Atomizer/Cartomizer Differences

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
I use the eGo/Riva setup, although I am waiting for the arrival of a big battery mod. I can't help but notice that there are adapters to take them to different styles (or are they thread sizes?) like the 510 to the 801 (same as a KR808?) or 901 and some that are threaded the same but have different number designations, like the 306 which apparently fits an 510. Is there an inherent difference in them other than the number? It's said that the 306 is great for dripping, apparently because of the higher bridge design. Do the others excel at a particular aspect, such as being great for flavor, vapor production, warmth, throat hit, etc.? Thanks!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
SimpleSins:I use the eGo/Riva setup, although I am waiting for the arrival of a big battery mod. I can't help but notice that there are adapters to take them to different styles (or are they thread sizes?)

Various things that distinguish - thread sizes, male/female connection, whether there are cutouts for air channel on the batt or atty/carto.

like the 510 to the 801 (same as a KR808?)

No

or 901

similar to KR808d-1 but some differences. 901 attys work on the KR8 but not all cartomizers work on the 901 because of air flow.

and some that are threaded the same but have different number designations, like the 306 which apparently fits an 510. Is there an inherent difference in them other than the number?

Yes. The 306 atomizer is entirely different - exposed, the 510 is inside the atty chamber.

It's said that the 306 is great for dripping, apparently because of the higher bridge design.

Actually they're good for 'dipping' - you can dip the atty bridge right into the ejuice - usually poured in a contac lens container for that purpose.

Do the others excel at a particular aspect, such as being great for flavor, vapor production, warmth, throat hit, etc.? Thanks!

Those are some of the claims. I find dipping especially to be not worth the process for whatever difference is perceived by others. I have tried it and the flavor is a bit different but flavor intensity is more about the actual ejuice and flavoring and the wattage rather than one particular type of atomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread