Atlantis V1 coils have changed for the worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

zee63

Jan 3, 2016
Hi. I've been vaping for about 3 years now. Have been in love with my Aspire Atlantis tank and CF sub-ohm battery. Until now. With the V2 on market the .5 coils have changed. The visible difference is the wickholes are about double-sized. The cloud and throat hit have been cut in half. I feel like I'm sucking air. I've been scraping through site after site trying to get an explanation why it was changed and am finally trying posting my question to the community. I'm as invested as I can be and cannot afford changing battery or tanks. Would going up to 1.0 coil help? What can I do?

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
i have used fasttech for a number of orders, overall satisfied with them - they do take a while (should be called slowboat), but pricing is excellent, generally - i would suggest the USPS first class e-packet shipping option (the fedex smartpost one sucks)...

in regards to postponing the problem, unfortunately, it kind of is what it is - unless the consumer market significantly supports the v1 atlantis coils, availability is going to dwindle, overall - personally, i wasn't a big fan of the v1 coils and very much prefer the v2 and triton coils, but i tend to vape higher vg and prefer the superior wicking capability of the v2/ tritons

may be time to look into learning a little about coil building and dial in your preferences on something like a lemo, lemo 2 rta - the cloupor a1 might be another good option, if you prefer tighter airflow

good luck, sister!

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Welcome to ECF!

I use Atlantis IIs, I have four of them. I wonder if this change is across the board for all atomizer/coils?

What I would do due to the larger holes is try dry vaping the tank every time before you hit the box mod to take a draw. That may draw e-liquid in to the cotton and keep you from getting a dry hit. You may not be hitting it hard enough after the coil has been powered up and the flow has to be there to not obtain a dry hit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread