atomizer to cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

partywootdgr

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
California
sooo im using 3.0 cartomizers and iam going to purchase a artomizer. the resistence on the atomizers vary from 1.8 2.5 and 3.5 so which should i buy in order to achieve the similar vape as my 3.0 cartomizer? im basically purchasing a atomizer to try out different flavors and use up remaining juices i dont have enough of to fill a carto with. also im using my smoktech sid and vamo at 9watts , which is satifying to me , but since reading up on the difference between resistences is it really just preference on standard resistence on cartos as oppose to lower resistence? sorry for rambling ive been researching but i cant find a definitive answer lol . Thanks as always =):vapor:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Hi partywootdgr, you'll be fine with any atomizer 1.5ohms and higher. Because your device is VV / VW, you can adjust it (if using the VV mode) or it will self-adjust (if using VW) to output 9 watts no matter what resistance the topper you use.

Lower resistance atomizers, cartos and other toppers really come in to play more with a fixed voltage battery.

Saying that, I personally would recommend an atty around 1.5 - 1.8 ohms - simply because this will give you more ability to adjust the voltage before maxing out your device.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
It really is preference. Really, no matter where your 'sweet-spot' is, changing resistances will just produce and different temperature. The lower the resistance the warmer the vapor will be. I like 2-2.5 Ohm's. Even on the coils I build, I keep them around 2 Ohms. That is just what I like though.

It may be wise to get a drip atomizer. An RDA might also be a better way to go for you. That way you're not spending the money to play around with different coils. That way you can know for yourself. No one is going to be able to tell you what you like best. If you can spend the money on an RDA and want to get into that, do it. By atomizers, do you mean clearomizers or dripping atomizers? I'd go with dripping ones regardless if I was going to build coils or not. I'm not too appreciative of atomizer tanks/clearomizers.

partywootdgr

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
California

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
That's the beauty of the VW, it doesn't matter. 1.5, 2, 2.5 will all be fine. Set it at 9 watts and it will adjust the voltage for you to make it a 9 watt vape.
Also, if it's a little hot, you can turn it down, if it's a little cool, you can turn it up.

I don't think I've ever seen a 1.5 atty vary by .2ohms by the way, but I take cyberwolfs point, if you want, go for a 1.8ohm atty or a 2.

partywootdgr

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
California
That's the beauty of the VW, it doesn't matter. 1.5, 2, 2.5 will all be fine. Set it at 9 watts and it will adjust the voltage for you to make it a 9 watt vape.
Also, if it's a little hot, you can turn it down, if it's a little cool, you can turn it up.

I don't think I've ever seen a 1.5 atty vary by .2ohms by the way, but I take cyberwolfs point, if you want, go for a 1.8ohm atty or a 2.

thanks guys ya i went with the 2.5 just to try it out . its mostly going to be for juice tasting. eventually i want to get into rebuildables but im not that experienced yet. what cool is a shop about 30 minutes from my town offers free classes every wednesday on how to do rebuildables which im going to go to . it seems fun . one more question because i just bought my vamo and sid. can you use rebuidables on those? i keep hearing you have to use a mech mod for rebuldables and i dont wanna buy another mod if i dont have to at the moment ya know? thanks again you guys are super patient and helpful to us newbies :vapor:

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
you are so welcome! And good luck on your Search for Vap heaven!

FYI. I use my RDA on ego and VAMO 3. I don't go down too low on Ohm. I don't see the need for it. (YET? :p)

I have been using the original coils (from the package) for 3 months and its still in great shape as I only use it to taste.

Cheers from Beautiful Bay area.

partywootdgr

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
California
you are so welcome! And good luck on your Search for Vap heaven!

FYI. I use my RDA on ego and VAMO 3. I don't go down too low on Ohm. I don't see the need for it. (YET? :p)

I have been using the original coils (from the package) for 3 months and its still in great shape as I only use it to taste.

Cheers from Beautiful Bay area.

Nice! and what omh do you have with it? which rda? thats awesome you still have it after 3 months! funny you say bay area im on the very edge of the bay area near davis lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread