At times I am glad I live in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letzin Hale

Moved On
Dec 28, 2008
I think the UK will get it on a local level before we get it country wide, the local licensing authority here think they are god and have banned all vaping/e-cigs in pubs in this area, I will challenge the decision though and hopefully others will too.

Please could you get some more info as to who exactly banned them, under which law or bylaw and on what grounds? I feel some media shaming in the wind........
Alan.

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
Well I can see karenscg's point, Glasgow made it illeagal to drink in parks and the streets, The scottish parliment made it illeagal to smoke in pubs, Glasgow then permited "Beer Gardens" in the street, Keith Ritchards was allowed to smoke indoors (in glasgow) now we have pubs that are "smoking reaserch centers".

I work for local government and so far I'm permitted to vape at my desk, I think this is mainly because no one complains.

Thankfully the polititions are too worried about covering their own ar*** to worry about e-cigs. Lets hear it for the freadom of information act.

PS. Thanks to the USA for comming up with the FOI in the first place

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I have relatives in the UK and have thought of relocating myself but y'all talk so funny and don't even use words like y'all or howdy :)

Now now, I'm just teasing...

It's true - two nations divided by a common language and all that. Is it obligatory to say "y'all" and "howdy" if you live in Texas?:)

karenrcg

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2008
Derbyshire, UK
Please could you get some more info as to who exactly banned them, under which law or bylaw and on what grounds? I feel some media shaming in the wind........
Alan.

I'm still waiting for the licensing officer to get back to me but my local landlord showed me the minutes from the last pubwatch meeting, I had to laugh at the comment from the licensing officer
" Although e-cigs are not illegal they may incite a disturbance"

What sort of reasoning is that!! I want to be the first person to cause a riot with an e-cig:evil:

MrLongbeard

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
England
Thankfully the polititions are too worried about covering their own ar*** to worry about e-cigs. Lets hear it for the freadom of information act.

Wait until they realise how much tax they're missing out on by those switching to these new fangled digitlal doobries :-x:-x they'll soon think of an effective levy to raise against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread