Rebuilding Atlantis coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonez

Jan 31, 2015
Modesto, CA. usa
Since I bought the atlantis, I've kept every used coil after buying a new one and Idk why because I never thought of rebuilding one since I don't have the time or patience or experience ever building anything vapor related. I also soon realized I don't have the money to pay $5 a pop either. So, It became a good reason I had kept all those used coils and thought I'd give it a try after watching a few videos. Most videos are the same, using NEW kanthal and of course new wick material. Built it just like them using 26 gauge kanthal and Japanese cotton. Ohm tester would be jumpy and long story short...they didn't work smoothly as hoped. But, I came across a YouTube video By James Martin which shows you to reuse the stock coil after cleaning and basically reforming it. Your just rewicking. In a nutshell regular kanthal is not made the same as the stock coil as mentioned in the video with more detailed info. I do recommend using Japanese cotton pads like he does...it's much easier to get a good wrap. Around here it's hard to find and of course more expensive but I have enough pads to last until Im 6 feet deep and have already saved a ton of money and trips to the vape shop making my own. Now I said I'm not experienced in building anything vape related and I'm sure some vape heads reading this will think I'm a dummy in some ways but if your like me and want to save money, novice in the vape world then watch the video.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread