Atomizer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

expat

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Arkansas
Quick question..I received my DSE901 kit in the post a few days ago. I think I have something going on with the atomizer.

When I look in at it, there was what appeared to be a bit of the filler stuck to the bridge. Out with the tiny tweezers, but it doesn't look at all like the filler, more like strands of some sort of fiber, and the ends of a few of those looks scorched.

Anyone know what this is? I haven't tried to use it since, I just switched to the spare I ordered.

I am still using the prefilled cartridges that came with it.

I don't know if this is the case with yours but some atomizers have a wick like material that intertwines with the coil inside of it and then comes up and wraps under the base of where it seats into the atomizer itself. In some atomizers it can become frayed and when it does it will burn when you take a drag, causing it to blacken and fray even more before usually it will clog one side or both sides of the atomizer. Some people opt to remove their wick and use it for dripping but it's up to you.

EDIT: cskent beat me to it. ;)

Well It's wont really hurt you, it may give a burnt taste once in awhile though. Once it starts fraying there's not much you can do other then keep using it till it dies or just remove it all together like suggest above. In my experiences it will eventually clog and you'll have to then remove it anyways. As for how long until that happens is anyone's guess.

expat

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Arkansas
I guess I will send them an email ..I just thought for some reason it would last a little longer than it has. Arrived here Wednesday so really only 4 days old. Glad I did get the one spare anyway.

Better order some others as well.

And my juice arrived today, I had three packages in the letterbox with goodies so it was just like Christmas...honestly some of these smell good enough to eat! :D

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Does anyone know why the wicks start to fray? Is it something I am doing ? Not doing ?

If I am only going to get a couple of days out of an atty it will get a bit expensive.

A little fraying will not hurt your atty, so long as you keep it damp with juice. It will not burn, as it's made out of silicone and you atty will not get hot enough to burn silicone. Any darkning you see would be juice being carmelized / burnt and would indicate you're letting it get a bit too dry. Dripping some straight PG or VG in and heating it up, blow it out and give it some flavor, vape on.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread