• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Atlanta, GA area E-Vapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maria_anne

Mar 31, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I definitely understand where you're coming from.
It's a little scary to put a chunk of your hard-earned money on something you have never even experienced.. at least, it definitely is for a college student! :p

This is how I see it though:

Most kiosk companies won't give you your money back on faulty or unwanted merchandise; they will only give you an exchange. Most reputable companies, like PS for example, offer at least a 14 day money-back guarantee on starter kits. Not only that, but judging from the personal experiences of many on this forum, kiosk companies seem to have sub-par products, whereas many people seem to have been very satisfied from many of the supported suppliers on this site.

Bottom line: I would rather try the "best-of-the-best" products and get my money back if I decide vaping isn't for me, than buy a less than stellar product (that may unnecessarily turn me off of vaping, since I have nothing else to compare it to) and be stuck with the junk.

Just my $.02! :)

Jeffrey

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Jeffrey.. if you bought any juices, were they good? Dietsmokes is one of the places I'd like to try juice from, but I'm gonna wait until I actually have my 901 in hand before I click "purchase". :p

I've tried the Janty vanilla, banana, and RY4 in high. Nice vapor with my 801. Not a big throat hit, nice n smooth. Lots of flavor.

maria_anne

Mar 31, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I've tried the Janty vanilla, banana, and RY4 in high. Nice vapor with my 801. Not a big throat hit, nice n smooth. Lots of flavor.

Awesome, thank you! I just placed an order yesterday with Dietsmokes for some empty 901 cartridges, since everyone seems to be depleted I jumped at the chance to buy a ton lol. I'll definitely try them out for some juice though once Parked has some more stock in.

wannavap3

Apr 4, 2009
I am in the cobb county area and am also new to e-cigs. I cant say I have actually vaped. My first product was from the kiosk in town center mall from smoking everywhere and it hardley vaped :(. They did turn me on to the e-cig idea. Too bad there product didnt work after bringing it home. Cause now I am trying to purchase from puresmoker.com and they are out of stock8-o I have heard great reviews on them so hopefully I will be able to purchase soon..... I wish they had a local vendor out here. I am so anxious i feel like a kid.... :lol: That will be me when I get to order.... lol...

Nicole

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I am in the cobb county area and am also new to e-cigs. I cant say I have actually vaped. My first product was from the kiosk in town center mall from smoking everywhere and it hardley vaped :(. They did turn me on to the e-cig idea. Too bad there product didnt work after bringing it home. Cause now I am trying to purchase from puresmoker.com and they are out of stock8-o I have heard great reviews on them so hopefully I will be able to purchase soon..... I wish they had a local vendor out here. I am so anxious i feel like a kid.... :lol: That will be me when I get to order.... lol...

Nicole

I've sent this information on my experience to other new members, so maybe it will be helpful to you. The best electronic vaporizer I have tried is the Screwdriver (SD). But I would suggest trying a 901 or M401 first before investing in the SD to make sure you like vaping. Hope you find this helpful:

I read this forum and looked at older forum threads for two weeks before I purchased my first electronic vaporizer.

My first electronic vaporizer was a blue DSE901 from Phil at e-Smokey Treats - Electronic Cigarette's, The healthy alternative to traditional tobacco cigarette's. Phil is a little more expensive than some suppliers but he provides a 3 month warranty instead of 14 days, gives you two atomizers instead of just one and provides a phone number where you can call him which most suppliers do not. Like all suppliers, the kit comes with two batteries and a charger. The battery will last about 2-3 hours before needing recharged although some users report getting 4-5 hours but that has not been my experience. His 901 starter kit is $69.95 where some other suppliers will sell them for $49.95 or $59.95 but without the extra’s that Phil provides. I would consider the DSE901 a good first purchase and it is about the size of a regular 100 cigarette. (If you purchase from Phil at e-smokey-treats.com, when it asks for a coupon code, use esmoking101 and you should get 10% off.)

Many users like the classic penstyle 801 model which has a larger atomizer and cart and a typical battery charge life of about 4-5 hours. The draw is lighter, more like a straw due to having 4 holes in the atomizer and the bigger cart. The 801 is larger and looks more like a big pen instead of regular cigarette. You can also purchase a USB pass-through for both the 901 and 801, which allows you to plug into a usb port on your computer and not have to worry about changing batteries. You can then purchase a portable battery pack for the usb pass-through such as this one from Kennsington (Kensington - Portable Power Pack for Select Mobile Devices - Black - K38021) and make your usb power portable. Make sure the power pack is at least 1000mAh power output.

Most users want an e-vap to provide the “throat hit” that is most like a real cigarette (analog as we call them) as well as long battery life. IMO, the only way to get that is to purchase a manual e-vape that allows you to push a button and heat up the atomizer more before you inhale. The one that does that the best is the screwdriver (SD) from trog at: - The ScrewDriver - An electronic cigarette that simply works. It is more expensive but it just can’t be beat for long battery life and throat hit. And my experience with trog has been outstanding. I have emailed him many times with questions and he almost always responds any where from 10 minutes to an hour or so.

IMO, the only way you will enjoy vaping is if you buy e-liquid or e-juice to refill your carts instead of use the prefilled cartridges that come with the starter kits. Plus it is way more cost effective. My favorite liquid to date is the riskee and cola flavors from Puresmoker: PureSmoker.com - Your #1 Source For PV's, Parts, & Accessories!. My recommendation is to get a little higher nicotine (nic) strength because you can always dilute it with USP glycerin that you can get at a drug store for $5 or $6. I use 24mg nic strength. The highest is 36mg and there is also 18, 11, 6 and 0. I also thought I would like the tobacco flavors the best, but in most cases, IMO, they don’t taste that similar to real tobacco. I do know that some forum members love e-smokey treats tobacco flavor, however.

Hope this helps and good luck.

PS: the smallest bottle of liquid is 10ml and usually costs $9.99. In general (everyone is different) you should get any where from 5-14 days out of that size bottle. And if you purchase from e-smokey treats, he usually does 10 cartridges instead of 5 which would give you another 5-10 days of vaping. In addition, you can wash out the fabric in the pre-filled cartridges and reuse them. The fabric is simply polyester batting which you can get enough for a year's worth for about $5 from Wal-Mart.

Here is a little more information. This is a link that provides information on most models of electronic vaporizers:

E-Cigarette Models

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Wow, thanks for all the great information wv2win. I actually was able to place an order with PS 2 days ago. I am hoping that I will recieve it soon although the order still says processing :-(.. I am so anxious to start vapping :)

Glad I could help. Let's us know how you progress. If you have more questions, just ask on the forum or send a PM.:)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I'm down in Jonesboro, GA. Picked up my first eCig from QuantumCig in Mall of Georgia. Cut my smoking habit down from 2/3 packs weekday/weekend to 3 to 5 a day tops. (need to find a good menthol and haven't been able to do it yet).

Glad you got an electronic vaporizer but sorry to see you got it from Quantum. They are so over priced. There 901 is $150 and you can get it on line for $50-$70. That is where I first saw them, also. If you really like vaping, when it is time to get another one, do yourself a favor and get a screwdriver. The manual switch with the bigger battery make all the difference in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread