Atomizer Connector Plating - Need advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
I have a couple atomizers that inherently taste like a tire fire after a couple days use. I've noticed, after two or three days use, the plating on the 510 connector starts to wear down... could this be the cause of the bad taste? And if so, can anyone suggest a way to remove this without damaging the coil/wick/bridge?

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Sounds like you've been chain vaping a bit too much. Without giving it a rest after about 5 hits or so. This can lead to a burnt wick (if you didn't de-wick it). Which can leave a lingering burnt flavor. Also, explains why the plating on your connector is wearing off.

Another possibility is that there's gunk build up on the coil. So, a simple de-wicking, cleaning, and bry burn will solve your problem. Make sure you get all the gunk off or you'll be wondering why this didn't work for you.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
I haven't been chain vaping on them. I was taking a hit every 5+ minutes. It might be gummed up, but they have less than three hours of use on them. Last one I had never needed to be cleaned, blew it out 1x per day before bed. I dunno, just seems strange to happen like this. Juice is light/clear (IkenVape PG RY4) *shrug*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread