, the higher the number, the less restrictive the airflow.
Thats exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    HARDWARE I USE ALL DAY

1 - Sigelei 75W box mod
    8 - 18650 Samsung batteries

1 - Aspire Triton Clearomizer, Sub-Ohm Tank
    1 - Package of 5, Aspire 0.4 ohm atomizers

4- Aspire Atlantis II Clearomizer, Sub-Ohm Tanks
    1 - Package of 5, Aspire 0.5 ohm atomizers (DON'T BUY AGAIN: this coil burns up without even trying)
    2 - Package of 5, Aspire 1.0 ohm atomizers
    3 - Package of 5, Aspire 0.3 ohm atomizers (The best coil for the Sigelei 75W: lasts a long, long, time)
    1 - Replacement Aspire Atlantis II Clearomizer Tank (5ml: $10 with stainless tip)
    2 - Accessories Aspire Atlantis II Rubber seal gaskets

I love Aspire Atlantis but with the Triton if you vape a ton, you cannot easily remove current E-juice to start another vape liquid. I'm non-stop vaping & testing vape fluids. Since I started September 7th have bought around 2,000ml of E-Liquids.

Vape On!

Mario06

Nov 18, 2014
    Try the I just2 its a great subtank at a great price and it holds 5.5ml of liquid, it surprisingly has very good taste, obviously tons of smoke and it's easy on the ejuice even with a 0.3 build. Joytech and iSmoka are the same company but the eleaf series came out better including the coil heads. Air is the magic word for subohming and the ijust2 wins hands down in this area.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread