Augvape V200 MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the V200 mod from Augvape. The V200 was supplied for the purpose of this review by Fiona from Augvape.

V200 MOD | augvape

In the Box

Contents:

1x V200 Box mod
1x USB Charging Cable
1x User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The V200 comes in very nice packaging which allows you to see the entire device without opening. The device is made to look like a car engine, the B18C-R engine to be precise. The device very much looking like an engine hasn't been made with ergonomics in mind, but due to the tall but very narrow shape of the device it actually fits in the hand nicely when holding in a thumb firing position. I received the White version but it also comes in Red and a great looking Mat Black finish. The sides of the device has a protruding central joint with texturing either side to mimic the look of an engine. Central of the front of the device is a black mirrored, vertical, elongated rectangular panel. When activating the device a small light can be seen underneath this panel towards the top, this is what Augvape refer to has an hidden fire button and pressing on the panel in this area it acts like a fire bar (in the rest of the review when i refer to using this i will just refer to it has the fire button). Central on this panel is where the 0.96" screen is housed then further down we have the USB port. Running parallel to the panel we have "AUGVAPE" printed in red one side, and also in red "V200" printed the other. Towards both the top and side of the front we have what looks exactly like an oil cap, which is what is used instead of an up and down button. The back of the device has an identical panel but this time it's fixed and has "Inspired By B18C-R" printed in fancy italic font. The base of the device is the battery hatch and is plain apart from branding and safety stamps in red. The top of the device houses a slightly raised 26mm 510 plate with spring loaded 510. The plate has a pattern etched into it to make it look like a wheel hub, this pattern also has a practical use as it makes the 510 air fed. The device is made out of Zinc Alloy and is high quality, despite the weight being average for a duel battery device it does seem to have a weighty feel in the hand. Normally i wouldn't mention the USB cable but the one supplied with the V200 is very nice with red rope-like braiding which makes it look like the cable you would get with a tyre pump.

Specs:

Material: Zinc Alloy
Weight: 165g
Size: 87.5*45*29.2mm
0.96" Screen
Standby current: < 500 μA
Input voltage: 0-8.4V
Power Range: 5-200 W
Resistance Range: 0.05-3.0 ohms
Charging current: 1.2A
Colours: Black, White, Red

Using the V200

The battery hatch on the V200 is very smooth and secures nicely in position with no gaps. The inside of the battery compartment is trinity blue plastic, with the inner side of the hatch being the same, orientation is marked in white so it stands out. The V200 is the standard 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off. At the top of the screen it tells you what mode you are in which will be, normal for wattage, bypass or V-mode, underneath this is the wattage that can be adjusted with the oil cap. Slightly turning the cap anti-clockwise increases the wattage and clockwise decreases the wattage, it moves nicely in 1 watt increments but holding the cap in the anti-clockwise and clockwise positions scrolls the wattage quickly. I found using the oil cap was actually more practical and easier than using up and down buttons. Underneath the wattage the screen displays the coil ohms, volts and then seconds vaped, then at the bottom of the screen we have battery status for each battery as both bars and percentages. There really isn't a menu system and must be the most simple device of this kind to use, all you can do is switch between the three modes. To change between the modes is 3 clicks of the fire button which highlights the mode then use the oil cap to move between the different modes, when you have the mode you want click the fire button to select. When V-mode is selected the volts readout on the screen changes to a letter E and the value is measured in J's, what both the E and J stand for i have no idea. The other feature's the V200 has is fire and oil cap clockwise to dim and brighten the screen, and fire and anti-clockwise to lock the device.

In the picture of the screen in V-Mode it has Voltage, this isn't what is displayed on the screen in V-Mode as already described.

Performance

Another device that fires instantly and hit's quite hard. Despite there being a fun element to this mod it performs like a trooper and the oil cap for adjusting things and the fire button work fantastically. In V- mode the ramp up time is quicker and gives "more immediate and stable wattage". Maybe you need to be at high wattage to really see the benefits of V-mode or maybe because i found it instant and hard hitting in wattage mode i really couldn't tell any difference. As you would of already concluded the V200 is a power device solely and doesn't support temp control which as a power vaper doesn't matter to me in the slightest. The 510 plate can house up to a 26mm tank flush but a 28mm tank does not overhang the device and in fact even a 30mm doesn't look bad but due to the slightly raised plate there is a slight gap. The battery life was good, exactly what i would expect from a duel battery device. With this device being designed as 2 halves that fit together it isn't airtight so i have no issues with venting but on all devices i like to see visible venting for peoples peace of mind.

Conclusion

Looking just like a car engine block the V200 is fun, but don't let that fool you it's a seriously high performing power device and even features like the oil cap instead of buttons work in a very practical way.

Pros

Great build quality
Looks like a car engine block
Performs Great
Simple to use
Oil cap and hidden fire button work very well
26mm fit on plate
28mm without overhang
V-mode
High wattage
Fires instantly and hits hard
Best USB cable i have received with a device

Cons

No Temp Control
Not designed with Ergonomics in mind (but surprisingly not bad)
No visible venting

I would once again like to thank Fiona from Augvape for supplying the V200 for the purpose of this review.

V200 MOD | augvape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread