Atty advice for variable voltage PV

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapNfool

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Texas
Hey Peeps. Need some input here to help me out. I just ordered a ProVape Provari variable voltage PV (3.3 - 6V). I also will be using the Super T VapeMate top feeder with their stainless drip tip and will prolly try modding any attys I get by "de"-meshing, wicking, and bridging. I was wondering, in everyone's opinion...what would be the best attys to run on this bad boy?

Can't decide if I want to get some HR stuff to run at 5-6v or try the regular atty ohms at around 5v. Also, I was tossing around the idea of getting some LR Cisco 306s and 510s to run at lower voltages as well to get good vapes. I'm open to have all three ranges to test em out but wanted to hear from all you pros and verterans out there who have way more experience with attys than I do. I need a good starting point. Cost is not a problem. Here's my order of priorties:

1. Flavor/Vapor (kinda equal with maybe a bit more emphasis on flavor)
2. TH (this isn't really a big deal to me since I know it will be better than my VaporKing regardless)

Thanks mucho grassy ...!! VapNfool...out.

IOU

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Laguna Beach, California
Maybe best to do some reviews around Ohms Law. There are many great threads if you do a search but I could recommend;
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartomizer-issues/111060-carto-master-thread-just-facts-maam-no-chit-chat-please.html#post1687242
And maybe;
Online Conversion - Ohm's Law Calculator
for a good start. Many people that know much more than I recommend around 8 watts is the perfect vape. I personally have tried much higher wattages, but I don't like the hot vapor and burnt taste I get over 8 watts.

Last edited:

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
I've read through here quite a bit and this is what I've read:

- HR attys have a larger coil. This makes sense, because it would take more material to make it higher resistance.
- A larger coil will vaporize more juice faster than a smaller coil at the same wattage use

The end result is more flavor and vapor at a given wattage in a HR atty than a LR. I haven't personally verified any of this, and still use the same attys with my ProVari as I did with my eGo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread