Atomizer recommendation for Joyetech Evic VT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiktsu

Jul 3, 2019
Nicaragua
I'm pretty new into vaping, and a few weeks ago I got my Joyetech Evic VT, which so far I love it! but the ego one tank has given me so much trouble (getting stucked, etc), also I believe I just damaged it or anything since I did so many things to unstuck it.

I'm planning into getting my self a new tank, but I don't even know what works with it or how to know if a tank will work in it or not, any recommendations? If you can post a link from fasttech to directly purchase it, I will really appreciate it.

Thank guys!!

Reactions: stols001

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
I'm pretty new into vaping, and a few weeks ago I got my Joyetech Evic VT, which so far I love it! but the ego one tank has given me so much trouble (getting stucked, etc), also I believe I just damaged it or anything since I did so many things to unstuck it.

I'm planning into getting my self a new tank, but I don't even know what works with it or how to know if a tank will work in it or not, any recommendations? If you can post a link from fasttech to directly purchase it, I will really appreciate it.

Thank guys!!
Any 510 tank should work, but I wouldn't be surprised if one odd ball existed that didn't. What style of Vape do you want? Big clouds? Large tank? Something flashy with lights in it?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Thank guys!!

Don't give up on the eGo One tank! It's still one of my favorites! Which one did you get? Regular size? Mega? I'm a great fan of the megas because they are so dependable and the capacity is just right for me. Just throw away the coils that tank came with--most of them are garbage. Get yourself a 5-pack of CLR coils (the R stands for rebuildable). Those coils come in two resistances: the 1Ω CLR coils are better suited for mouth to lung vaping, while the .5Ω ones are better for restricted lung vaping. Those coils are ready to use straight from the box, but they can also be rewicked, dry burned and reused many times. They can also be rebuilt--which prolongs their life considerably.

$8.92 Authentic Joyetech eGo ONE CLR Coil Head (5-Pack) - 1ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Check this thread for more information--many satisfied customers. I've been using my eGo One Mega tanks for years and never get tired of them!

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
What're the top 3 MTL RTA's?
Suggest forgetting FT this one, go for quality:
Kanger Toptank Mini
The atomizer is the heart of your vaping system.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I feel your pain, I just couldn't handle the Ego Mega V2 tanks either. They are finicky. They break. If you like the COIL, there are a list of other tanks that take it so go to that thread and ask.

I don't do fasttech links but either the Innoken Zenith or the Nautlius 2S should suffice. Lots of coil options, easy going.

Good luck,

Anna

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
What're the top 3 MTL RTA's?
Suggest forgetting FT this one, go for quality:
Kanger Toptank Mini
The atomizer is the heart of your vaping system.

Agreed. Kangertech Toptank and Subtank mini are very dependable and versatile tanks and also give you an option to rebuild with their included rebuildable coil.

The OP is in Nicaragua, so I'll include Fasttech links--the quality is the same and the international shipping is free: :)

$24.10 Authentic KangerTech Toptank Mini Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer - 4ml / 0.5ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$24.80 Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK Mini Clearomizer - 4.5ml / 0.5ohm (15-30W) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Keiktsu

Jul 3, 2019
Nicaragua
Don't give up on the eGo One tank! It's still one of my favorites! Which one did you get? Regular size? Mega? I'm a great fan of the megas because they are so dependable and the capacity is just right for me. Just throw away the coils that tank came with--most of them are garbage. Get yourself a 5-pack of CLR coils (the R stands for rebuildable). Those coils come in two resistances: the 1Ω CLR coils are better suited for mouth to lung vaping, while the .5Ω ones are better for restricted lung vaping. Those coils are ready to use straight from the box, but they can also be rewicked, dry burned and reused many times. They can also be rebuilt--which prolongs their life considerably.

$8.92 Authentic Joyetech eGo ONE CLR Coil Head (5-Pack) - 1ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Check this thread for more information--many satisfied customers. I've been using my eGo One Mega tanks for years and never get tired of them!

Thank you very much! I have the 4ml tank, and I saw a video that recommends those exact coils in order to prevent leaking, I will be getting my self those coils.

Keiktsu

Jul 3, 2019
Nicaragua
Agreed. Kangertech Toptank and Subtank mini are very dependable and versatile tanks and also give you an option to rebuild with their included rebuildable coil.

The OP is in Nicaragua, so I'll include Fasttech links--the quality is the same and the international shipping is free: :)

$24.10 Authentic KangerTech Toptank Mini Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer - 4ml / 0.5ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$24.80 Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK Mini Clearomizer - 4.5ml / 0.5ohm (15-30W) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Thank you! I really like those tanks, specially its design, I think I will be sticking with the ego one for a while, I wanna give a try to those coils that you recommended to me, actually I just bought them XD.

Another quick question, what's the difference between the TI and NI coils? I know that the NI is the blue one and red one is the TI, but which is better?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Another quick question, what's the difference between the TI and NI coils? I know that the NI is the blue one and red one is the TI, but which is better?

Ti is Titanium, Ni is Nickel. Those are for temperature control vaping ONLY! they also come with the large (3.5 mm diameter) airflow hole under the coil. I suggest you try the the plain 1Ω coils I linked, at least for starters, and learn how to use them correctly in wattage mode. Then you can advance to temperature control, if you so choose. I use only regular 1Ω coil for wattage mode, so I can't tell you how good those TC coils are, but if you want to know more, I suggest you ask your questions in the eGo one CLR thread . You'll probably get better answers there.

Keiktsu

Jul 3, 2019
Nicaragua
Ti is Titanium, Ni is Nickel. Those are for temperature control vaping ONLY! they also come with the large (3.5 mm diameter) airflow hole under the coil. I suggest you try the the plain 1Ω coils I linked, at least for starters, and learn how to use them correctly in wattage mode. Then you can advance to temperature control, if you so choose. I use only regular 1Ω coil for wattage mode, so I can't tell you how good those TC coils are, but if you want to know more, I suggest you ask your questions in the eGo one CLR thread . You'll probably get better answers there.

Yes! I just bought the one you linked to me, and yes when I use my Evic VT I only use it Wattage mode, I never use it in temp mode, haven't tried the TI coil yet, just the Ni.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yes! I just bought the one you linked to me, and yes when I use my Evic VT I only use it Wattage mode, I never use it in temp mode, haven't tried the TI coil yet, just the Ni.

Right. Besides, the Ti and Ni coils are CL coils, and I didn't care for the regular CL (non-rebuildable) coils so I skipped them altogether. However, I have recoiled my CLR coils with stainless steel wire and they work great in TC. But that's for later, when/if you choose to make your own coils! :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can't vape nickel OR titanium in wattage mode they give off nasty biproducts when overheated.

You may think as a new vaper "my coils aren't overheating." I guarantee you there are times they are.

You can use stainless steel and kanthal in wattage mode. Not the other two.

So that means learning TC (too late in the day for me) or saving those coils for when you are ready.

Anna

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019

From what I hear
You can't vape nickel OR titanium in wattage mode they give off nasty biproducts when overheated.

You may think as a new vaper "my coils aren't overheating." I guarantee you there are times they are.

So that means learning TC (too late in the day for me) or saving those coils for when you are ready.

Anna
Yeah. Ni would straight melt. You'd have a puddle of metal in your tank. Ti would oxidize. TiO is toxic, not sure why, but I see no need to use either. Ss316 is plentiful and cheap, and if I'd want to get really fancy, I could get 304 or 430, of NiFe. Those with Nicole allergies, or aversion to aluminum, well, stick to platinum wire only... Kanthal? I'd never touch it... Aluminum isn't something I'd want any where near a heating element I'm vaping on.

• Agree

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yeah. Ni would straight melt. You'd have a puddle of metal in your tank. Ti would oxidize. TiO is toxic, not sure why, but I see no need to use either. Ss316 is plentiful and cheap, and if I'd want to get really fancy, I could get 304 or 430, of NiFe.

Not to be argumentative, but thousands if not millions of vapers have been using Ni and Ti coils for TC vaping quite successfully. I even know a lady who was a beta tester for Evolv--she has severe nickel allergy and had to use gloves while winding coils, but had no problems vaping Ni coils in TC. It's all rather complicated and not clearly understood yet.

And stainless steel is an alloy, so you get all kinds of other metals in your ss coils depending which alloy you're using. Just saying. :)
Kanthal? I'd never touch it... Aluminum isn't something I'd want any where near a heating element I'm vaping on.

Ahem. Gently heated Kanthal wire forms a protective alumina oxide scale which is not conductive and protects you from any metal transfer to your vape. Now, if misused, overheated, dry burned at very high temperatures or reused too many times, that protective layer me disintegrate, so you have to be careful, but I've had great success and zero problems with Kanthal coils that I know of. Been using Kanthal coils for years.

If you are still curious, you may find this post (actually, the entire thread) illuminating--old one but well worth reading.

The end of microcoils?

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Not to be argumentative, but thousands if not millions of vapers have been using Ni and Ti coils for TC vaping quite successfully. I even know a lady who was a beta tester for Evolv--she has severe nickel allergy and had to use gloves while winding coils, but had no problems vaping Ni coils in TC. It's all rather complicated and not clearly understood yet.

And stainless steel is an alloy, so you get all kinds of other metals in your ss coils depending which alloy you're using. Just saying. :)

Ahem. Gently heated Kanthal wire forms a protective alumina oxide scale which is not conductive and protects you from any metal transfer to your vape. Now, if misused, overheated, dry burned at very high temperatures or reused too many times, that protective layer me disintegrate, so you have to be careful, but I've had great success and zero problems with Kanthal coils that I know of. Been using Kanthal coils for years.

If you are still curious, you may find this post (actually, the entire thread) illuminating--old one but well worth reading.

The end of microcoils?
Yes. I was referring to Ni and Ti in non-tc mode. As for aluminium, I was merely pointing out that arguments can be made against any metal.

Keiktsu

Jul 3, 2019
Nicaragua

Anna
I didn't actually know that, Im been vaping with the Ni coil in Wattage mode all this long but only at 21 watt, because if I increase it to 35 or 40 it gives a horrible throat hit which hurts a bunch xD, actually when I try to use it in the "Temp Ni mode" it just doesnt work, I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong

• Optimistic

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I didn't actually know that, Im been vaping with the Ni coil in Wattage mode all this long but only at 21 watt, because if I increase it to 35 or 40 it gives a horrible throat hit which hurts a bunch xD, actually when I try to use it in the "Temp Ni mode" it just doesnt work, I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong
Hola,
If using it in TC mode, you would be best served to lower the watts to approx 35-40 (similar to wattage mode) and set temperature at 420F +/- with a max of 450F.
Joye devices often default to MAX wattage when switched into TC mode.

HTH
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread