The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Atomizer Connector Plating - Need advice...

Discussion in 'Atomizers and Cartridges' started by loft, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. loft

loft Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    I have a couple atomizers that inherently taste like a tire fire after a couple days use. I've noticed, after two or three days use, the plating on the 510 connector starts to wear down... could this be the cause of the bad taste? And if so, can anyone suggest a way to remove this without damaging the coil/wick/bridge?

2. loft

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    Anyone? lol...

3. twohandedcreations

twohandedcreations Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2011
    orlando florida
    Ive never noticed a bad taste when this happens...

4. washvap

washvap Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2011
    wa
    Sounds like you've been chain vaping a bit too much. Without giving it a rest after about 5 hits or so. This can lead to a burnt wick (if you didn't de-wick it). Which can leave a lingering burnt flavor. Also, explains why the plating on your connector is wearing off.

Another possibility is that there's gunk build up on the coil. So, a simple de-wicking, cleaning, and bry burn will solve your problem. Make sure you get all the gunk off or you'll be wondering why this didn't work for you.

5. loft

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    I haven't been chain vaping on them. I was taking a hit every 5+ minutes. It might be gummed up, but they have less than three hours of use on them. Last one I had never needed to be cleaned, blew it out 1x per day before bed. I dunno, just seems strange to happen like this. Juice is light/clear (IkenVape PG RY4) *shrug*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.