atty, tac, and anything else i need

Status
Not open for further replies.
LR attys are for 3.7v and HR is for 4.7v+?

does TI.com have tac switches? i have been looking on there but they don't really have pictures and i cant find a part number via google search. i ask because i got my 5v regs from there for free and figured maybe i could snag some tacs for free also.
these tacs will be placed in the RCA mod i will be doing.

anything else i should look into buying/freebie, for my modding?

what i plan on doing is having my brother take my double AA maglite and cut it down to fit ONE 14500 battery. (he works at a metal fabrication shop). not sure what i will use as a cap but i'm sure he can make a plug from metal for it.
have two dead batteries that i pulled the 510 adapter things from. just not happy with the whole copper thing. seems like i have to clean it out a lot because it doesn't make good contact.
I looked into diy electroplating but not sure that would be the best option because transferring nickel to copper doesn't always work out so well, so i have read.

would it be a better idea to not hack down the maglite and run the batteries in series like it is already designed to do. then just drop in the 5v reg?
if so i'm just wondering if my volcano ecig 510 atty can take that amount of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread