Status
Not open for further replies.

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
Here's a circuit I've been working on that would light a green LED during normal use and red if the atty lost connection or burnt out. Since it's been about 10 yrs since I took a circuits class I was hoping to get some feedback from those more experienced than myself before I start ordering parts :)

circuit.jpg

Attachments

• circuit.jpg
    circuit.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 13

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
Ktythis, just an idea not meaning to distract-- why not use a red-green LED that has 3 legs instead of 2 seperate, like in our chargers? They are available in various color pairs too.

This is just a 'rough sketch' right now, I would like to condense the circuit as much as possible based on the feedback I receive. I plan to use one LED, but I didn't see them available in the simulator I use :(

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
Move the resistor above the green led in your circut and go strait to ground on the atty, should work, ill test this for ya when i get back home that is multisim ur using right? if wrong let me know what sim ur using and ill check it out for ya

EDIT: try a 220 instead of 100 to further limit current outside of the atty

Yup, Multisim 11.0.

When I remove the 185 above the green LED and changed the 100 to 220 I'm unable to turn the LED indicators off using switch J2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread