At the pub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dav0r

Mar 3, 2010
NW England
www.facebook.com
I went on a clubbing weekend to London a week ago, and I was amazed at how little anyone cared about me vaping inside, for instance. .The Dublin Castle. The pub Madness started up at, It was pretty packed, so I go over to the barman and ask if I can use it inside, he just glances over and goes "Sure, why not". The only occasion i've had anyone give me grief over it, is a local pub in my town, with a snottynosed barman younger than me saying "if you smoke that here, everyone else will follow suit!" and demanding that I don't and can't. So I switched to the green light battery and he just mumbled and walked off. Also whilst in London, even in the Fabric nightclub I could see the bouncers out the corner of my eye staring and talking to eachother, and yet they never came over to ask or tell me off.

I sure am loving the acceptance of vaping in public more so than when I first started, i'd be embarassed to use it outside on the street back then, now it's simply second nature. All apart from one friend who calls it my "gay fake cigarette" sucks to be him I suppose with his marlboro reds eh?

EDIT: one slightly annoying fact about using it in public though is the relentless horde of people asking how it works and "can I have a go??" although I have pointed a few people in the right direction to go about getting their own. :)

Last edited:

Phyberoptix

Unregistered Supplier
Dec 26, 2009
Spokane, WA
eliquidalchemy.com
Went out to the bar last night with some friends. When I started vaping I was immediatly approached by several other people wanting to know if they could try it and where they could get one. We have pretty strict smoking bans here and for a lot of smokers alcohol and smoking kind of go hand in hand so if they can get away with not having to go outside it's a win.

Jaganic_Solitude

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Washington, NJ, USA
www.blogtv.com
The only bar that allows me to vape where I live is the bar that I live 10 minutes away by foot. It's very mellow and they never minded me vaping there. It's pretty neat to share my experiences of vaping with others.

I only allow friends to "take a hit" off of mine and so far no one has asked to take a hit off of mine...must be the fear of assimilation xD

HorrorJunky

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Cleveland
Usually I'll sit at the bar and put my Tornado on top of the bar and see if anyone notices it. Then I'll take a drag or 2 and immediately put it back on the bar so everyone knows it's not a cigarette. Then I wait for the questions to start pouring in. Usually when I take this approach everything is a lot better as far as vaping in public. If I approach the bartender directly they'll usually say no, just to take easy way out, then you have to sit there and justify it. It's also a nice way to break the ice and let their curiosity get the best of them.

HorrorJunky

Raven_Blackblade

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Kent, Washington
Every bar that I go into loves it when I vape. What they dont like is patrons complaining that they cant smoke indoors anymore. But when I walk in, they have my beer waiting for me, and a hand outstretched so they can plug in my wall USB port so I can vape away :) Sad thing is.... Alot of the bartenders, and owners want me to sell the E-cig in their bar. But I simply cannot afford to do so. :(

elkie2331

Mar 14, 2010
Richmond TX
I have only been vaping for a few days and have not had a "real" cig in that time. I wanted a beer after a lousy shift at work so I went to another place to have a couple and the Bartender was great said they had a few vaping customers and when someone at the bar said make her put that out he said she is not smoking that is her inhaler. BEST BARTENDER EVER and yes I tipped him well.

RedRamen

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Banning CA
I sure am loving the acceptance of vaping in public more so than when I first started, i'd be embarassed to use it outside on the street back then, now it's simply second nature. All apart from one friend who calls it my "gay fake cigarette" sucks to be him I suppose with his marlboro reds eh?

Someone I know said "smoke a real cigarette like a man". Then I said "at least I'll still BE a man in 20 years... (Implying he was going to be dead from cancer)

Someone I know said "smoke a real cigarette like a man". Then I said "at least I'll still BE a man in 20 years... (Implying he was going to be dead from cancer)

Haha speaking of that, some big butch rugby playing jock type guy asked me what it was in a nightclub a week or so ago, so I told him.. and all he said in a sort of ...... off tone was "Why don't you just go out and smoke a real one?!"

Silly people, although one pub last night, I asked the landlord if I could vape inside, and he just said yes as he has one himself :D briiiilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread