Status
Not open for further replies.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
Just recieved mine in the mail today. Right off the bat I am not impressed with how the deck is indexed into the chamber. Hopefully mine wears in soon, but the first time I tried to put it in it took me maybe 5 mins of fiddling to get it lined up and seated properly.

Seems like I could fit bigger coils into the OG Boreas than I can in this one. Or maybe I have just gotten used to building on my 30mm Mizer. Not sure there.

Wicking... Not liking the wick cups for the tails. I LOVED the way you simply tucked wicks under the OG Boreas coils.

Now granted, I haven't even fired it off yet, but these are just my first thoughts after popping out of the tube. Ill update after I use it a few days.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
Well I have been using it for a few hours now. My build is a three core fused clapton (28g SS x 3 wrapped in 40g Nichrome) 6 wraps, 3.5mm dual coils. running on a DNA250 at 465 degrees. Nice tasty vape. But I had to loose that god awful driptip after the first few hits. Issue one, its to short. Issue two, the damn knurling. I prefer to NOT get road rash from vaping.

Im gonna use this build for a couple days and then Ill play with rebuilding it and see if any of my other feelings are solved. So far though I do like it. Do I like it better than my OG Boreas? Im not sure... Time will tell.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
Im using Rayon. I trimmed the wick tails so they are about half way down the juice holes. there is a little bit of open space under them. So far its working pretty good. Dosent have the output that my 30mm Mizer does, but then its airflow is a little less as well. Gonna rebuild it tonight along with one of my OG Boreas with identical simple 26G Kanthal builds just to get even comparison.

Reactions: Fozzy71

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Still lovin' it.

117g237.jpg

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
They should have called it the Boreas mini...lol
that is the main reason I want it (4 of them to start). I have 4 of the v1 on my desk right now and they are so tall that the ones on my taller mods get in the way of my monitors when sitting up at desk level working.

Reactions: mjag and MMW

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
that is the main reason I want it (4 of them to start). I have 4 of the v1 on my desk right now and they are so tall that the ones on my taller mods get in the way of my monitors when sitting up at desk level working.
It is pretty good so far but a lot different than the og. So far haven't had to do the boreas burp though, that's a welcome change....haha

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fozzy71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread