Atlantis Burnt Hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanley1994

Jul 9, 2015
I've got a Sigelei 150 with an Atlantis tank that I've had no real complaints with up till now. 60w has kind of been my sweet spot for vaping with the setup, pushing 4.2 volts at 0.3 ohms. But lately I've been getting constant dry, nasty hits that give an intense burn all the way down my throat. Will replacing the coils solve this completely or is the problem deeper than that? I don't think the PG/VG of the juice is affecting it because before this problem started I was vaping 80/20 juice and it hit fine. I have a closer ratio now and the burnt hits are constant.

Does anybody have any theories on this, or do I just simply need to get the coils replaced and be fine?

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Was it 80PG/20VG juice or 80VG/20PG juice? VG is much thicker than PG, so if it was working fine with 80PG juice, it naturally will not wick as fast if you switch to 50/50 juice. Also, as the coil gets gunked up with use, it will not wick as well either. It may be a sign that your coil needs to be replaced.

Reactions: DoctorJ

Sanctuary Denied

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Vancouver, Wa
I have that exact setup as one of my all day devices.
I usually run my .3 ohm coils around 50w.
I use juices that range 70VG/30PG to 90VG/20PG.
Depending on the juice I can use between 30-90 ml before changing my cois.
As the coil starts to fade I lower the wattage slowly until I hit about 45w then I swap it out.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread