ATLANTIS head at 1.5 ohms lol Need help getting it down to 1.0ohm (I am new to this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamShower

Mar 17, 2015
Windsor ON
I purchased an Atlantis tank for my first tank and realized quickly that these tanks burn up juice so quickly and go through coils rather quickly. I was sick of buying $4-5 coils every 4-5 days. So I decided to borrow some cotton and wire from a friend and wrap my own micro coils. I used 28g Kenthal around a 2.5mm pin for 8 wraps with Ko Gen Do cotton for wicking.

Super easy to do and cost maybe 3 cents worth of material lol

I only had 28 gauge (Next time I will use 26 or 24 to lower the resistance.

Anyways I am very proud at how this turned out. It wicks nicely and no leaks/flooding/gurgleing.

I have the Atlantis set at the smallest air hole with a tighter draw drip tip at about 10-11watts. Now I can take mouth to lungs with decent vapor and nice throat hit off my Atlantis. The taste is right up there with kayfuns or other RTAs.

Did I just just put a 4 cylinder engine in a lambo? maybe.... HAHAHA

One proud newbie right here.

Does anyone know what kind of wire I should use for 8 wraps around a 2.5mm bit? to get 0.6-1.0 ohms?

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
COILING CALCULATOR

Here are a few links for you regarding building coils and getting the resistance just where you want it:
1. Steam Engine
2. Coil Toy Calculator

Make sure to check your build with an ohm reader or DMM before putting it on your mod and firing it.

The Steam Engine is much more than just a coil calculator. I consider it my "All in One" vaping calculator.
Check out State-O-Flux's blog: Steam Engine: From Basic Use to Advanced Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread