Atty dud

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigiBetti

Apr 28, 2012
Canada
Hey all.
Sol I've had my 510 about a week nowe and all seemed to be going well until tonight. After I charged the batt and cleaned and refilled my new tank, when I put it back together much to my surprise the atty was no longer working. T.T I tried my other atty on the batt to be sure that wasn't the problem, and it worked like a charm, so I know thr trouble is with the atty. I grabbed my hemostat and tried to pop out the needle plate to see if I could find any problems, but the darn thing wont budge. I don't know if maybe my hemo is the wrong size or if I'm grabbing the wrong part... So my question is... Is it common for an atty to burn out within the 1st week, and if so is there any thing I can do to fix it, or prevent it from happening with my other atty. I only have the 2 and I wont be able to make a new order until sometime around the 26th, so if my last atty dies I'm in trouble. Thanks to my 510 I've been smoke free since I got it and I don't want to end up slipping up because my atty's are dead. Any help in this matter would be so appreciated.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
To me, atty's are the weak link in the vaping system, and the most unpredictable. I've had them last a few days, but others last for many months. You never know when they're going die but you've got to be prepared with backups.

To answer your question, no it's not common for an atty to burn out within the first week but it does happen occasionally. Yes atty's can be repaired but only if you know what you're doing and have the skills, parts, and tools to do it. But in my opinion it isn't worth the trouble. Most likely your second atty will last until you can place an order for more. When you do place that order I'd suggest you get at least 3 so you'll have some spares. Personally, I get nervous when I'm down to my last 5 or so.

DigiBetti

Apr 28, 2012
Canada
Ya, that's what I figgerd. Thanks. I sent a msg to the store, since it's within 20 days, I'm hoping they'll replace it. Worth a shot in the dark I figgerd. If not, oh well. I'll be sure to order lots of back ups when I get paid. I'm actually thinkin of upgrading anyway and keeping these for back-ups or more discreet needs. I do like em, but the battery life is horrid.

Last edited:

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Battery life is the main complaint with the standard 510's. The eGo's run at the same voltage but last most, if not all day. Kgo's run at a higher voltage but are otherwise like eGo's. That'll give you more vapor and throat hit. Another advantage to the larger batteries is that you can use low resistance atty's with them which greatly improves their performance, if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread