At last a Reo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveinleics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
England
I first tried squonking some years ago and liked it but then I got into re-buildables so I passed my wood box to my wife, since when it has fallen to pieces several times and is currently in need of yet another re-soldering job :facepalm:

My interest revived a few months ago when I realised that there were some decent re-buildable BF atties available so I got a rather snazzy regulated box and a couple of atties and found I was really enjoying it, but then.........well let's just say I fell out permanently with DNA30's :rolleyes:

I wanted to carry on squonking but with something that I could regulate and was bomb proof and then I remembered the Reo and found this sub-forum :)

I must thank the many contributors on here because a couple of weeks searching through these threads gave me all the information I needed; firstly that I could use a kick. I find these work fine for me in my mech mods and concluded that a tumbled finish would make life easier with a Reo (I have had to take off anodising before so I wanted to avoid that if possible). Fortunately I liked the look of that finish anyway, so that was the first choice made, after that it was easy to decide on a LP grand, so that is what I ordered. It arrived yesterday and I can already understand why people get addicted to these! Here it is and I couldn't be happier with it:

reojn.jpg

This is a really well made piece of kit and obviously built to last. Finally I must thank Rob for his excellent service and getting this across the Atlantic to me so quickly.

daveinleics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
England
Sweet looking little beauty, dave - love the TRA's (best feel in the hand) :toast:

I've used kicks in reos before. You may find that controlling the vape through build adjustments, rather than regulation, ends up being better, but hey, you've got options.

Welcome to the 'Ville.

Agreed but so far I have only tended to use dual coil atties on unregulated mods, as my normal single coils tend to fall into the 1.5 to 2.0 ohm range. Having said that I have recently been playing around with microcoils and cotton (I know - very late to the party!) so I might try something low enough for unregulated. I do like to get the same vape every time though which is the big plus with regulated :)

It certainly does feel good in the hand, which is where it has been for a lot of today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread