attys vs cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogl3g

Feb 15, 2011
kansas
So I have been using an 510 atty for the last week and am loving it. Have only used 808 cartos before now. My problem is when I put the atty away and go out I like to use the cartos but notice a pretty big difference in vapor production and TH. Using 3.7 with 2.0 510's. I think the cartomizers are 2.5. All I wanna do now is drip. Is my problem with the cartos the ohm resistance?

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I love dripping because it gives more vapor and more flavor in my opinion. I use cartos when I'm going out too and actually kind of dread it. I'm always happy to get back to dripping. I've tried standard carto's and they just don't do it for me. Lately my out'n'bout rig is a 900 mah eGo batt with a 510 to 901 adapter running LR 808 2.0 ohm carto's. It's a bit better than the standard carto's, but I still want to get back to my mod with 1.5 ohm LR's and start dripping. To me there's just no comparison between the two systems.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Do you have the same juice in the carto as you're using on the atty? If you bought a prefilled carto at a multi-brand hardware vendor then it probably has 100% PG in it and that doesn't make as much visible vapor.

And yes - higher ohms = a cooler vape but I don't think necessarily less vapor. I get a lot of vapor out of higher ohm cartos on 510 - I use 510 Boge standards which i think are 2.9-3.1 ohms?

KR808D-1 is a slightly higher voltage battery than 510. Their standard cartos I think run high 2's to low 3's (the V4L cartos)? And to me, V4L cartos seem to have higher PG than my juices I but (I buy 70pg/30vg). V4L cartos and their WOW juice seem more like 80pg/20vg? Or even more PG? hard to tell.

What 808 carto are you using and was it prefilled?

Last edited:

hogl3g

Feb 15, 2011
kansas
I use and reuse cartos mostly from Madvapes which is where i get pretty much all my juice. I do mix a little VG in with some flavors that seem to be low in the vapor area. The last batch of cartos were blank SmokTech 2.5 which on 3.7 I thought would be good. For the most part they are just a noticeable difference to me after dripping. I had used some prefilled cartos for like the last month and try to rotate them around and clean them. When I've refilled in the past I just filled them and went straight to vaping. I know some people like to fill them and let them set up for a while before using. Maybe thats a problem I'm having?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread