Status
Not open for further replies.

Jermania

Moved On
Jun 18, 2012
Valhalla
I just got home from work and was getting ready to order some bobas and some new attys. Unfortunately they are out of the 306 and 501 LR attys, and I was wondering how the SR attys will work out on my little batteries and on my EGO. The atty I have been using is from the Mystic PCC AVE sells and Im not sure what the resistance is on it, but it works great. If that one is SR, then that is what I want. I am totally new to direct dripping and it has taken me 100s of mls of juice to figure out that I have to vape through attys to taste Bobas and GJs which are the only juices I care to vape.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
SR atties arent going to provide much flavor or vapor unless your battery is fully charged and unless its a twist youre going to notice a gradual drop in flavor during the day....Im told that the twists drop off rather suddenly at the end of the batteries charge.

IMO 1.7ohm atties are perfect on 3.7 volt devices if they are regulated.If youre in a bind order from another vendor Im sure AVE will forgive you. I use Smoktek.com for my atties because AVE doesnt carry pre-punched tank cartos with a flange.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
I don't think AVE is selling to vendors yet so they're all gonna be out for a while. Since you'll be ordering from different places do yourself a favor and try rebuildable attys. I use the Bulldog from okcvapes for Boba's and it is heaven. It is a Phoenix clone and there's lots of help in the RBA section if you need it. Gonna try their A7 next time I order there, it has center air hole and adjustable center post. There's a tiny learning curve but well worth it.

wolandepiphanius

Darth Wolandvader
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA
I have GJ loaded on a Birkshire rebuildable with ss mesh, and it tastes great. Haven't tried ss mesh with Boba's or Bees Knees (those are the only juices I have) yet, but I am planning on putting Bees Kness on a DID clone with ss mesh. I'll report what I find, if anyone is interested.

The GJ with ss mesh seems to give GJ a "cleaner" taste, and yes I know taste is subjective, and what I mean by that is I can seem to be getting the full range of flavor in it. I hope that makes sense.

Jermania

Moved On
Jun 18, 2012
Valhalla
I must admit I am a bit intimidated by the rebuildables. My intentions are to keep my vaping as practical as possible. To be honest I am a total noob when it comes to attys, and I have only tried 510s so far. As I progress along I am sure I will get to rebuildables, and I know I am on the right track, not to mention prices keep going down with time. Thanks for the advice everyone

gordong11

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2012
Delray Beach, FL (SE FL)
If you have the means, and looking for a dripping atty, get an avidvaper.com Cisco HH357 Long barrel 2.0ohm. Also get a 510 to 510 adapter and a drip shield. eGo's tend to die when dripping because juice gets into battery over time. I suggest a drip shield. or get get Cisco spec 306 2.0ohm with XL drip tip same adapter and drip shield.

I just did a review here for Boba's and the new Vision Stardust with replaceable coil heads (coils can be rebuilt as well). I find the flavor and vapor outstanding on my eGo. Must be genuine Vision brand, Discount vapers and gotvapes sells them among many others. For 6 bucks give it a try, just unwrap the wicks and fill. I am a huge boba's fan and a fanatic when it comes to flavor, wouldn't recommend it if it wasn't good for me. Much better than a Vivi Nova.

Last edited:

Jermania

Moved On
Jun 18, 2012
Valhalla
Ya, I have the Vivi Nova and the newest vision clearos. I used the 1.8 head i received with my nova to replace the coil in my clearo, and I have been using the 2.4 head on the nova with my twist. Both of those do work great, but again after a few days I wasnt getting the flavor, and they were all gunked up. I decided I would rather just buy new attys than buy replacement heads, so unfortunately those will be headed to my vaping graveyard.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
When the coil gets gunked up you need to do a dry burn to clean it up. Boba's has a lot of dissolved solids in it and gets my coils gunked up quicker than most juices. I use 3.5mm silica wicks and do a dry burn on them every day or two when I notice the flavor dropping off. I dry the juice out of the wick with a paper towel and then dry burn to coil in front of a fan until wick is white again. Then just add a bit of juice and put it back together. It works better than a brand new coil, vaping heaven. You should be able to do the same with a Vivi or Vision just be careful not to pop the coil. You can blow on it while burning instead of using the fan.

edit: This is for silica wicks, you can't dry burn cotton or bamboo ones, they'll burn.

Last edited:

Jermania

Moved On
Jun 18, 2012
Valhalla
I just received my cisco 510s from Avid and I must say I am pleased. They are puttin out a ton of vapor fast. They are a bit airy, so a drip shield would be a big improvement. Now I just have to wait and see how long they last. I am going to run trials with these vs Ikenvape attys to see which ones I like better and last longer before I buy a proper set up with extension and shield etc. Thanks again for the info

ohnoitsthomas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
United States
www.ohnofiasco.com
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread