Atty Caddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
I want to keep a fresh, known atomizer on hand at all times. Since I quit smoking, my only major concerns regarding going back to analogs have revolved around equipment failure. I am constantly driving around at work, and some times I am pretty far away from home. I don't relish the thought of going all day without nicotine because my atomizer copped out in the morning. Putting an atomizer in my pocket every morning is a hassle and I would forget it constantly. Leaving one in the car during hot or cold conditions does not sound sensible to me either.

I was thinking about this today and I realized something. People with heart conditions often have a little keychain fob that screws open to hold an emergency dose of medicine they can use for heart attacks. One thing I always have on me is my keys. So I looked at these things on amazon.com. There are a ton of different ones. Big, small, fancy, simple. Most of them are made of sturdy metal or plastic and are sealed with a rubber gasket. They are perfect: sturdy and airtight. Also, the atomizer will remain at a relatively stable temperature most of the time being in the pocket, close to the body. The pillboxes are also available in an endless array of styles, sizes, prices etc.

pillbox1.jpg pillbox2.jpg
pillbox4.jpg pillbox5.jpg

But, rather than buy a pillbox, however, I thought some more and realized a few more things.

1. I have on of those Maglite Solitaires. I got it for xmas one year. It has been sitting in a toolbox, unused since then.

2. Maglites are gasketed on both ends and made from aircraft aluminum.

3. A standard 510 atomizer with a shorty delrin drip tip on it is very, very close to the same size as a AAA battery.

4. The battery in a Maglite is held firmly in place by the spring on the screw-off end cap.

5. Maglites are attractively finished and discrete, a totally normal thing to see on a keychain.

mag.jpg

In conclusion, I now have a solid atomizer caddy on my keychain. It was free to me, as I already had the flashlight lying around unused. If I did not have it, I would probably get one of the pill holders... they look ideal for keeping an emergency atomizer on hand, and I bet they are carried at many drug stores and pharmacies. You can get some pretty cool looking ones too, if you are into personalizing your vaping gear.

GrandPoobah

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
Brooklyn, New York
I actually have two of those. The first one, the cylinder, fits one atty perfectly. I put the rubber condoms from a carto around the atty so it doesnt bang around. Its on my keychain right now.

The second one.. the one that says "Pillbox" kinda sucks. You can only get one atty in it and the rest is wasted space. I don't recommend it.

Illustrated_Man

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2010
Rochester, NY
I'm pretty sure if you wanted to carry 5 or so at once, you could get a vintage .38 S&W revolver cylinder from any of a number of gun parts sellers, and add a plate at both ends to contain them. The rear of the cylinder could even have a plate with five holes to match the ID of the chambers, and rotate to lock them into place...maybe not 'pocketable' but it'd fit nicely in a belt pouch...or on your desk.

29ehfa1.jpg
[/IMG]

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
I'm pretty sure if you wanted to carry 5 or so at once, you could get a vintage .38 S&W revolver cylinder from any of a number of gun parts sellers, and add a plate at both ends to contain them. The rear of the cylinder could even have a plate with five holes to match the ID of the chambers, and rotate to lock them into place...maybe not 'pocketable' but it'd fit nicely in a belt pouch...or on your desk.

29ehfa1.jpg
[/IMG]

That's what I call stylin' and profilin'!

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Wish I could be like you guys. I'm so paranoid, I won't leave the house w/out at least 10 attys/ I bought a small black case that has 2 zippered compartments on the right for 510's & 306's and more drop in webbed compartments on the left. These hold 801's and 901's real good. Then in the rear the P18 w/out an atty will fit also. I also have to carry xtra 18650 just in case.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Wish I could be like you guys. I'm so paranoid, I won't leave the house w/out at least 10 attys/ I bought a small black case that has 2 zippered compartments on the right for 510's & 306's and more drop in webbed compartments on the left. These hold 801's and 901's real good. Then in the rear the P18 w/out an atty will fit also. I also have to carry xtra 18650 just in case.

Its really not much different than back when we smoked analogs. I for one always made sure to take a unopened pack with me and a spare lighter. If the pack I was smoking at the time was less than 3/4 full I would open a fresh pack and leave the partial pack at home...

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio

I was a lot more paranoid before it dawned on me to throw an unopened can of snus in the glovebox of my car. I don't know if you have tried it, but it's not bad at all if you get some good Swedish stuff. I normally only use it for plane trips and going to the movie theater, but if I were to kill both the atomizers I carry it would work great. I have forgotten my PV a couple of times and three snus portions last me all day. You can also get some of that American snus at about any gas station around, though I find it to be far too sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread