attys at 3.7 as opposed to 5v

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antebellum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Madison, GA
Hi, Timothy,

As one who vapes at both, I can give you my opinion based on experience. 801 attys, at least, work much longer at 3.7 V than they do at 5 V. Also, at 3.7, they sometimes last long enough to get all gunked up and develop high resistance. At 5 V, they die before they ever get that bad. (But, hehe - that's not nearly as hard on them as vaping at 6 V is. I had terrible luck with attys when I tried that for a day.)

I think the juice is a large part of how clean the atomizer stays, but the part that gunks up is not the gray, sintered arch you see when you look down the barrel, it's the heating coil that's under it. Getting black chunks in the top of the cart filler is a sign that coil gunking is occurring.

ceo51378

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
Annapolis MD
I think that crusted crap around the coil of the atty is actually the wicking fibers that run through the coil. They heat up an melt into the coil over time. I have been removing the fibers (and the bridge) from my 510 attys before i use them and they are performing better, have a better taste, and are staying cleaner. I would only suggest doing this if you are strictly dripping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread