hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again. Today I will be doing my best to discuss the Augvape Foxy One mod that was sent to me by sourcemore for the purpose of doing a fair and honest review. The Foxy One is a very basic mod but is a nice size, attractive in appearance and feels to be well built. I’ll go ahead and show what’s included and some stock images of the features. I’ll give my thoughts on it and let you know if I would recommend it.

Augvape-Foxy-One-Mod-Colors-Available.jpg

What’s in the box?

1* Foxy One Mod
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* Battery Sleeve
    1* User Manual
    1* Warranty Card

Augvape-Foxy-One-Mod-Content.jpg

IMG-4552.jpg

Specifications:

Size

37.6*86*26mm

Material

Zinc Alloy

Battery Type

Single 21700/20700/18650 battery (not included)

Standby Current

<100μA

Power Range

5-120W

Voltage Range

0.5-6.8V

Resistance Range

0.05-3ohm

Charging Type

USB-C charging port

Color

Black Green Leather, Gunmetal Brown Leather, Gunmetal Alcantara, Copper Wood Pattern Leather, Silver Black Leather

Augvape-Foxy-One-Mod-Specifications.jpg

Features:

· 1. Powered by single 21700/20700/18650 battery

· 2. 120W max output power

· 3. Constructed from zinc-aluminum alloy

· 4. Sturdy and powerful

· 5. With clean and modern looking

· 6. 1.2A type-c charging port

· 7. OLED display shows vape stats

· 8. Supports variable wattage/voltage and BP modes

Augvape-Foxy-One-Mod-Battery.jpg

Augvape-Foxy-One-Mod-Handy.jpg

Augvape-Foxy-One-Mod-Modes.jpg

Augvape-Foxy-One-Mod-Powerful.jpg

Augvape-Foxy-One-Mod-Structure.jpg

Augvape-Foxy-One-Mod-Type-C.jpg

Initial Thoughts:

The packaging for the Foxy One is average. It has an outer sleeve that once slid off there is a two part box. The contents are the mod, USB-C charging cable, user manual, warranty card, and 18650 battery sleeve adapter. I received the black with green leather. I think this is a very attractive mod. My color detection is a little off when it comes to greens and blues and the color I received almost looks like a blue green to me in certain lights.

The Foxy One reminds me of an old school mod. The operation is simple and it only does VW, VV, and Bypass. That and the small display screen reminds me of mods from years ago. That being said, it has a real feel of quality with a nice weight to it for such a small mod that will allow the user to use 18650, 20700, and 21700 batteries. This has to be about the smallest 21700 mod that I’ve used besides the armour pro.

Like I said, it’s a very simple mod to operate. The functions are as follows:

- Press the fire button five times to turn on and off

- Press the fire button three times to switch modes

- Press the + and – buttons to lock the wattage and the mod will still fire

To install the battery, just slide the back cradle off, slide the battery into the cradle from the top, and re-install the cradle and battery together as one unit. I really like this design. It makes it very easy to change batteries without damaging the wrap on the battery.

The fire button on this mod is large and the one I received has no rattle at all. On the side is the small but very legible screen that shows the battery level, resistance, voltage, and in larger font is the wattage set. Below the screen is the + and – buttons. On the opposite side is the USB-C charging port. The 510 connector on top is toward the back of the unit. I’ve been using the Augvape Druga with this mod that I had previously purchased and there is still room for a larger tank base without overhang.

One nice function on the Foxy One is that it detects whether you have an 18650 battery or a 21700 battery and adjusts the maximum wattage allowed. It will go up to 80 watts with an 18650 battery and will go up to 120 watts with a 21700 battery. It could be a pro or a con depending on the person using it but it only adjusts in 1 watt increments. The adjustment does round robin once the upper or lower limit is reached.

IMG-4554.jpg

IMG-4556.jpg

IMG-4555.jpg

IMG-4557.jpg

IMG-4559.jpg

IMG-4607.jpg

Final Thoughts:

I have very much enjoyed testing the Augvape Foxy One mod. I don’t think it’s offered as a kit but the Druga would make a fine addition to deliver a complete kit. The way the battery installs and the hand feel and small size are all positives for me. The battery cradle is held on by three strong magnets and does not wiggle or come off by accident. The leather feels nice on the cradle but does not feel padded. I don’t feel like padding was necessary since it’s very comfortable to hold.

I like the weight of this device for such a small mod. There’s something to be said for simplicity and the Foxy One is simplistic but well-functioning and well built.

Would I recommend the Augvape Foxy One? If you’re looking for a straight VW/VV device that’s small but allows a 21700 battery and functions well then yes I would. I can honestly see myself buying one or two more of these for my vape stash. In case you don’t know, there is an impending vape mail ban where USPS, UPS, and FedEx will no longer ship vaping products. This might be a good one (or two) to keep in your vape stash.

I’d like to thank Lilia and Sourcemore for sending the Augvape Foxy One for this review. Thanks also to those that take time to read my reviews. Below is a link and a coupon code for the Foxy One if you’re interested in getting one for yourself.

Augvape Foxy One Mod 120W VV/VW Box Mod

$35.69 Augvape Foxy One Mod
    code: FOXY

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Very good review, this is the kind of mod I like, simple and easy. Thanks!
    It's pre order, time may run out, I'll wait.

It is a nice little mod. I’m going to get at least one more.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great review Hitt, very classy looking device.

It is nice looking and about the smallest 21700 mod I've used. It reminds me a lot of old school mods with the small screen and simple interface.

Reactions: bigbob2322

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great review Hitt. I plan on picking up a few more mods mid March; I may have to add this to the list.

I already have one more on order and may get more. I really like it for a no frills small mod that uses a 21700. I am liking the Augvape Druga on it since it's a short tank it's a good fit.

Reactions: Skeebo
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread