Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Can someone tell me what's up with this atty of mine? I've got 3, and this is the only one doing this.

It started tasting like burning paper, and smelled like it too. So I took the cart off and activated it, and it's glowing red... smoke comes off of it, smells like burning paper.

I've primed and re-primed, but nothing seems to be fixing it.

Any suggestions?

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
also, when drying to speed it up and vape rt away, grab a balloon and blow it up, hold the mouth end over either andd both sides of atty and squeeze it so it deflates thru atty hole only...voila! dry atty :D Be sure too deflate the balloon on both ends of atty at least twice to dry completely...or more/less if needed

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
I also finally tried the Crest Pro Health version of cleaning. They say leave it in for 15 minutes, agitating here and there. I left it in for an hour. When I took the attys out, they looked brand new. I let them dry while propped up for a couple of hours and then primed with juice and was good to go.

That being said though, I do have one atty that no matter what I do seems to taste bad. That started after about a week of use. So if all else fails, get another atty.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
I only used it a few times.. like maybe 20 puffs worth. It wasn't really dirty or clogged or anything like that. I soaked it in some isopropyl alcohol (don't drink pop), rinsed it off in hot water really well, blew it out, dried it, ran it from my manual battery, primed it... still burns and smells like burn plastic or paper and tastes like ***. 2/3 are fine, all 3 are new... I hope it can be replaced under warranty.. :(

Last edited:

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Ok, I'll correct you. :)

First of all, I was having problems with it before I soaked it in the alcohol. Second, isopropyl alcohol evaporates very quickly. Third, I rinsed it very thoroughly in hot water. Forth, I did a dry burn to cook off any remaining residuals, whatever they may be.

Bottom line is there is something wrong with the atomizer. Since it's within the 14 days, Tony is helping me sort it out and I'm sending it back to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread