Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.pepper12

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
UK
Hi guys,
Just got my ego twist.
Im looking to upgrade my Clearomiser from this 'h2' thing off eBay.
Not entirely sure what will fit onto it.

Looking for something which is less than £15.
Im using Hangsen liquid.

Looking for something that will last me a while (heads up as to what will need replacing would be helpful)

Seen something's which need a plinth to use with the twist. I'm happy to have a big tank on top. That doesn't bother me.

Would love some advice from people using various tanks on their twists.

Not sure if Hangsen have this issue but I've read about cracking. Obviously I want something to avoid this issue in the future.

Cheers :D

Atlatlien

Feb 17, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I have a Kanger T3S that was leaking until I gave it a good cleaning and made sure the O rings were properly placed. I just got a mini Protank II which is about half the capacity, and so far it's great. I would recommend either although while I thought my T3S was Pyrex, but I just read in another thread that they're poly plastic and will crack with the more acidic liquids. I'm not sure as I didn't buy it. Maybe my buddy who gave it to me was able to replace it with pyrex? Not sure.

The mini Protank II should be near your price range. It cost me about $20, not sure of the exchange rate.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Cheers guys - not sure what ohms i should be going for?
Dont really understand the benefits of each different ohm?

Flavors varies with wattage. Strong flavors require more wattage and light flavors need less wattage.

Voltage and ohms decides the wattage. Stay in the dark green, green, purple areas below for best results.

Ohn8o.png

http://i.imgur.com/Ohn8o.png

When your voltage is fixed, then you need to vary the ohms to get the right wattage for your flavor.

When you have a variable voltage battery - like the Twist, then it doesn't matter what ohms your coil is because you vary the voltage to get the right wattage.

That said, a good 2.2 -2.4v ohm coil with the T3S for example, will do well with a Twist without creating stress that a lower ohm coil might.

mobocracy

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Minneapolis
When you have a variable voltage battery - like the Twist, then it doesn't matter what ohms your coil is because you vary the voltage to get the right wattage.

I'd like to see that blind tested. I'm curious if equivalent power for combinations of different voltage and resistance actually results in equivalent vaping, or if there's some other phenomenon going on with higher resistance/higher voltage combos vs. lower resistance/lower voltage combos.

On paper it seems like they should be the same, especially considering the fairly small differences in resistance and voltage we're talking about, but somehow it seems like there might be some other effect like the time-to-heat or something.

charlieS

Oct 7, 2013
N. California
Kanger EVOD. Love this little thing. Works great on my EGO C - Twist 1000mAh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

That's my main setup now. I have 2 Twists and the EVOD I picked up for testing. Have already cleaned the wick and dry-fired...once cleaned up it works as new. I do have some replacement wicks, but have yet to use one after a week and one cleaning. Really like this combo and no reason to change other than possibly moving up to the next EVOD clearomizer. Pyrex would be nice, but so far this is doing the job nicely.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
That's my main setup now. I have 2 Twists and the EVOD I picked up for testing. Have already cleaned the wick and dry-fired...once cleaned up it works as new. I do have some replacement wicks, but have yet to use one after a week and one cleaning. Really like this combo and no reason to change other than possibly moving up to the next EVOD clearomizer. Pyrex would be nice, but so far this is doing the job nicely.

I'm a big fan of the Evod clearomizers. I used them with my first ego starter kit, then with my Vision Spinners, and now I'm using them with my nifty MVP 2. I love it that I can use the Evods on any of my devices. I keep them filled with different juices and rotate throughout the day. If I'm just dashing out in the car for a short errand, I frequently pick up one of my Spinners and put the Evod on it. Easy to put in my purse and lighter weight than my MVP for a short trip.

I keep being tempted about using different tanks when I read posts here on ECF. But then I read that all tanks have problems from time to time, and I don't click that "Buy" button. I'm on a fixed income and cost is a factor in my vaping. Some of the tanks are very pricey, $12 to $15, and then the coils/heads for them are about $3 each. I think I will stick with my Evods for now. If it works, don't fix it!:)

Zee2006

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread