Atlantis aspire problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oqasem

Feb 10, 2015
Chie
Hey all, I'm new to these forums and kind of new to vaping. I'm a heavy smoker and set mind on quiting. I couldn't just stop so I decided to try vaping. Long story short I picked up a hades mod and I bought an Atlantis Aspire head piece for it. No matter what I do it's always harsh. I can't take one hit without coughing and feeling a burning in my throat. I've done some research before hand but clearly not enough. I'm using a 50/50 juice. Where am I going wrong?

noneya382

Moved On
Feb 10, 2015
Manchester, TN, USA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: New ID of previously banned member

Oqasem

Feb 10, 2015
Chie
So these are photos of what I'm using if they're of any help. Also I did prime the coil before using.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423600742402.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423600742402.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 12
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423600762595.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423600762595.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 14
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423600784997.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423600784997.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 13

CampbellMC

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2014
NS, Canada
Yah a regulated mod will serve you nicely. I currently run my Atlantis between 22-27W on my Cloupor T8. Max VG, 3mg, nice and smooth. I found my 50/50 juice popped a lot more and gave a harsher draw. However if you burn that cotton any amount, it goes bad fast. I boiled my old coils in water for 20 minutes, and let air dry for 3 days, and it took the burnt taste out of the couple I have retried.

Vapistani

Jan 7, 2015
Vapistan
Hi,

Apologies if this seems slightly off topic but on the subject of wattage... I had a question around dual coils vs quad coils in respects wattage. Now bear with me here as I maybe misunderstanding this... Say you have two builds, one dual coil and one quad coil (Same gauge of Kanthal on both)... both builds weigh in at 0.3 ohms (as an example) and with a 4.2v battery it equates to 14 amps and 59 watts. On a dual coil 0.3 ohm build (24 gauge, 2mm ID, 9 wraps), 60 watts would give you a warm vape... But on a quad coil using the same kanthal and built to 0.3 ohms, would it require more wattage to get a similair warm vape? am I right in assuming the quad coil vape would a lot cooler?

Just genuinely curious and trying to understand what kind of load a quad coil setup would have on a battery. Feel free to correct any misunderstandings above.

Thanks.

Oqasem

Feb 10, 2015
Chie
I would just get a regulated mod because you would need a tube extension for the kick. I would recommend an ipv mini. It goes up to 30w (70w for the ipv mini 2) and it's a good device.
I figured out my problem. Turns out I bought the Atlantis aspire with a bad atomizer. I popped in the extra one and it's fine now. Me and my luck. I ordered an ipv mini 2 though. Very excited for it to come in.

• Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

siapaya

Jan 29, 2015
Jakarta, Indonesia
I figured out my problem. Turns out I bought the Atlantis aspire with a bad atomizer. I popped in the extra one and it's fine now. Me and my luck. I ordered an ipv mini 2 though. Very excited for it to come in.

As a beginner 22 days a go, I also sometimes forget to do one most important thing of Atlantis procedure.

Prime it. Prime it again. Wait. Prime it. Waiting. Prime again. Hold your self. Ok, it's 1 hour. Suck it without firing. Prime. Good, it's 2 hour. Do it. Then it's all yours.

I don't know with others, but my regular atomizer always tooks hours to prime ( PG60/40 ). If I use max VG, maybe it can took me forever 3 hours.

Now that I rewick with organic cotton, the priming time ( suck, wait, suck, wait, shake ) also hovering between 1hr to 2hrs.

Once I waited only for 5 minute with 1-2 prime sucking, then I can really feel that something was burning. The vapor makes my throat itchy and it does taste suck.

Some members here posted about the same thing, that he need to prime the coil for hours before it's nice to use, but some are didnt. So I guess, it's a dice roll game for all of us.

Thanksss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread